Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Post by Dovrebanen »

JenTheWriter wrote: Renesmee's is half Bella, even having her eyes. If anything just that fact alone would have Edward sticking around to raise his daughter.
I think seeing Bella's beautiful chocolate eyes in Renesmee every day will convince him that he has made the right choice by staying alive for his daughter. He will know that Bella wanted him and Renesmee to have a happy life together. It would be hard on him, but I think in time he could be somewhat happy again.

Diane, I agree that Edward might not be so welcoming towards Jacob's imprinting. I know I wasn't...But still, I think he would have stayed where his family was. First of all because he wouldn't have a clue as to how to care for a baby. I think even someone as brilliant as Edward would have some difficulties :D And second because he would want Renesmee to get to know their family. I agree that Bella would have a very important place in their lives. I think he would spend a lot of time telling Renesmee about her mother.

Gosh, this conversation has taken a sad turn, hasn't it?
Okay, first of all: Hey, Derek. Nice that you stopped by!. And yes, I feel like I live on the Lex too. Current address: Rob's Halfway House and Team Edward :lol:

Second...I'm sure this has been covered before. But I want to know, so...
Why are you guys Team Edward? What is about him that makes him so special for you? And please, if you want to, go on and on about this perfect man :D
Last edited by Dovrebanen on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Diane, I agree that Edward might not be so welcoming towards Jacob's imprinting. I know I wasn't...But still, I think he would have stayed where his family was. First of all because he wouldn't have a clue as to how to care for a baby. I think even someone as brilliant as Edward would have some difficulties And second because he would want Renesmee to get to know their family. I agree that Bella would have a very important place in their lives. I think he would spend a lot of time telling Renesmee about her mother.
I agree with everything you are saying, but if Jacob did still imprint on Renesmee I don't think that he would stay and it could get ugly. I know he would have his family for support which would be great, but as far as Charlie and Renee she would never know that she is their grandchild. I didn't like Jacob imprinting either on Renesmee and when Nehal stayed with them at the end of the book you get the impression that Jacob had some competition and I do think that would be more excettable to Edward and Bella too.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Why are you guys Team Edward? What is about him that makes him so special for you? His old-fashioned gentility. How many guys now a days are saving their virtue? Very, very few. I think that is what really makes me over-the-top about him is his values as a person, it reminds me of a modern-day Austen hero.
Last edited by debussygirl on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Hello Derek! And welcome to Team Edward!

Dovrebanen -- wow that was really put beautifully. I almost teared up, but couldn't because I have my mascara on for work. lol Priorities, you know.

Why are you guys Team Edward? What is about him that makes him so special for you?

Why not be Team Edward? Kidding. Okay, lemme start with the flip side of this question and state why I'm not Team Jacob. Simply put: he's a teenaged boy. He has all the ragging horomones, short temper, demanding-self-righteous attitude that a lot of them have. He hasn't any charm, bravery or gentleness about him. He's brunt, forceful and pushy. I didn't like it when he forced Bella into a kiss the first time around and bragged about how she liked it when it was obvious she hadn't, nor did I like the emotional blackmail second kiss. It was disgusting. Jacob has never once been graceful, diplomatic nor has he put Bella's feelings above his own. Sure, in BD he did but Edward had already "won" at that point.

I'm sure if Edward was a 16-17 year old boy he'd have some of these same annoying qualities. However, it was pointed out several times through the series that basically you freeze as you are when you're turned. I'm sure the ensuing 90 years helped find tune him into the man he now, but there was something of the guy he is now back then. He's kind, charming, funny, chivalrous, tortured, self-reliant, sweet, strong, brave ... I can keep going. He is the epitome of what I find attractive in a man and would love to find.

I'm not sure I covered why I find him so special. Perhaps I have. He's ... the perfect guy. And the sad thing is you ain't ever gonna find that outside of a book. If you do he's already taken. Dammit.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

debussygirl wrote:Why are you guys Team Edward? What is about him that makes him so special for you? His old-fashioned gentility. How many guys now a days are saving their virtue? Very, very few. I think that is what really makes me over-the-top about him is his values as a person, it reminds me of a modern-day Austen hero.
My name is Diane not Team Edward. I read the book, the book is about a love story, about a vampire Edward and a human, Bella. I love romance and Edward is the hero. so why must you stereotype anyone who loves Edward and see him as a character you could fall in love with, and you see him as someone old fashion. History always repeats its self. and maybe getting people to read more, and like the values that a character Edward, there would be fewer teen pregnancy and fewer divources. Somehow between 1960 to now, things are getting really crazy and people are a me- me society, in Edwards time it wasn't like that, people were selfless in that era they had to work together to build a nation. So Edward draws a lot of women in who love men who treat them with all their love, and would do anything for them. So if that makes me a Team Edward, then I am proud to be one.
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Why are you guys Team Edward? What is about him that makes him so special for you?

