Adult Thread -- Rob's Halfway House

JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Adult Thread -- Rob's Halfway House

Post by JulieM »

Julie that is such a bummer you can't watch anything. The anticipation of wanting to see it when you get home will pay off. That probably doesn't really make you feel better though.

I was reading on the Lex main page a message from Stephenie. She thanked everyone who voted and said, "You got to see a little taste of New Moon tonight, but I promise you this: when it comes to New Moon, you haven’t seen anything yet! Can November please come faster?”

If that's not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is. How are we going to get through this long wait? I don't really want to wish time away, but seriously, November can't get here fast enough. :-)
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I just saw the trailer online. And I have two things to say:
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! SQUEAL SQUEAL SQUEAL!!!

I absolutely loved it. I'm so excited!!!!! I loved how Edward throws Bella into the glass and Jasper into the piano. It looks amazing! And Rob looks so good in that black suit. Edwardly!
And we got so much! Parts of the birthday party, the breakup and meating Laurent. The red eyes looked really good!
I liked them both in the woods. Kristen displayed the right emotions, in my opinion.
And it seems Rob isnt't the only one who's been hitting the gym. Taylor looked amazing. I'm sure he'll attract quite a bit of attention after that. And the phasing: WOW!

Kristen was so cute when she dropped her award. And I can relate to something like that...I probably would have done exactly the same. It proves she can play clumsy Bella, at least :lol: I liked her outfit. Not sure about her shoes, but they kind of matched the dress in a way.
And the almost kiss was an excellent idea.

Julie - So sorry, I can't upload for you. I have no idea how to do that.

Sandy - Hope you can arrange to see the movie in the Bahamas. At least there you can cool off in the water after the movie 8-) :D I have to see the premiere. I would almost kill to see it. Because I just can't wait any longer than absolutely necessary.

Kristiner - You're the number one dealer. I loved the pictures from the awards. And the clip from backstage.Thanks a lot.

I need a timeout now. I feel all giddy, and this can't be good for my blood pressure :P So I'll take a break and have dinner, and then I'll watch the trailer again...and again...
Have a fantastic day, guys!
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Julie: I feel your pain. I too was trying to find a site, but failed to find one that isn't blocked.

Meanwhile I'm texting a friend of mine who's out today (recovering from surgery) to ask how things went (very well) and check to make sure she saw the trailer. :lol:

And of course I come in to work to find out our system isn't working- the one system I use to get work done. :roll: Oh well.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Trine - yes...I think Taylor hitting the gym was much more "talked about" than Rob hitting it - because Taylor's being re-cast in the role depended on it. He had to put on 30 pounds of muscle. If he hadn't done that, he risked losing the role - after NM was green-lighted there was a HUGE fan uproar about that. I think he is FABULOUS. Perfect Jacob, IMO...and he looks GOOD. The phasing was definitely my favorite part of that trailer - it was just as Peter Fac described it. HOT.

David - so...if your system is down, does that mean you get to go home? ;) Or do nothing but lex all day? haha.

Image Image
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

ForJazz926 wrote:David - so...if your system is down, does that mean you get to go home? ;) Or do nothing but lex all day? haha.
Well, I'm here, aren't I? ;)
sillyme
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sillyme »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote: Elle~that wasn't a speech. He said it was his list of people. so, its a bit different. The entire thing isn't written out.
Oh I know :lol: I just thought it was so cute that he actually wrote something down...just so he wouldn't forget anyone! :D

Kristiner, you are the RobCrack QUEEN I tell you...thanks so much for all the pics (I especially adore the Rob and Kris ones). And I hadn't seen that interview vid yet so that's a bonus :D I love this cast...they're just pure awesome!

Julie ~ That sucks you can't find a decent place to watch the trailer...I was just at work at was watching it on EOnline/EW (I love how I am totally taking advantage of the company computer and internet privileges...I'm bad, what can I say?). A lot of places now have sites firewalled and those are pretty much the only Entertainment websites we can view :roll:

Have a good afternoon *waves*

Elle.
^^made by the lovely ForJazz926!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

David, I want your job :lol:
Hi, Elle!
ForJazz926 wrote:Trine - yes...I think Taylor hitting the gym was much more "talked about" than Rob hitting it - because Taylor's being re-cast in the role depended on it. He had to put on 30 pounds of muscle. If he hadn't done that, he risked losing the role - after NM was green-lighted there was a HUGE fan uproar about that. I think he is FABULOUS. Perfect Jacob, IMO...and he looks GOOD. The phasing was definitely my favorite part of that trailer - it was just as Peter Fac described it. HOT.
Julie - I didn't know that. I just thought he was automatically re-cast like Kristen and Rob. It would have been a disaster to cut him, and find a new Jacob. I liked him in Twilight, the little we saw of him. And he looks so much better with his hair short! Now with the new muscles and the hair, he looks like the perfect Jacob for New Moon.
The phasing...I just can't stop watching it. I have been so worried about the wolves. But it looked good. Maybe a bit smaller then I thought, but I like it.

I'm sorry...I know I shouldn't get hung up on such minor details..But wasn't Jasper's hair a bit weird?

In the trailer: Did anyone else find the comment by Edward "You are the only reason for me to stay.... alive..If that's what I am?", a bit strange? (I'm assuming this is before the birthday party). I think it would be better if it was like in the book, where he says something like: I wasn't going to live without you, or something about his soul: Not unless you want to die - or whatever it is we do.

And another thing that puzzles me a bit is the leaving scene...He seems to have on the same outfit in the woods as he did at the party. Does this mean that he leaves her the very same night? But Bella isn't wearing the same clothes..
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Trine - yeah I wasn't a big fan of that line, either. Sounded so emo/dramatic. I feel like there is a line that says pretty much the same thing, but doesn't have the same suicidal tone..."I can't live in a world where you don't exist."

As for the "same outfit" thing...maybe he just didn't change because he was so distraught? But personally...I wouldn't mind if they shortened that to one day. Like he comes back in the middle of the night or that morning to do it. They are going to need to cut some of the meat out of the book to fit it into a movie...and I feel like that is one area that they could cut out without damaging the story.

Image Image
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

DarkMuse wrote:....Jasper's hair. I mean come on. Really? It looked horrible. What, did he curl his hair for the party? Did he lose a bet to Alice and she got to do his hair any way she wanted?

That's the best explantion!

Edward_Addict wrote:WOW, his jacket is so wrinkly!

I love you. This is exactly the kind of thing I always notice. (But I didn't notice it in this case, so I had to look again, thinking "Yes! It is wrinkly!")

ForJazz926 wrote:Hey - I'm dyin' over here. I only saw the trailer ONCE, and now I'm at work and can't find a place where it's not blocked.

That's like .....inhumane working conditions. What kinda place are you working? It sounds positively Dickensian. :D

So, I have to thank all of you for your unstinting coverage of the show. We actually don't have cable at all and unless I can figure out how to watch it on the computer (anyone know?) you guys are my only way to "see" it. But I watched every clip and looked at every picture you guys posted. Thanks for feeding my illness!

Know what we did instead? MY HUSBAND suggested we watch Twilight. This was his first viewing. I've had the Blu-ray for awhile, but tried to keep my repeated viewings discreet. But the man was bound to get curious eventually. I think he liked it, he laughed at all the right places. At the end he said, "I can see why girls would like it so much." He seemed to identify with Mike Newton the most, interestingly, commenting on Bella's spacing on his prom invitation: "Oh, man, the poor guy's been working on his pitch for weeks!" and when they got to the prom scene he says "But that guy's gonna know she was just blowing him off!"

I though he'd be most into Jacob, since he's Native American too (actually kind of looks like an older Jacob only with green eyes. I know, I know, what kind of silly girl am I to be wasting my time pining after Rob? What can I say? He's ROB)
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

newtonscricket wrote:I know, I know, what kind of silly girl am I to be wasting my time pining after Rob? What can I say? He's ROB)
No explanation necessary, Jen! I have a great one, too...but you can love more than one person at the same time. :)

Image Image