Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: New Moon Trailer

Post by Amanda Beth »

Okay, I've officially watched the trailer to the point I could be committed. Seriously, I need to stay away from all computers for a while. This is not healthy.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

debussygirl wrote:I have a favor to ask.
My computer's sound stopped working so I have not seen the trailer (other than the first 15 seconds that came out early) with sound. So could someone post what they say after Bella says "I love you" pretty please?
I guess this is several lightyears too late and you've probably seen it by now, but anyway... After I love you, Edward says: You're my only reason to stay..alive...if that's what I am.
And then in the woods he says: This is the last time you'll ever see me.
And Laurent says something like: You couldn't mean much to him if he left you here unprotected. I have no sound here at work so I can't remember the rest.

I agree with what's been said. The trailer is definitely for the fans of the books. It gives away that Jake becomes a wolf, that Edward leaves, that Jasper tries to kill Bella. And that makes me happy. It makes me think that they are actually making the movie with us in mind. That they will make it as good as possible for us Twilight-addicts :D

Amanda Beth and CullensGirl: It would be insane not to lust for shirtless Taylor at any age. He looks so good I can hardly believe it.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Dovrebanen wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote: * Was it just me or was the break-up a little under-reacted? And by that I mean Edward wasn't "kind" about the break up. At least that's not how I remember it. And this almost seemed "well, I'm leaving, I don't wanna, but I gotta" where it should've been "I've had my fun, but now it's time to move on. You'll get over it quickly enough because you're ... human." I mean I recall him being cruel to help her get over him leaving, because he made such a point of it later telling her how should could ever believe he didn't love her anymore.
He was cruel in the book. His eyes were cold and hard. And Bella said she could see into them for miles, and nowhere could she find anything to contradict his harsh words. I just read it today. But we saw so little of the leaving scene in the trailer. Basically we saw just the end of it. I'm hope when we get the full scene, we get to see to his harsh words when he says he doesn't want her to come with him, and that she's not good for him. And then I want to see them both making their promises. I would love to see some sign that he cares for her, when he tells her not to do anything stupid and reckless.
Another thing I noticed in the trailer that just doesn't fit the with book breakup scene is Edward kissing Bella's forehead before he walks away. That just seems WAY too lovey-dovey for how he's supposed to act when he tells her he doesn't want to be with her anymore. :roll: But yes, let's hope they do that scene justice. I would hate to have another Twilight movie meadow fiasco on our hands with such a pivotal scene. :?
Image Image
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Edward_Addict wrote:
Dovrebanen wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote: * Was it just me or was the break-up a little under-reacted? And by that I mean Edward wasn't "kind" about the break up. At least that's not how I remember it. And this almost seemed "well, I'm leaving, I don't wanna, but I gotta" where it should've been "I've had my fun, but now it's time to move on. You'll get over it quickly enough because you're ... human." I mean I recall him being cruel to help her get over him leaving, because he made such a point of it later telling her how should could ever believe he didn't love her anymore.
He was cruel in the book. His eyes were cold and hard. And Bella said she could see into them for miles, and nowhere could she find anything to contradict his harsh words. I just read it today. But we saw so little of the leaving scene in the trailer. Basically we saw just the end of it. I'm hope when we get the full scene, we get to see to his harsh words when he says he doesn't want her to come with him, and that she's not good for him. And then I want to see them both making their promises. I would love to see some sign that he cares for her, when he tells her not to do anything stupid and reckless.
Another thing I noticed in the trailer that just doesn't fit the with book breakup scene is Edward kissing Bella's forehead before he walks away. That just seems WAY too lovey-dovey for how he's supposed to act when he tells her he doesn't want to be with her anymore. :roll: But yes, let's hope they do that scene justice. I would hate to have another Twilight movie meadow fiasco on our hands with such a pivotal scene. :?
But doesn't he kiss her forehead in the book? *goes to check* I had to dig NM up from my bag at work and hide it under my desk while checking :lol:
Here it is. When she reaches out for him, he pins her arms to her sides and then: "He leaned down, and pressed his lips very lightly to my forehead for the briefest instant. My eyes closed." Paperback pg 73.
Other than that, I agree with you completely. They better not mess this scene up. I am going to cry. They had better make me cry!
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Remember - that was the 'teaser trailer' apparently.

