Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team

Postby dawn » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Lacuna Scion wrote:I was mulling this thought over in my head for a while and I really couldn't decide what my opinion on the matter was. I guess it's different depending on where you look on the TW timeline but I can't make up my post-BD mind. So maybe you guys could share your thoughts.

Do you think if Leah had the chance she'd take Sam back? I know it's not possible but since when do we care about the confines of impossibility? Does she still care about him enough to want to be in a serious relationship?

I was just wondering and I couldn't decide if post-BD Leah would - given the chance. I'm inclined to say no, but I could also argue yes. But I may lean towards no... grr :x

Later Crappy Renegades!

PC: 3


Hmmmmmmmm. My initial gut feeling is that she wouldn't, just because she's so stubborn. I think if Sam wanted her back, she would just look at him with an "are you serious? After everything you've done to me?" look. Idk, though. I'm interested to hear everyone else's thoughts.

Posts: 6
Image
dawn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: USA

Re: Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Postby love_is_noise » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Do you think if Leah had the chance she'd take Sam back?
I hope that she would say no, but I think a stong part of her would want things back to how they were, so she would want to say yes, but in the end i think she would decide against it, because she has began to move on, and being with Sam would jsut mess up what she was begining to create for herself.

posts::9
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Image
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
User avatar
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward
 
Posts: 2811
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:20 pm
Location: england

Re: Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Postby copper curls » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:06 pm

Do you think if Leah had the chance she'd take Sam back?

I'm inclined to agree with what everyone has already said, but I'll try to add my thoughts a little bit...

love_is_noise wrote:...she has begun to move on, and being with Sam would just mess up what she was begining to create for herself.


dawn wrote:"After everything you've done to me?"


^okay, I quoted from dawn and love_is_noise, because I think that you both had important things to say, and I just wanted to elaborate on this a little. I think that Leah has spent too long feeling hurt by Sam and angry about her situation... I don't think that she could ever truly let go of all her feelings, and all the thoughts she had. If she felt like the "ex-girlfriend he couldn't get away from" when she was spending time with him because she was in the pack, then I don't think those feelings would entirely go away just because he said he wanted her back.
Leah is really intelligent, and she had thought up very complex reasons as to how she ended up the "girly-wolf." I think her ideas about the genetics involved with imprinting would prevent her from having a real relationship with Sam, other obstacles non-withstanding.

Sam has, although maybe not intentionally, profoundly and most likely permanently hurt Leah.

also, as was mentioned, she is beginning to move on. she is trying to create a life for herself... she was talking about moving off the rez, going to school and taking some yoga classes. that is really the best thing she can do, and she's in a really healthy place. she needs to create her own life, to be independent and strong, and just the idea of being with Sam would only hurt her some more.

so I say that, no, Leah would not go back to Sam, even if the opportunity presented itself.

~ Kat

PC: 3
Image
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
User avatar
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:03 pm
Location: Playing Thunderball

Re: Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Postby love_is_noise » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:00 pm

^^ WOW, that was a really detailed answer!
I'm too lazy, I could never be bothered to putin as much effort as you just did! :lol:

okay, new question:
If the werewolf gene had never acivated in Leah, what do you think her life would have been like?
What career path would she have taken? would she have had a family? how long would it have taken her to get over sam?....or would he have imprinted on her because the wolf gene would never have stopped her from having children?


posts:10 woo double figures! :D
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Image
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
User avatar
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward
 
Posts: 2811
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:20 pm
Location: england

Re: Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Postby copper curls » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:59 pm

haha, sorry if I made you go blind with my monster-post…
I just had a lot of ideas, I guess.

and now we have a new question, so prepare for attack of monster-post again…. sorry.

If the werewolf gene had never acivated in Leah, what do you think her life would have been like?
What career path would she have taken? would she have had a family? how long would it have taken her to get over sam?....or would he have imprinted on her because the wolf gene would never have stopped her from having children?


oh, wow, that just kinda boggles the mind.
um, if she didn’t have the wolf gene, she would never have been able to fully come to terms with feelings towards Sam.

Remember how when Sam first imprinted on Emily, he wasn’t able to explain anything to Leah, cos she wasn’t in the know about pack life? So she would probably be really biter, because she would feel more hurt and angry without fully understanding the situation.

^ that’s assuming that Sam would still have Imprinted on Emily. I really have no idea if Sam might have Imprinted on Leah if she didn’t have the wolf gene. I don’t really know what to think, just cos it seems so strange.

I’ll have to come back to this idea later.

I really don't know what sort of career path she might have considered...
a lot of her character is developed through her pain, and surviving emotional turmoil. so the idea of working to control her feelings, to do things like yoga, seems natural.
If she hadn’t had any closure or any kind of real confrontation about her feelings, she might have developed into a completely different person. She might have left La Push sooner, or she might never have left at all.

sorry sorry ~ that’s just my long way of saying that I really don’t know what kind of career she might have had. She may have bounced from job to job, or been a total workaholic… I don’t really know. *shrugs*

great questions, though ~ I’m glad I’m finally getting the chance to explore all my ideas about Leah, and the Pack and Imprinting and everything…

love_is_noise, do you have a nickname or something that you go by?
just wondering.

see you all later,
~ Kat

PC: 4
Image
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
User avatar
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:03 pm
Location: Playing Thunderball

