Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Re: Ben Cheney

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

ok not to be mean but ben comes off as a dorky .. kinda popular kid in the books cause he would ditch his girlfriend to go see a martial arts movie ... i mean come on thats cruel and its crueler (is that a word??) to make her listen to him explaining what happened in the movie ...s ooo ya
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

Ben is so adorable! what really made me like him was in that one scene where Jacob and edward were face to face at school and everyone crowded around to see the "fight". What really surprised me was that Mike was holding him back. that was so cute... even thought he and edward weren't close friends, he was prepared to fight for him...awww.. Kudos Ben!
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

Score! In the favorite couples section I picked Ben and Angela.

I go through cycles. And when I finally realize that the vampires and wolves aren't real I get all upset, but just knowing that there is a possibility of someone like Ben out there is nice.

Yeah, he's a dork. I don't think that was ever a question, but since when is that a bad thing? So this is why I pick Ben:

1> A kung-fu movie is good for you every now and then.
2> Ben is such a gentlemen. He's so kind to Angela, he picks her up everyday even though she lives down the street from the school.
3> He has faults. Living with the Cullens would be great, but - as Bella says - living with such astounding people would give me a complex; I just revel in Ben's human-ess.
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Can I join this Team?
I love Ben!
And I heard about people being on Team Screw You Freaks! I Pick Ben!
So I wanted to join!
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

^^ Haha sure just put it in your sig (which I see you have ) :D

We aren't a real team, I think there only three of us.
I think it is that we (I can really only speak for myself) see that Ben is a great guy character and just because he isn't supernatural doesn't mean he can't be loved.

I'd totally pick Ben - he's kind, nerdy, goofy, and, as Lacuna Scion said, he's a gentlemen without being so perfect I'd form a complex :lol:
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i loved ben!!! i think him and angela maeke and awesome couple!! i was really mad when they put her with eric and didnt even have a ben! :( i always liked it when he was around. it was too bad they didnt put him in!
Betting on Alice.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

hi fellow Ben-lovers! i am deeply ashamed that I took ben out of my sig... so i came here to post as penance and apologize. i shall go add him to my sig now! (but i think i'll add it in some sort of banner/avie form?) we'll see. ;)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

It was interesting to get more of Ben's side of things in the Midnight Sun draft. SM's idea of Edward bringing him and Angela together as something he could do for Angela in gratitude for her friendship of Bella.....soooo cute!

It's a shame that his character got lost with the films but I understand why they felt they needed to merge Ben & Eric - otherwise it could've got way confusing.
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I love the description of Ben that Stephenie has given us in her Personal Correspondence: "He loves graphic novels, action movies with good special effects, and Angela." Doesn't that just make you go awww! And yes, he did ditch Angie to go to a plot-less, badly dubbed martial arts movie, but then, almost any male is going to do a little of that now and than. As high school boyfriends go, Ben is well above average, and I'm sure Angela knows it. :)
"
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing