Country Music

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Country Music

Post by simple_love♫ »

Elizabeth wrote:
simple_love♫ wrote:
Elizabeth wrote: Rascal Flatts is a good band, but occasionally the lead singer's voice gets on my nerves. Sorry if this offends someone! He can be a bit nasal at times. They have real good music that can be played on a country station or something mainstream.
Thank you for the Rascal Flatts comment!!!!! they get on my nerves so bad...
I like the song lyrics they have though... wait they don't write most of their songs never mind
Oh really? I thought that they wrote their material, or at least collaborated. I'm glad someone agrees with being a bit overwhelmed by the band at times! If people could just see through some of these music genres and just listen to the lyrics in songs, they'd see what they're missing out on.
I agree country music is about the lyrics that actually have a meaning
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

exactlly. its not just some person screaming, its about telling a story. i think thats why i connect so much to country music.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

I love all country music, but I especially love the stuff from the 1990's and early 2000's. :D
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I really like songs you can line dance to. I tried line dancing for the fun of it and I had a blast! I'd to take classes or something, but I don't think most dance studios offer those kind of classes. One of the first songs I danced to was 'She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy' by Kenny Chesney. I do have one question though, how do you know which line dance to do to a song? Every song had a different dance!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

Montgomery Gentry put on a great concert!!! (they're on tour with Toby Keith)
they are very interactive with the audience and very energetic Eddie Montgomery was running all over the place and swinging the mic. stand he was wearing a white button down shirt... after a while it was pretty much see through from sweating in the humidity and Troy Gentry was doing his thing with the guitar
Toby was didn't disappoint either we did a sing-a-long of "Weed with Willie" with him!!! :lol:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
urcoolcarrie

Post by urcoolcarrie »

ah! you went to their concert?! i am so jealous!!!
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

urcoolcarrie wrote:ah! you went to their concert?! i am so jealous!!!
you like them too?! hahaha well i guess you would if you're on the country music thread... silly me

yep they are very energetic bunch i definitely suggest you see them if you ever get a chance
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
urcoolcarrie

Post by urcoolcarrie »

oh yes! i love them! i wanna go!!!!!!!!
Krystina the Alien
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Krystina the Alien »

Wow. I should've posted here earlier.

Aside from Hanson, Rascall Flatts has to be my favorite country band, but I like a lot of the solo singers better. Well:

Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Chuck Wicks, etc.

And I totally think that "I'm Gonna Getcha Good" by Shania Twain fits Alice and Jasper, perfectly!!!

And "Stealing Cinderella" by Chuck Wicks essentially fits Charlie's opinion when Edward and Bella announce their engagement. I even wrote a songfic with that song on Fanfiction.net. I'm Krystina the Alien on there too, if you want to read it.

But I'm uberly sad that the only Chuck Wicks song they play in the radio is Stealing Cinderella (and I'm not talking about like, XM radio). I really like All I Ever Wanted.
Image <--click this
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

Krystina the Alien wrote: Toby Keith, Chuck Wicks, etc.

But I'm uberly sad that the only Chuck Wicks song they play in the radio is Stealing Cinderella (and I'm not talking about like, XM radio). I really like All I Ever Wanted.

*screams like the fangirl i am* Chuck Wicks is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's really hot too hehehe
i love All I Ever Wanted the video is so cute and he looks good in it ;) I want to see him in concert so bad
... maybe i can convince my mom to take me to Nashville for CMA Festival... *begins to scheme*

and of course I have a Toby Kieth obsession too.. I had to beg my parents to take me to Nashville for the opening of his movie (Beer for my horses) and drag my mom to his concerts ♥
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.