Preface to Book III

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Preface to Book III

Post by Alphie »

Many thanks to Una for her work on this one. So many good questions for such a small bit of text!

1. Bella is facing down the Volturi in battle. She talks about “we’re going to die.” When you first read this, who do you feel is with her?

2. The numbers are not in Bella’s favor. How many Volturi did you imagine were then, when you first read this chapter? Any particular Volturi did you think were there?

3. As Bella’s panic rises, she her thoughts go to the “precious one.” Who do you think is her “precious one” that she is guarding from the Volturi?

4. The burst of light causes Bella’s feelings to change. What do you feel is that burst of light? What would change Bella’s perception?

5. When you reach the end, Bella is preparing to attack. What were your feelings when you first read this? What predictions, fears, and theories did you have at this point?
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Preface to Book III

Post by sazykid »

1. Bella is facing down the Volturi in battle. She talks about “we’re going to die.” When you first read this, who do you feel is with her?
I figured, at the very least, it would be Edward there with her.

2. The numbers are not in Bella’s favor. How many Volturi did you imagine were then, when you first read this chapter? Any particular Volturi did you think were there?
I had no idea how many of the Volturi were there. I figured it would be Caius, Marcus, Aro, Jane, Felix and Demitri at least. They were the ones that had the biggest part in New Moon so it seemed logical for them to be there.

3. As Bella’s panic rises, she her thoughts go to the “precious one.” Who do you think is her “precious one” that she is guarding from the Volturi?
I was fairly certain it was Reneesme she was talking about.

4. The burst of light causes Bella’s feelings to change. What do you feel is that burst of light? What would change Bella’s perception?
I had absolutely no idea.

5. When you reach the end, Bella is preparing to attack. What were your feelings when you first read this? What predictions, fears, and theories did you have at this point?
That made me nervous, I couldn't imagine Bella attacking anyone. I figured thing would turn out alright in the end because Bella and Edward had been through too much to have the book end sadly.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I figured Edward was with her, and most likely the rest of the Cullens. They were a family now, and they would always stick together.

I didnt know how many they would be. But I was sure Aro, Marcus and Caius would be there. And Jane.

Renesmee, for sure.

I really don't know. I guess she just saw that she would fight to the very end to save her daughter and her familiy. And either she would win, or she would die trying.

I was scared. This was the first time Bella would actually be in a battle, and I had no idea how she would handle that. I felt confident that everything would turn ot fine, though. SM wouldn't kill any of her big characters in the last book. So I felt it in my heart that they would make it.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Edward, certainly. Maybe Jacob & the rest of the family. Whenever Bella says "we," though, I always think of Edward.

Well, I thought Aro & Caius & Jane and her twin were there... I imagined it was probaly about a dozen or so Volturi.

Renesmee, of course, as foreshadowed by Bella's dreams before the wedding and on her honeymoon.

I can't honestly remember my thoughts about the burst of light -- maybe that it was Edward appearing? The only thing that would change Bella's perspective is mostly likely directly involving Edward.

I was pretty sure she was been a vampire at that point and that maybe she had some sort of physical power that would help them. I predicted that someone important on the Cullen side would be lost and was worried it would be one of the family but I really had no idea what was going to happen.

Image Image Image
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

Certainly Edward. I don't know who else at this point.

Aro, Marcus, Caius, Demetri, Jane, Alec and Felix. I didn't know of the others.

3. As Bella’s panic rises, her thoughts go to the “precious one.” Who do you think is her “precious one” that she is guarding from the Volturi?
I didn't know who the precious one is.

I didn't see that part and I still don't know what it means.

I was scared she was going to die.
Hyvanna

Post by Hyvanna »

Everyone on the Cullen side. Its Bella she worries about them all Edward an Nessie first of course

Alot guess if i would have payed more attion how meny whittness they had gathered then add some to that would help.

Nessie, i thought because of her primanition dreams. The fact she went an seen J.Jenkens for two new ID's for Nessie an Jacob.

Was that when she relized how strong her sheild is ....good question :oops: WoW im gonna have to reread that part :oops:

Fear they was gonna die or alot was gonna die witch inturn would make thoes who was still left want vengance.
The part where Jacob an Nessie are about to run *tear tear tear* Sad Edward callin Jacob son wow ..heartwarming.
I truly at the point thought a Phys battle was about to happen... An hoped that Bella would Cream Jane :D
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

edward and the cullens. i would have said "go figure" to anyone else! ;)

probably Jane, and i think Alec is a package deal with her so him too. Felix and Demetri. i didnt imagine Caius and Marcus there, i thought it would just be Aro. ( excuse my spelling! dont have the book in front of me! )

i dont think we knew rennesme at this point, so i figured whoever it was from her vivid dreams before.

oh dear, cant remember that part :? .......im not sure!

im agreeing with sazykid! i thought, "no way. bella in a fight? hmm". But i knew everything would be okay. Stephenie would'nt do anything drastic. ;)
Betting on Alice.
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

Edwards, Jacob, Renesmee (though we didn't really know her at that point), and the Cullens

I didn't think it'd be all of them. Aro and Jane, for sure. Demetri, Felix, Alec.

3. As Bella’s panic rises, her thoughts go to the “precious one.” Who do you think is her “precious one” that she is guarding from the Volturi?
Her daughter.

I'm not sure... 'Cause she didn't know about her shield at that point. *shrugs* Not sure.

I was like, oh my God. Bella? In a fight? Haha, but I knew SM wouldn't kill major people off. But still I was like I wanna see Bella in a fight!

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

Her family- the Cullens

Not many, maybe several more than in Eclipse. The main ones being Jane and Alec

Renesemee.. she had all those dreams basically the same before she got pregnant.

Maybe a fire? Explosion? Maybe someone being burned made her very angry.

Bella was never the one who had to fight before so I guess kind of worried.. everyone else always saved her and this time she's fighting!
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Edward and Renesmee.

I knew that Aro and Jane would be there at least.

Renesmee.

I think it was her shield.

I already knew the outcome.