Re: Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Postby love_is_noise » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:25 pm

^^wow, mega post^^
and kat, my name is jo...short and simple, just use that! :D

If the werewolf gene had never acivated in Leah, what do you think her life would have been like?
What career path would she have taken? would she have had a family? how long would it have taken her to get over sam?....or would he have imprinted on her because the wolf gene would never have stopped her from having children?

uhm...okay,my answer to the question:
........
I can imagine that Sam would have imprinted on her, if we take billy's ideas as the truth, then Imprinting is a way of making a strongr, faster, better generation, so because the wolf gene was so prominent in Leah's family then he would have imprinted for that purpose.
But if he hadn't I think that leah would have been hung upon him for a long time. I think that she would have been really angry that he kept lying to her, so probably would have gone on the rebound,maybe going out with paul for abit, trying to get over him. But i think it would take a long time before she ever did.
I don't know about a career path, maybe teaching, either history or P.E.

posts::11
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Image
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
User avatar
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward
 
Posts: 2811
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:20 pm
Location: england

Re: Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Postby DudeRocksTheTwilight » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:51 pm

Hello!
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to contact Sam (my boss) but since some of you are posting like mad I decided I would promote!
Here we go:
Drumroll please...........................

love_is_noise (Jo), you are a Yoga Instructor!

Everyone else, you're doing awesome!

~Derek and Sam
Image
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
User avatar
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 3825
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Re: Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Postby Lacuna Scion » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:02 pm

If the werewolf gene had never activated in Leah, what do you think her life would have been like? What career path would she have taken? would she have had a family? how long would it have taken her to get over sam?....or would he have imprinted on her because the wolf gene would never have stopped her from having children?

As for the whole getting over Sam thing, I have to deviate from posts above. I think Leah would've gotten over Sam quicker if she hadn't started shifting. Unfortunately, she wouldn't be the first girl to lose what felt like an amazing guy to his (seemingly) flaky decisions. When she's with the pack she's in everyone else's (including Sam's) minds. She can see the all the good and all the bad. It seems like that would make it hard to move on.

If she wasn't a member of the pack, I think she would've moved on quicker - barring the fact that she chose to move on. If she refused to accept it and tried to hold on to him (kind of like Bella in NM) then that's a different story. But if she chose to move on and do new things I think it would be easier for her.

If Leah hadn't been predestined to be a wolf then I think Sam imprinting on her would've been a definite possibility. Sam diatribe over.

I think she would've moved off the rez. I don't see her being the kind of girl to just get married and settle down. I think she'd go off to school, maybe see a little more of the world. In the end though, I think she would come back home. Work as a La Push/Quileute Historian or something of the like, but not until she was a little older and wiser.

If she had a family I would think that wouldn't happen until later in her life. After she'd been to school and everything. I can see her having some little spazzes running around after she moved back to La Push. Chasing Seth and him getting into trouble with them :lol: .

Wow. That was really long...

PC: 4
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Image
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
User avatar
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Being the village idiot

Re: Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Postby dawn » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 pm

If the werewolf gene had never acivated in Leah, what do you think her life would have been like?
What career path would she have taken? would she have had a family? how long would it have taken her to get over sam?....or would he have imprinted on her because the wolf gene would never have stopped her from having children?

Nice question!! I think its a little hard to speculate on what Leah would have done if she never became a werewolf, because we don't see her pre-werewolf character that much. I think she definitely would have been a lot less bitter, though, because I think a lot of the bitterness we see in Leah is a result of her turning into a werewolf, not just because she lost Sam but because she lost her father too (and her brother, in a way). So, if she never turned into a werewolf, perhaps Harry wouldn't have had a heartattack in shock. I agree with lacuna scion that Leah probably would have gotten over Sam much easier/quicker if she didn't have to constantly be inside of his head.

I really don't know what job she would have taken, I could see her as a kick-butt lawyer or business women. I think she has good leadership skills, so anything where she could utilize them.

Posts: 7
Image
dawn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:41 pm
Location: USA

Re: Team Leah "insert witty quote here"

Postby copper curls » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:33 pm

dawn wrote:I really don't know what job she would have taken, I could see her as a kick-butt lawyer or business women. I think she has good leadership skills, so anything where she could utilize them.


I like the idea of Leah as a professional, no nonsense business women. She could wear powers suits and stuff. :lol:
I actually have this idea that she might want to be a divorce lawyer... feminine empowerment and all that.

I came across another interesting idea, from dawn and lacuna scion...

dawn wrote:I agree with lacuna scion that Leah probably would have gotten over Sam much easier/quicker if she didn't have to constantly be inside of his head.


^ I'm not saying you're wrong, either of you, I just don't quite understand what you mean... wouldn't it have been easier for Leah to an extent, to finally understand at least some of the reasons behind the betrayal and heartbreak?
I don't mean that she would have enjoyed being inn Sam's head, but that she would have been glad for some sort of explanation.

Do you mean that Leah wouldn't have to feel Sam's regret, mixed with continuing love for Emily? or am I totally off base here?
this is an interesting idea, so I'd love if anyone could elaborate on this...

thanks!
~ Kat

PC: 5

P.S. Jo, congrats on your promotion! woot woot!
Image
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
User avatar
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:03 pm
Location: Playing Thunderball

PreviousNext

Return to In the Twilight Zone

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron