Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Ending?

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I really liked the ending, I was very suprised to find the girl that they did for her. It was slightly weird, I would have liked a little more reaction from Mel and wanda about their seperate lives because now they don't share similar thoughts, and they can't read each other's mind.s
Last edited by wishingiwasbella on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
amy1675
Settled in Forks

Post by amy1675 »

I did see that Wanda would be back in a different body, but I didn't see them going out to look for a new body, I was thinking maybe they would use one they already had or had tried to save but couldn't. I love that Ian and Wanda can finally be together, I think that it will be better for Jarad and Mel too. There will always be a connection between the three but Ian is a strong enough person that it wont affect his relationship with Wanda.

Amy
jacob-rox-my--sox
Learning to Love Green

Post by jacob-rox-my--sox »

i was happy with the ending!
i was soo worried that wanda would send herself away
or that she and ian would get together!
im soo happy that it akll ended the way it did
and i will definitly buy a aequel if there is one because i loved this book ... alot
midnitesun
Wandering Through Town

Post by midnitesun »

I personally thought Wanda's body was perfect for her. Throughout the novel Melanie was the one calling the violent, and brave shots. I honestly don't think Wanda could've done some of the things she did if she didn't have Melanie. Granted, Wanda did become a stronger character. But did she actually become stronger willed and physiclly stronger? I don't think so.

I loved the ending, and was very excited it was left open. I hope SM writes a sequal.
Credit: Evie of Nox!
I took the Midnight Sun virginity pledge!
lee7
Settled in Forks

Post by lee7 »

I loved the ending of the host. what happened with wanda and mel becoming there own person so mel could be with jared and wanda with ian! i didnt really exspect this to happen so i was exstatic when it really did!! the very last part were they were on a raid and thought they were caught by seekers, and it turned out to be more humans that was so cool! i def. didnt see that comming at all! loved the ending! hope to see more to the series :]~
Ritybuds
Settled in Forks

Post by Ritybuds »

Doen't it make sence that there would be more humans out there then originaly thought. Especially if there are a bunch of souls going "native." I'm sure that Melanie and the Seeker arn't the only ones who survived, so there should be at least a few others who could be brought back....Anyway, I guess if there was another book, I'd really like to know about the other groups working on bringing people back. Maybe have it take on the POV of the other group from the end.
Last edited by Ritybuds on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rity Buds Image
THE AFTER CAR
sgrlstar1
Settled in Forks

Post by sgrlstar1 »

I really liked the ending, I was glad to see Ian would be able to stay with Wanda, but in a different body
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

It was pretty predictable, but I was happy everything worked out. Ian's line was just SO cheesy, though!
Jamie's match-making was pretty cute.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
Ellie Ibis
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Ellie Ibis »

I think it was pretty much the only feasible ending Meyer could have given it in order to write a sequel. The novel depended so much on Wanderer, to have a sequel without her wouldn't seen right, but to have her stay in Melanie's body wouldn't be appropriate either.

I enjoyed it, personally. It possibly could have been written in less of a predictable way, but at the same time, I think it was the closing the book needed in order to be a series. If The Host was the first and final book, I'd have liked it to end before the last bit, but it's not, and ending a standalone book is a lot different then ending one that's going to be a series, because you kind of need that set-up.

I also have no issues with Wanderer's new body because I'm kinda small and look like I'm thirteen too, and I'm older than her new host is supposed to be! I dunno, it made me feel better about my myself. =P
the cops & the kids & the cats & the robbers
& the stolen moments from the out of tune guitars
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Ellie Ibis wrote: I also have no issues with Wanderer's new body because I'm kinda small and look like I'm thirteen too, and I'm older than her new host is supposed to be! I dunno, it made me feel better about my myself. =P
Same here. :D

I was happy there was closure, because, while it's a great technique to let the reader imagine what will happen, it also aggravates me to no end when a character walks into 'the room' or 'the hole' or 'the box of doom' and the book ends right there!

At the same time, though, I really don't want sequels, and if SMeyer was setting up for that, I'd rather she have just left the book chopped off at the end. (Or, you know, just not write sequels)
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj