Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Dakota Fanning as Jane

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

-Jasper wrote:I haven't really seen Dakota in anything, so I have no idea if he acting skills are good or not. I think it is weird that they picked someone so well know ... I liked how the other actors weren't as famous!

Maybe she could look creepy, but for me she's too young and sweet looking. Hasn't Jane got brown hair - or was that just me?
I think they can make her look really creepy,I mean they have to use alot of make-up on Jamie Campbell Bower as Caius has white hair right?
And yes she does have pale brown hair :)
Thats what I liked about Twilight, all the actors were relatively unknown and have been given a chance to shine now. I just which that they had carried on like that.. :(

xoxo.
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

She'll likely do a good job, but I am not happy about her being cast as Jane...Dakota does not look the part at all...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Dakota Fanning really annoys me.
I just don't like her...but I guess they wouldn't have cast her if they didn't think she could do it.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

t all about the $$$...She has a fan base that will go to see her in her very small role. Also Summit wants to retain her on the payrole...keep your money maker happy... :evil:

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Criss
Settled in Forks

Post by Criss »

I think she is a really good choice, i have seen her in a lot of movies. And i think she is a really really good actress for being that! young.
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Maybe she is a good actor, I've never seen her in anything.

If you think about it, she isn't a huge huge character. I don't exactly like the choice, but right now I'm warming to it, even though smaller less known actors were good. :lol:
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

@ -Jasper : She really is a good actress. We should all give her a chance. I believe in her, but today I came across a picture of her as Jane
http://www.twilight-blog.eaglepictures. ... epulciano/
(Maybe spoilers, I dunno ! :D )
She doesn't look good at all. But maybe it is just because of the quality of the picture and they also have to add computer effects and everything. I'm trying not to judge before I see the film.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

That sight was in a different language! :D
Anyways, I'm not sure. She sure has the credentials, and she is a great actress, but the thing I liked about Twilight was it was taking not the most popular people and making them popular.
With Dakota, they can't do that.
I will have to see.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Alou
Settled in Forks

Post by Alou »

I find it amusing how some of the people are saying they don't want Dakota Fanning because she is well known, then you suggest another actress who is also already well known. Fanning is in a lot of movies for one reason... SHE CAN ACT. People don't choose her because she is known. They choose her because she knows what she is doing. The fact that she hasn't been a villain or any other character like Jane is also insane. Which of these actors in actresses in the series has played a part like they did before? If I'm correct, one of them was a werewolf in Underworld and is now a Vampire in this series. Who cares if Dakota has never played a masochistic vampire before. She will do fine.
mrs_megan_cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by mrs_megan_cullen »

I am willing to give her a chance. I just hope she can bring Jane to life...I'm really hoping she makes her as menacing as I picture her! lol. Dakota seems so sweet and innocent; pretty much the opposite of Jane. I've only seen her in one movie, and the movie wasn't that good. So we'll see if she can pull it off or not.
*Team Edward*
"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share." -Alice Cullen
http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss27 ... an_cullen/<<My original Twilight graphics...check them out!