For me, its partly because I don't like Jacob that much. Jacob is a teenage boy. He still has some learning to do (i.e. if a girl doesn't like you and has made a point of letting you know [more than once] then stop trying to get her to like you...and you certainly DON'T make her kiss you.) He is also very annoying. Now, instead of going on and on about that...let's turn to Edward. Edward is old fashioned. He knows his place and stays in it. Unlike most men today he thinks about his girl (aka Bella), and puts her needs before his unless it is not the best thing for her (or at least what he thinks is best for her). He's selfless and when he says he loves someone, he means it. Its not just a sentiment that get's thrown around like now. (i.e. I know teenagers [specifically Freshman, 14-15 year olds] that say they are 'in love'.) He thinks things through and tries to do his best. He is romantic in ways that women actually find romantic. So, in conclusion to this rambling, he is selfless, wise beyond his (human) years, romantic, old fashion, and even though I didn't already mention it...good looking.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Why are you guys Team Edward? What is about him that makes him so special for you? I agree with pretty much everything that has been said. Especially what an awesome, sweet, unselfish gentleman he is. Seriously more guys need to be like him in that regard and treat the woman the love with respect and as a lady. I know some women don't want to have doors opened for them, and what not because they want to be independent, but I like it. He always has good manners and treats Bella like a man should treat a woman. And also because he's not like most teenage boys that you see today. He's not immature, and doesn't constantly think of himself (coughJacobcough). Most teenage boys today (even when I was a teenger) bugged me and I find it so refreshing to see that a 17 year old boy could have the qualities that he has. I will stop rambling now, I LOVE Edward and hope to find someone that's even half the man that he is.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

pennybug84 wrote:Why are you guys Team Edward? What is about him that makes him so special for you? I agree with pretty much everything that has been said. Especially what an awesome, sweet, unselfish gentleman he is. Seriously more guys need to be like him in that regard and treat the woman the love with respect and as a lady. I know some women don't want to have doors opened for them, and what not because they want to be independent, but I like it. He always has good manners and treats Bella like a man should treat a woman. And also because he's not like most teenage boys that you see today. He's not immature, and doesn't constantly think of himself (coughJacobcough). Most teenage boys today (even when I was a teenger) bugged me and I find it so refreshing to see that a 17 year old boy could have the qualities that he has. I will stop rambling now, I LOVE Edward and hope to find someone that's even half the man that he is.
Did you read my post, you are the one with the labels, I love Edward and that is that, if you care to label me that's fine, but why ask, when what you said in your post says it all ? :?: Is there something else besides being incredibly sexy that I need to add? :D
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

JenTheWriter wrote: Dovrebanen -- wow that was really put beautifully. I almost teared up, but couldn't because I have my mascara on for work. lol Priorities, you know.
Aw, thank you. It just got so sad, thinking about it. I'm glad we got the happily ever after.

Diane, not sure what you mean about the labelling? Since we're on Team Edward, I just put that in the question. Since being Team Edward mostly means not being Team Jacob (or is it Taycob?), it gives the opportunity to answer based on that as well. But I didn't intend to label anyone, but myself. I have Team Edward written all over me, might as well have a sticker in my forehead :lol:
Okay...When I first got on the Lex, I was actually quite shocked that there was a Team Jacob/Taycob. I was thinking to myself, how is that possible? Twilight is the lovestory between Edward and Bella. I could never see it as anything else than that. Jacob started out as minor character, and even though he developed and became more important, there is just no way in h**l I would ever want Bella to end up with him. He is so much a boy. He is moody, he sulks when he doesn't get what he wants, he plays on Bella's feelings for him, and the kid just doesn't take no for an answer. The way he felt that he had the right to kiss her, while she said no, and she was with Edward, and he had the nerve to brag about it later. He was a good friend for parts of NM. But he couldn't be just that, and he should have been able to if he was her friend.

Moving on to the man in question: Edward is everything you can want in a man. And I agree, Jen, I think we see alot of the 1918 Edward in the man that he is today. Of course he has learned so much over the years, and he has become so brilliant, but I think the chivalry and the manners, and the way he is so fiercely protective was in him right from the start. He knows how to treat a lady. He is so purely selfless that it almost scares me. The way he left for her sake in NM, knowing that it would break himself. He loves with everything he has, and he will never let go off that love.
I read somewhere someone saying that Edward is all boring and serious. I couldn't disagree more. I find him to be actually a fun guy, just not in the teen age boy kind of way. The way he tackles Bella in her room. That shows how playful he can be.
I have to stop now, before this post turns into a book :lol: Edward is the perfect man and gentleman.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Diane -- gotta say, unless I read it wrong, your last few posts seemed a touch confrontational and I doubt the people you responded to meant any offense. I agree we all have names, but as we are all posting under "Team Edward" that means we've "chosen a side" and therefore are members of a team. The question simply asked what made us "Team Edward," not implying that you've somehow lost your identity and you are from here forward known use just TE and not Diane.

Dovrebanen -- our thoughts on Edward are on the same page. It's almost scary. lol However, I wasn't surprised there were Jacob/Taycob fans, because with every "supercouple" there are people who like the underdog and find fantasy pairings where there are none. For instance, Hermione/Harry from HP (sorry H/H fans). They had/have a huge following. While saying that ... I'm, sadly, not a super huge Bella fan. Maybe if she had grown up and out of that whiney teenager phase I could've found some love for her. Don't get me wrong, I like the character okay, but I'm Edward all the way. And if Edward had found happiness with a rock I would've been an Edward/rock fan. lol Okay, maybe not a rock. But if he had woken up one morning and said, "Man, I'm in love with Rose/Alice/Angela/Lauren/Jessica," I would've been like ... weird, but okay! I'm probably one of the very few who isn't a huge Bella fan.

Please ... no tossing of rotten or ripe fruit because I've said that. *ducks just in case*
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!