General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
katthegreat11
Settled in Forks

Re: Denali Coven

Post by katthegreat11 »

HEHE, now we just need to find Tanya a husband and they'll be all mached up too hehe. That'd be a fun story too, I'd like to see her find her mate.
Oh, yes. I agree. Though I am partial, haha.

When Edward was telling Bella about Tanya and how he didn't like Strawberry Blondes, I honestly wanted to bite his head off-and I am suprised Tanya didn't. Honestly, I feel so sorry for Tanya:

1. She lost her mom and baby brother (she never knew him, but still)
2. She got turned down by Edward Cullen (superficial jerk)
3. She watched her sister die
4. She lives in a house of couples (much like Edward in the beginning of Twilight...)

I don't think Stephenie revealed enough about Tanya, though. She seemed like a deep character, but Stephenie only used her as a foil to Bella. I don't think she likes blondes...
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I liked getting to know them better in BD. They were always this group of people we heard about but never really got to see/know. I loved how they came in to help in BD and said they would fight if that's what it came down to it, not just be a witness like the Cullens kept telling them they only had to do. But now Tanya needs a man!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Eleazer: I just wanted to give him a hug. He must have been strong to defy Chelsea's power and leave the Volturi. Him and Carmen are great together.

Carmen: So sweet! She immediately accepted Renesmee. I hope she is happy with Eleazer.

Kate: Wow she rocked! She was so dedicated to helping Bella she almost endangered Renesmee. She must have been smart to know the exact trigger that would set Bella off. I'm glad she's with Garrett.

Garrett: Amazing speech against Aro! My favorite Twilight person!

Tanya: She was okay. I hope she really gets a mate. I feel bad she was rejected by Edward; she must have some envy towards Bella.

Irina: Sad. I wish she hadn't been killed. She obviously realized she was wrong about Renesmee and apologized. That takes guts! I wish she had been saved.

Laurent: Okay. I'm glad he didn't help James hunt Bella and left instead. That took some courage. If he hadn't been thirsty he wouldn't have been destroyed by the wolves.

Vasilii: We didn't learn enough information to say anything logical about her/him.

Sasha: Same as Vasilii.

The only Denali I didn't love was Tanya and Laurent. All and all, great!!!
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Latima
Settled in Forks

Post by Latima »

I actually liked the Denali Coven...(except Irina)

I didnt think much of them until Breaking Dawn since they did not help the Cullens when Victoria decided to form an army to kill Bella. When they came around in BD I thought they were like family to the Cullens and I did not think bad of them. It did seem like they felt left out of the 'love world' since Tanya and Kate were really the only ones without a mate of some kind (since Irina had Laurent for a little while) It made me feel bad for them. From the way it says Edward got out of her hold on him at the wedding made it seem like Tanya had not gotten over her lust for Edward and he knew this...

I consider Garrett apart of the Denali coven since he decided he would follow Kate after the crisis was over...He was so strong and willed!! I think he is amazing...I am actually sad he was not in the saga earlier I can see him like Emmett...not only a fighter but very comical!!! I thought he was a great character!!!
vampbball
Wandering Through Town

Post by vampbball »

I'm not sure what to think about them. In "Eclipse," they deliberately left the Cullens to face 21 newborn vampires and their creator. The justification for that decision was that the werewolves in the area, and potential allies to the Cullens, had killed a vampire who not only killed local humans, but who was tracking the partner of a Cullen in order to torture and kill her. I just don't see the gray area here. Essentially, Irina's hurt feelings mattered more than the Denali coven's principles for non-violence or their friendship with the Cullens. And yeah, they apologized in "Breaking Dawn"...but there was no guarantee in "Eclipse" that there'd be anyone left to apologize to, and they must have realized that. The vampire world does not seem like a friendly place.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

The thing that I wish Stephenie would have brought out in the Denali Coven is exactly how violent and frightening the vampire world is. The sisters stopped killing because their lusty appetite for humans outweighed their physical appetite. Then they essentially hid from the vampire world in one of the most remote areas possible. I think that was the reason that Eleazar and Carmen were there; to escape more than human scent. Other than Jasper, these three sisters were the most victimized by their vampire culture.
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Hi I'm new here! (This is my first post.) Are Tanya, Kate and Irina biological sisters? I wasn't sure if they were a self-adopted family like the Cullens or a bio one. Their 'mother' was their creator, not bio mom, right?
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

They are not biological, but have been sisters for a long time (over 1000 years). Check out the Character Bios on the left hand side of the main page under "Twilight Lexicon." The answer is in the PC part of Katrina's biography. That should answer your questions.
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

I'm not really a big fan of the Denali Coven. I cannot get over the fact that they just let the people they claim as family face 21 newborns alone which would have meant the death of at least one of them if they didn't get help from the werewolves, just because one of them felt bad about the murder of a vampire that nearly destroyed one of those family members. I can't wrap my head around it.
I do have a question though. The books mention the interest of the sister ( especially Tanya ) in men. And the reasons for quitting the feeding on humans was ( as Openhome pointed out ) because their lusty appetite for humans outweighed their physical appetite. Do you think they have sexual contact with human men ? If so, couldn't Edward have asked them advice?

( Sorry for mistakes ! :D My english isn't perfect)

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

SweetImpakt wrote:I'm not really a big fan of the Denali Coven. I cannot get over the fact that they just let the people they claim as family face 21 newborns alone which would have meant the death of at least one of them if they didn't get help from the werewolves, just because one of them felt bad about the murder of a vampire that nearly destroyed one of those family members. I can't wrap my head around it.
I do have a question though. The books mention the interest of the sister ( especially Tanya ) in men. And the reasons for quitting the feeding on humans was ( as Openhome pointed out ) because their lusty appetite for humans outweighed their physical appetite. Do you think they have sexual contact with human men ? If so, couldn't Edward have asked them advice?

( Sorry for mistakes ! :D My english isn't perfect)

That's a really good point....u never know....maybe in the official guide (if it ever comes out...)
ImageImageImageImage