akjDSNKLJH*E*D_Dx

So the proper one will be even better - if thats even possible. :D

dfahuo7)(WU_U_$#UPO:LW><S<,.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..aahhhhh
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Jade, you seem to be inventing your own language after this trailer :lol:
I don't think we even need translation :)

I just can't wait for the next trailer. But I guess that's a few months away?
This one just basically wiped away so many of my concerns. I have total faith in Chris now. He even did the wolf right!
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Ohhh ok, so he kisses her in the book too. I dunno, it just looked all wrong in the trailer. Like, kind of tender and not like he was trying to be cruel. :? Like I said before, let's just hope they do this scene justice.
Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

hehe trine. yeah. I just get really over excited.
ive never been this excited before. it's like, a whole new experience for me :P

naw.
then I get depressed when I realise how far away november is
and then I panic incase i wont be able to see it on the day it comes out..
incase its full, or I end up having an exam on that day (our school exams are in november.. D*#@*&@ it!!)

Cause Twilight came out here on boxing day - and I was working on boxing day - so I couldn't see it on that day it came out...

And thankfully NM is released November 19 here woooooooooo
eelnjfaid0au097uo090(*)EU()HDDNNDDN@@@@@@@
:D
sorry.
Im gunna try book tickets as early as possible.
Hopefully a week or two before :D
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

I find myself disecting every part of the trailer but the fact is the trailers can be very decieving. The Twilight trailer contained scenes that weren't even in the movie and the sneek peeks were different in the movie then what was originally shown. New Moon hasn't even been finished so don't expect too much from what was seen in the first trailer. Don't get me wrong... I really liked the trailer. It didn't have the anoying blue tint in twilight and it stayed very close to the book.
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Edward_Addict wrote:Ohhh ok, so he kisses her in the book too. I dunno, it just looked all wrong in the trailer. Like, kind of tender and not like he was trying to be cruel. :? Like I said before, let's just hope they do this scene justice.
It did look kind of tender. Like he didn't really want to leave. In the book you see her reaching out for him, and she thinks he's reaching for her to. But he's not. He just kisses her forehead lightly while making sure she can't grab a hold of him. I think he wanted to put as much distance between them as he could. I don't know why he kissed her forehead. Maybe he just couldn't help himself, or maybe he wanted to give her something for goodbye?
Jadey wrote:
and then I panic incase i wont be able to see it on the day it comes out..
incase its full, or I end up having an exam on that day (our school exams are in november.. D*#@*&@ it!!)

Cause Twilight came out here on boxing day - and I was working on boxing day - so I couldn't see it on that day it came out...

And thankfully NM is released November 19 here woooooooooo
You get to see it a whole day before the rest of us! I think I'll get to see it a bit before the US people, since I'm ahead of them in time. Maybe? It opens Nov 20th here. And yes, I am scared to death that I won't get to see it opening night too. I remember I had exams in November when I was in NZ too.
My biggest concern is that I live in a kind of smallish town with 40 000 people. We have one theatre. With 4 different rooms I think. So I assume New Moon will be in the biggest one. But still....I might not be able to get a ticket. But there is a theatre about 20 Ks from here, and another one 70 Ks away. So I'll go to one of those if neccessary. I have to see it opening night. Not like Twilight, which I saw the very last night. I have to see it so I can get on here and discuss the whole thing with you guys!

TheLamb - I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. But it's hard. I'm just so excited. To quote Jade: adjkn&#aklsdn*%& :lol: I like the colors too. It has more of a glow. Not so grey and depressing, even if it's a darker movie.