Adult Thread -- Rob's Halfway House

diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Adult Thread -- Rob's Halfway House

Post by diane771 »

I just loved the camera going back and forth to Rob. And I just do not get that guy named "Zack" he is, I am so glad he didn't get the role. So much into himself. I only wish Rob would have kissed Kristen, but you are right, it makes the anticipation for NM grow stronger. I hate that!!!! Kristen dropping her award priceless! Rob's humility so refreshing, doesn't have to worry about being in an Enmine song :lol: :lol:
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I am SO loving that everywhere I turn on the internet there are pics of Rob from last night...*swoon*

Jen that's hilarious about your husband and Mike. Almost the exact thing my fiance said when he watched it. Then I had to explain to him that in the book there were two dances and all that. Then he just got that glazed over, i'm not really listening look in his eyes that he gets EVERY time I start talking about anything Twilight related. But I have got him to watch it with me again once after that so...progress?

Kristiner i LOVED that interview of them backstage. They all seem so down to earth and like they get along REALLY well. You don't always see that between cast members. I'm sure it's part of what makes the movies so good.

and I was very impressed with the phasing scene, the wolf looked great and they got the sound effects right (nothing stupid like the twinkling sound when Edward's in the sun)
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

I finally had a chance to watch the trailer a few more times after coming out of my Rob-induced coma from the awards show last night. I'm still amazed that Summit chose to show us bits from three separate but very important scenes in the trailer: the birthday party, the break-up, and especially Jacob's transformation.

I thought everyone looked absolutely stunning at the birthday party, especially Bella, Alice, Esme, and Rosalie. I did wonder what's going on with Jasper's hair :shock: , as several of you mentioned here. But overall, I think the make-up, hair, and costuming seems improved from Twilight.

Rob looked gorgeous and I did notice that he seemed to be wearing the same outfit in the birthday party and the break-up scenes. Maybe he will wander dejectedly in the forest after the birthday party scene and never go home to change clothes, and then break up with Bella the next day? It looks like that scene is builidng up to be pretty heartbreaking, especially with Bella lying on the ground in the fetal position. I'm pretty sure Rob can pull off angst and Kristen can pull off dejected and desperate; now if only Melissa Rosenberg doesn't screw up the screenplay. :?

Where are Bella and Laurent supposed to be in their scene together? Is that supposed to be "the meadow" with dried-up, dead grass in the winter, or do we assume that there probably won't be any specific reference to "the meadow" and it's just some random place in the forest. Maybe movie Bella tried to find the place where Edward broke up with her, and that's where Laurent confonted her?

I thought Taylor looked amazing 8-) and the phasing looked pretty cool too. Thank God Jacob's wolf looks better than Remus Lupin's poor werewolf in Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban. :lol:

I also watched an interview with Taylor on the opening page of the Lex boards (I think it was Access Hollywood). I was pleasantly surprised that Taylor seems to have toned it down a little and he politely declined to show his "8-pack", even after the reporter asked him about ten different times, in ten different ways to flash his abs for the camera. He just kept saying something cute like, "You can see them November 21st". :D He also wouldn't fuel any specific rumors about himself and Selena Gomez and just said, "She's a really great girl." Good for you, Taylor!
Banner by TammyAZ
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

Thanks Kris for all the RobCrack today. Thanks to all of your cool comments. I felt out of it today as I had owrk. I have no comp in work that has internet access, hence the reason I was watching the trailer so many times this morn beforehand to last me throughout the day. I was having withdrawl symptoms so I decided to have Twilight Saga inspired music day in work! Here's my cd list for the day ...

Twilight Soundtrack, Muse Black Holes, Coldplay Parachutes, Twilight again, Kings of Leon Because of the Times, Killers Hot Fuss, Kings of Leon Only by the Night, Evanescence Fallen, Twilight again.

Then it was time to go home! LOL! :D I loved my day. Has made me all skippy and bouncy and ready for the MTV Awards. It started here at 9pm. Its now 9.30pm. I've SkyPlussed it. Its half an hour ahead of me, but now I can go and watch it from the start and enjoy it as I forward through all the adverts, pause rewind, pause rewind, pause rewind on all the good bits :twisted: of Rob, Kristen and gang!

Bye for Now ... Laura Xx
Member of Rob's Halfway House
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

Kristiner~ thank you! I love those pics :D

MSN Today has a 'Best & Worst Moments' of last nights show. Thankfully they weren't too harsh on Kristen. And they were right, if CH didn't get cut off by the end of the show, it would have led to awkwardness.

Rob's on the front page of the entertainment section of my newspaper! SQUEEEEE!! I know I'm far too old to be clipping pictures and taping them to my wall but I'm reliving my pre-teens :lol: Plus I don't have a hubby to get made at me for it ;)

**EDIT** So I just watched the ET and Access vids on the Lex. I gotta say, Taylor's interviews are getting a lot better. He used to lay it a bit thick trying to fit into the Hollywood scene but he's really relaxed with it. I like that. Props to him for not flashing his abs for the interviewer or commenting on his love life. He's a cool kid. I wish him the best.
Last edited by GenevieveCullen on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

GenevieveCullen wrote:

Rob's on the front page of the entertainment section of my newspaper! SQUEEEEE!! I know I'm far too old to be clipping pictures and taping them to my wall but I'm reliving my pre-teens :lol: Plus I don't have a hubby to get made at me for it ;)
:lol: I do, Jen...He would have me in an asylum or something if I started clipping pictures of Rob from magazines :lol: I did do that when I was younger. I had a huge crush on this soccer player...But my clipping days are over, sadly..

Tracy - I agree with you. Edward might be walking around in the woods just thinking, and then he decides to do it the next day. Like Julie said, they have to cut something, and the days in between may have to go. I wish they wouldn't, but it won't ruin the movie if they do it.
I felt a bit teary eyed when I saw him kissing her forehead, and her on the floor of the forest.
I wondered about the "meadow" too. Maybe they made it dried up to show the total loss when Edward left. Even the meadow is lost/destroyed in a way? Because in the books she goes to find a part of him lingering there, and she doesn't feel it. So they might want to show it by having their meadow all dry? I don't know...
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
sillyme
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sillyme »

GenevieveCullen wrote:MSN Today has a 'Best & Worst Moments' of last nights show. Thankfully they weren't too harsh on Kristen. And they were right, if CH didn't get cut off by the end of the show, it would have led to awkwardness.

Aww I'm glad they weren't too hard on Kristen...some ppl actually ended up liking her more because of her clutzy moment :D And yes, while her performance wasn't the best out of all the nominees, everyone has to remember who this show, and Twilight is aimed at. And in regards to the awkwardness, it was awkward enough for me already! With the whole "cheering for Stephenie"...there was definite secondhand embarassment going on here! So yes, thank god she got cut off :lol:

Jen! Jen! What newspaper was it? Seeing as we're not too far down the pond from each other, maybe it's one I can pick up here! :D

And in regards to the Edward business...I'm in agreement with you guys! He probably just goes home and breaks up with her the next day. And really, who worries about changing their clothes when they're about to break up with someone?!?

****SPOILERS****

Although, I have heard, from other ppl who have read the secret document, that he does not break up with her the next day...I don't know the details, as I am not one who has read it :( I think they might be mistaken though (or maybe it was an early draft) but based on the trailer, it would make sense that it's the next day. Meh...

***********END SPOILERS************

Elle.
Last edited by sillyme on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^^made by the lovely ForJazz926!
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

older_twilight_fan wrote:
Where are Bella and Laurent supposed to be in their scene together? Is that supposed to be "the meadow" with dried-up, dead grass in the winter, or do we assume that there probably won't be any specific reference to "the meadow" and it's just some random place in the forest. Maybe movie Bella tried to find the place where Edward broke up with her, and that's where Laurent confonted her?
Tracy, I wondered the same thing... we know its supposed to be "The Meadow", but since there was no reference to it in TW, how would they introduce it now? Unless there were some flashbacks of time they spent there? And maybe they made it look dried up and dead to represent what Bella's feeling? Just some random thoughts.....
older_twilight_fan wrote:
I thought Taylor looked amazing 8-) and the phasing looked pretty cool too. Thank God Jacob's wolf looks better than Remus Lupin's poor werewolf in Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban. :lol:

The phasing was awesome! And I was also so thankful that the werewolf didn't look like Lupin! ;)

Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

Julie~ Not sure if your still looking for the trailer but have you tried the TwilightGuy's page? What media sites can you visit? Maybe we can upload it there.

Sandy~ NewMoonMovie.org says it was two or three different scenes for the wolf thing. I can't view the MTV vid but I think Taylor explains it in there.

I thought Jacob's wolf form would be all russet coloured. And more horse shaped, with longer, angular legs. At least, that's what I imagined.

**EDIT**
Elle~ It was the Toronto Star.
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

sillyme wrote:
And in regards to the Edward business...I'm in agreement with you guys! He probably just goes home and breaks up with her the next day. And really, who worries about changing their clothes when they're about to break up with someone?!?
You're right..It's not the time to make a fashion statement :D
He looked amazing though..I think I've said that like ten times on the Lex today.

sillyme wrote: ****SPOILERS****

Although, I have heard, from other ppl who have read the secret document, that he does not break up with her the next day...I don't know the details, as I am not one who has read it :( I think they might be mistaken though (or maybe it was an early draft) but based on the trailer, it would make sense that it's the next day. Meh...

***********END SPOILERS************
I have actually read the umentionable document...But I honestly can't remember what happens :? And that's a good thing. That means that movie will not be messed up for me.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~