Made fun of for liking Twilight?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ed4ev
Wandering Through Town

Re: Do People think you are crazy when you talk about Twilight?

Post by ed4ev »

i made all my friends read it and one hasnt finished breaking dawn so i have to be all secretive, i accidentally told her about renesmee and shes like what the heck...oops, but i just told her it was some girl they happened to run into..
anyway even though theyve all read it and love it, they still arent as obsessive as i am, my locker:twilight, my notebooks:twilight well you get the idea...
anyways, ive read every book at least ten times(yes i know i have problems) and i can pretty much recite every line...and every single time i get this look...from everybody i talk to

Do I dazzle you?
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

We were meant to be doing a debate in english about how the environment doesnt affect your mental health and we ended up writing about Bella moving to Forks and not being depressed after she met Edward and we are going to be considered complete freaks when we have to read it out...oh and I wrote "I stabbed Edward Cullen with a spork" on the school computer and set it as the desktop and the teacher was like "eh...*cough*whats an s.p.o.r.k.?" :lol: :lol:
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Once, my reading teacher was giving us an option for a project, where we could make a book cover with the flaps for a hardbook cover. So, as an example, my teacher borrowed my friends copy of Breaking Dawn, and she started reading something like "Being in love with a vampire is a struggle for Bella Swan..." to the class, and everybody looks at my friend like WHAT ARE YOU READING!? And so all of my friends and I who understand the whole Twilight thing started laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: It was hysterical :lol:

But usually, nobody will think we're weird for talking about Edward Cullen unless we mention he's a vampire :lol:
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Other than everyone here I don't know of anyone else who has read The Books. My son thinks I have gone completely insane. He's lived through my Harry Potter obsession & now Twilight.

I told him that I'm making him go with me to see the movie & can I tell you what a fit he threw about that one. Can you imagine a 12 soon to be 13 year old boy going to see Twilight with his mom& He was like what if I know people there, what will they say & what if people show up with those fake fangs. I ended up getting the sigh & the eye roll. I think I may be breaking him down, I have 2 months, so that may be enough time to bribe him or talk him into it.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
lee7
Settled in Forks

Post by lee7 »

I am always talking or thinking about twilight even when i try not too its so crzy lol! and at first i would be talking about it and my friend would be like what is so great about it and she didnt understand and just thought i was wierd and now she is reading it and is almost on eclipse && we talk about it like 24/7 its great i love it!!!! haha && i will always mention twilight stuff to my family && they are kinda like umm...yay sure w.e. ok! lol but i talked about it so much and was so obbsessed my mom was like ok im just gunna read it. and now shes like ohhh i see why u like it lol! but then i always come across those people who are like "whats it about" and im like "just read it for yourself" and then there like ugh just tell me what its about and u know u say a girl who falls in love with a vampire. and there all like omg that sounds awful what the hechj im like just read it and u will see if u dont like then stop reading it. then there like no thanks! haha im all like u dont know what ur missing!!!
EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs »

My husband definitely thought my obsession was a little much...especially considering it took less than a day for it to completely consume me. He did change his tune however when, less than a week later, we were on a plane and I was re-reading New Moon, and the girl struck up a conversation with me...turns out she was reading Eclipse. haha! So the two of us were just gushing about the books, while my husband shook his head and laughed to himself. He later told me he was sorry for thinking I was a teensy bit crazy.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

vamp na hEireann wrote:We were meant to be doing a debate in english about how the environment doesnt affect your mental health and we ended up writing about Bella moving to Forks and not being depressed after she met Edward and we are going to be considered complete freaks when we have to read it out...oh and I wrote "I stabbed Edward Cullen with a spork" on the school computer and set it as the desktop and the teacher was like "eh...*cough*whats an s.p.o.r.k.?" :lol: :lol:
lol, you just made my day!!
List, Gnat ♥
vamp na hEireann
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

We went on a school tour on wednesday and me and my friend were talking about Twilight (obviously) and it got a bit retarded and off topic as do all of our conversations and our teacher was sitting in front of us and she was like O_o and was like "...okay then..."*awkward silence* and then we busted ourselves laughing.

oh yeah,we came up with this in school when we were bored and started talking about Nessie and proceded to mix other names about. Bella+Edward+Jacob=Bacwards...and long story short Bacwards cat got run over by Alice on her purple tricycle with black streamers on the handlebars!
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
LipsForeverSealed
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

vamp na hEireann wrote: oh yeah,we came up with this in school when we were bored and started talking about Nessie and proceded to mix other names about. Bella+Edward+Jacob=Bacwards...and long story short Bacwards cat got run over by Alice on her purple tricycle with black streamers on the handlebars!
^^ Heehe vair coolio and odd! hahaha :lol:
Bacwards! :D
I like the sound of Alices tricycle! I want one...!

yes people think I'm crazy, well in my school comuter wallpapers any way!
I was putting up beautiful Twilight Movie Posters as the background, and then someone kept DELETING the posters and putting up pictures of Chris Brown, this was going on for ages, and so today was the last straw....!

I typed out an Ode to the person (its in Just Vent pg 34, if ya wnt to check it out!), the Ode is called Ode To A Psycho...., the odes in purple with a white background and then tons of class Twilight avatars and the Movie poster..!
Its like the best background ever!! :mrgreen:
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Actually, my some of my friends I hang out with at lunch have gotten into it, but one is still too stubborn to read anything fantasy. So me and one of my friends were talking about Midnight Sun and we were both kinda swooning over Edward and not making much sense, and my stubborn friend just looked at us like we were crazy. She rolled her eyes a lot and even told us, "You're crazy." I just told her, "You do not understand until you have read this book." But she rolled her eyes again. I'll be working to get her to read it.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com