Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Liz Reaser as Esme Cullen

Post by JenJen2112 »

I liked her as Esme...she seemed a little old to play her but she brought the loving compassionate Esme to the screen...I just wish they had more of the Cullen's in the movie...
Itdoesntmatter
Wandering Through Town

Post by Itdoesntmatter »

I thought she was such an adorable Esme, so motherly, hopefully she'l play a bigger role in the next few movies
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back since 1901

Team Jasper: Theres nothing like a shot of Southern Comfort
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Liz does not look like what I originally pictured Esme to be in my mind. But I can say she is very beautiful and did an amazing job!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Devious Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Devious Cullen »

When I first saw that she had been cast, I immediately thought 'oh gosh, not her'. I really don't know why. It was nothing against her acting ability, I think just because she was Rebecca on Grey's Anatomy and I only knew her as that character, I just couldn't see it. I hadn’t really seen any of the cast in anything before, except her and Rob. And now, she had such a small part in the film that it's still hard for me to know what I think. But, she does look somewhat similar to how I pictured Esme, and she fits the book description well. I hope she gets a bit more screen time in future so we can see more of her portrayal.

pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I liked her Esme. I think she displayed the loving motherly vampire really well. I can't wait to see her in NM, especially at THE VOTE. I've always loved Esme's character and I hope to see more of her in Eclipse and BD (if it gets made which would make sense it will but you never Know.)

EDIT:so I noticed in the garage scene that Esme wasn't there even though she's mentioned when Edward asks her to put on something of Bella's to confuse the tracker. I watched the movie w/the audio commentary & in that scene CH says something along the lines of one of the Cullens not being in the scene! So I guess she really wasn't there. I wonder why?

Also there was a cool deleted scene w/her Carlisle talking about how Bella has brought Edward to life & how can it work out. I love it, I wish they had kept that scene in the movie! It was so cute & fun & I loved seeing how happy Esme is, and seeing them more is great too!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

pennybug84 wrote:I liked her Esme. I think she displayed the loving motherly vampire really well. I can't wait to see her in NM, especially at THE VOTE. I've always loved Esme's character and I hope to see more of her in Eclipse and BD (if it gets made which would make sense it will but you never Know.)

EDIT:so I noticed in the garage scene that Esme wasn't there even though she's mentioned when Edward asks her to put on something of Bella's to confuse the tracker. I watched the movie w/the audio commentary & in that scene CH says something along the lines of one of the Cullens not being in the scene! So I guess she really wasn't there. I wonder why?

Also there was a cool deleted scene w/her Carlisle talking about how Bella has brought Edward to life & how can it work out. I love it, I wish they had kept that scene in the movie! It was so cute & fun & I loved seeing how happy Esme is, and seeing them more is great too!
YES I WATCHED THE AUDIO COMMENTARY ASWELL, AND I PICKED THAT UP TOO THAT ESME WASNT IN THE GARAGE! I WISH THERE WAS MORE OF ESME IN TWILIGHT, BUT I HOPE TO SEE LOTS MORE IN THE FUTURE FILMS.. ;)
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

How about the extend scene 'Better hang on spider monkey" where Esme pinns Carliste against the wall...that should have been left in...

I wish they had put in a blooper section as well.

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
save-the-wetlands
Learning to Love Green

Post by save-the-wetlands »

I loved that scene. Peter was so Carlisle and Liz was so Esme. I love the line " You're a hopeless romantic"
ImageImageImage
dawn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dawn »

I love that Liz Reaser came out to the MTV Movie Awards last night. She was never at any of the press tours for Twilight, but it looks like she might be more involved for New Moon! She's very eloquent I'd like to see more interviews with her.
silver-swallow
Learning to Love Green

Post by silver-swallow »

dawn wrote:I love that Liz Reaser came out to the MTV Movie Awards last night. She was never at any of the press tours for Twilight, but it looks like she might be more involved for New Moon! She's very eloquent I'd like to see more interviews with her.
agreed, i know this will sound rediculous, but doesnt she give off real esme-ish vibes, even when she talks in interviews??? like, almost as if she IS the character incarnate! she has a way of speaking thats very soft, motherly, patient, very gentle, very controlled and elegant..... its strange to see an actress thats THAT similar to her character in interviews, you would swear she was still acting.