1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I have to admit by this point I assumed what he was doing, I also wondered if that was really where he was . . . there was nothing saying that his answer could have been a cover. I still hadn't realized their diet, I knew what they were, I just wasn't sure what made them so different.
2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
B*@!&H, I think anyone who has been through high school knew a girl with the same attitude as Lauren's. I think she finds Bella intimidating and she doesn't understand the appeal (Much like Rosalie to begin with I suspect). She likes being in the spotlight, she craves attention and Bella's shadow was just a little too big for her.
3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
Honestly, I though he was a cute little kid that had a crush, even though he's clearly not that much younger than Bella, I kept picturing this little kid tagging along beside her. It was kind of obvious he thought of her as more than a friend.
4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
Bella knew there was something different about Edward and his family because of the incident with the Tyler's van, she knew beyond a doubt that Edward had been three cars down, she also knew it was his hands that were imprinted into the side of that car. So it wasn't a surprise that she believed the stories, it kind of made it fit.
Jacob on the other hand grew up listening to these stories with absolutely nothing (up to that point) to make it real. There are certain things we attribute to myths and legends because in a scientific world it's unfathomable, improbable even, so without seeing it for yourself, you would never assume that such an anomaly existed.
5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
No, that was a huge surprise to me, I never even considered it. I honestly didn't think we would see Jacob again, I thought he was just an outlet for the truth to find Bella.
Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.
- Oscar Wilde