I'm loving the facebook gutter group.
Mascot... hm....
An apron that says "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen"
Oh, the possibilities!
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Post by Tamalyn »

I think that a Gutter facebook group would be kind of hard to moderate, since the Gutter's trademark is sqeaky-clean dirty fun (IE, no swearing, innuendo only). Would the same rules apply to the FB group? I think it would be UBER-fun, if we kept the same rules, and had it be the kind of group that is private. But, that could get a little 'elitist'...gah. I give up.

I like the idea of a rolling pin for our mascot....bwahahaha. It just barely skims under the innuendo/vulgarity line.
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Okay. I'll make a group. I think, what I shall do for now, is make the group public, so that everyone who wants to join it from the thread can find it easily enough. maybe once we've all sort of amassed into it, if we'd prefer to make it private (private's not bad; if anyone wants to join after we make it we can invite them and stuff.) and I agree with keeping the rules the same - that's part of the fun!

I'll post the link once I get it set up, and send an invitation out to the people I already have friend'ed on facebook. I'm excited.

<3 Ren

ETA: Um... what would you like to call the group? 'The Gutter'? Or something catchier? If it involves something like Cullenary, let's do something for the wolfies, too.'Hotdogs and Obelisks', or something. :p
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Adam »

Holy cow! A new gutter thread. What is this?! I mean seriously, don't you ladies know that the average male chef needs anywhere from up to 20 minutes between baking multiple consecutive goodies. Slow down! :lol:
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

ashleygill03 wrote:Mascot... hm....An apron that says "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen"
Oh, the possibilities!
Several months ago, there was a lengthy discussion about the value of "aprons" in the baking process to make sure the buns didn't over-rise. There actually is a whole line of gutter aprons (thanks to Fry) and one in particular that says "I love baking" with our trademark marble rolling pin on it. (The smaller print you can't see in the picture says "Thank goodness for aprons.") I wore it tonight, in fact, while I was doing some real baking. :D
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

YAY the Gutter on facebook! Count me in, please.

I hope y'all know that since i've joined the gutter i've not been able to think about baking/baked goods/kitchen utensils without either a) letting my mind wander too much or b) giggling like a fool.

popsicles...gah...i'll never be able to eat one again without feeling slightly dirty or snickering!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Yes, yes, I would join a Gutter group on FB!! Geez, the only other group I'm a member of is my highschool/church/college group- which has been invaluable to me in finding friends I'd lost contact with. This would be so much fun!

Thanks for the well-wishes for my husband. He's not in a lot of pain; he says he feels like he's been stabbed in the arm. He goes back to work on Monday.

Hmm, I guess I'm gonna have to go to a sight and make a list of Twilight things I want for Christmas... I don't wear actual aprons when I'm cooking (literally, not "baking" ;) ), but I'd wear that one with the marble rolling pin!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

BlueStarlight wrote:Hmm, I guess I'm gonna have to go to a sight and make a list of Twilight things I want for Christmas...
Besides my apron, my two favorite Twilight pieces are my book bag which says, "It's a Twilight thing, you wouldn't understand," and my Forks High School t-shirt. I gave one away as a prize when my book club reviewed TW and we nearly had blood shed over it! I got my shirt from Cafepress but they no longer have the rights to that shirt. You can, however, get them from the Forks Chamber of Commerce store and the money will stay local funding scholarships for Forks High School Students. I saw a great t-shirt that was advertising Emmett for personal training. In fact there is a great line of "career" shirts on that same site.

ETA: Dang! I give my kids a lot of grief about FB. So you're telling me I have to make an account??
Last edited by nissanmama on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I was gone one day and we have a new thread with 5 pages on it! Wow, Adam you were right, they work a little too fast.

You guys are great and I loved reading all the title ideas. Such naughty ideas pop into my head reading them.

Love the T-shirts Nissanmama. I would love to have any of those. There are such creative ideas out there.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Yay Ren for new title! Ren: I'm also on Facebook. I will PM you my name later so you can add me. Actually, you may already know it from myspace. ;)

Ouisa: Would you happen to have Marcy's fanfiction link somewhere handy? I'd love to read it.

I wish I read more fanfic. I've not read much, but I have loved everything I've read so far. I'm usually so busy reading books for the 50 Book Challenge or grading essays. I finished Stargirl and Love, Stargirl this week for my children's lit class I teach. Thanks, Nena, for the suggestions. I loved both books. I highly recommend them both.

On my shelf right now, I have Al Capone Does My Shirts, MaryJanice Davidson's Undead and Unworthy, City of Ashes, and a cannibalism book called --- Eat Thy Neighbor. I also have about 65 essays to grade.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!