A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Cult

Post by Dorito »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?
He should have at least called and said he didn't want to see her again or something. Obviously we know the recepient grows quite irritated with such persistent attempts at communication. Lying would have at least be better than nothing but her imagination running wild.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
Definitely changed. Bella's interests not in mind, only Sam's.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?
Both, though a bit more of Billy's thoughts. She's playing with his feelings on the breaking up part. Though she had to take it to another level to try and get something out of him.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?
Victoria
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?
I think he should have gotten a message to her. It would have helped out in the process of getting over Edward. She could have turned to Mike.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Did you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
I thought he had Bella’s best interest. I was like whatever with the new appearance. I wasn’t surprised. He was already changing. The biggest surprise was probably the hair.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?
She was sincere. She always told him the truth. She never lead him on. I think they went to the next step without realizing it, and that’s why bell asked if he was breaking up with her. It was the only feeling you could get out. He was leaving her. Edward has done the same thing. She was terrified that it was happening all over again.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?
Gut instinct. It was Jasper. He came back for some ungodly reason, but it wasn’t for Bella’s sake. I think he knew that something was still out there for Bella and he felt like he owed it to her to protect her. And he was really the only one who could not listen to Edward without worry.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

He should have called her or something. Just to let her know that he was ok, and possibly making up some story as to why he couldn't see her anymore. He knew how worried she must be, and that she was still a mess after Edward. She didn't deserve to through it again.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
No, I didn't think he was frightening. Just changed. I believed that he wanted the best for Bella.

I think Bella was sincere. She told him that she didn't feel that same way about him that he did for ever, and that she doubted that she would ever be able to feel anything like that ever again. Of course Jacob was somewhat lead on, but he kind of brought that on himself by holding her hand etc. I think she used the term breaking up, because it was no ordinary friendship that ended. She felt so connected to Jacob, even if she didn't have romantic feelings for him.

I did not think it was Victoria. Why would she tap the window? She would want to move as quietly as possible. I was sure it wasn't Edward. He wouldn't have scared her half to death by tapping her window in the dark. I thought it might be Jake, but I was a bit unsure as to how he was able to tap a window high up on the wall...
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

He should have tried to get a message to her sooner. More really than anyone else, Jacob knew how bad she was suffering before he came along; he had to know she would have been twice as bad with him gone. It was cruel and unnecessary for him to wait around like he did - at the least, he could have used the time he did leave her hanging to think of a more kind way of pushing her away.

I wasn't frightened until Edward's voice came. The danger didn't seem to ring clear until then - he was Jacob, or course he wasn't going to hurt her. But Edward doesn't speak for no reason. There was a danger, and it all seemed much more serious from then. I do think Jacob had his idea of Bella's best interests in mind - just like Edward did when he left.

Billy was way out of order saying what he did. She was sincere in her feelings and told Jacob the same - it wasn't like he never knew how she felt. Even in the woods she told him she might change her mind - not that she had. I don't think she played him at all. She was always honest.

I thought it was Victoria for a mad moment. Just scaring her before the real torture started. But it didn't take me too long to realise she wouldn't waste time scratching at a window.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner? I wish he would have tried to get the message to her sooner but I guess he believed Sam and was scared he would hurt her if he saw her.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind? I couldn't understand why he was hurting her like this so I was mad at him but I wasn't really scared of him until Edwards voice told her to back off.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings? She was honest with Jacob from the beginning. She needed him to make the pain go away so she was using him in that sense but they became friends. She did become to dependent on him tho. But Jake knew all this. So to use it as a reason to stop talking to her didn't make since.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together? When she first realized there was someone at the window I thought it was Jacob. Then she got all scared and I thought it was Victoria.
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

No, he was being mean and Bella had already lost one person she loved and he knew it.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Do you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
Umm...I was like mmm Jacob *blush* and no not really.

Well kinda, she did know how he felt about her so yeah she was.

I think it was Jake
**Kathryn**
AmandaHeartsTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by AmandaHeartsTwilight »

I think he could have at least picked up the phone and told her not to worry. Maybe even made up an excuse ( a white lie, if you will) to ease Bella's worries. But I'm not going to hold a grudge against him. He was trying his best to do what he thought was right, and the fact that he tried is good enough.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Do you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?

Not exactly.... my first thought was "Mmmmmm.....Jacob Black. Yum." lol

In a way she was leading him on, but I don't think she was doing it intentionally. I think she was just trying to recover from losing Edward, and was clinging onto Jacob so that she was sure he wouldn't leave her.

I think it was probably Jake. He says later on that he guards her house at night, so maybe he tapped her window.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Jacob was not being very considerate by ignoring Bella. I understand that he was confused, scared, and under orders from Sam, but he could have at least sent her a message that let her know some things were going down he couldn't talk about right now, and that he'd see her when he had things figured out.

My first impression of the new Jacob was awe! His sheer size and strength compared to before was amazing. I did not think he was frightrening at all. I thought he would make a great protector for Bella in Edward's absence. I worried that she might fall for him considering his new found maturity. I also believe he had Bella's best interest at heart. He was afraid he would hurt her if he accidentally phased near her. However, he was also a little self-serving because he was afraid she would not accept him anymore if she knew his secret..

Bella was always up front with Jacob about her feelings. She never promised him anything but friendship. In general, we all use the term "Breaking up" when a relationship/friendship ends. Billy was way off base.

I truly thought it might be Victoria. I was scared to death for Bella! I didn't even consider it was Jacob.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Well, Jacob didn't really have a choice about what to do about Bella -- he was a new wolf & his Alpha gave him an order. He couldn't think about a plan to tell Bella until he was away from Sam. He didn't have a choice & I think he probably went to Bella as soon as he could.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Did you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?

I didn't like new, short hair Jacob. He was not the same kid who helped Bella. I didn't think he was scary; just rude. I thought his new friends were a negative influence.

Bella may have led Jake on a bit; but it wasn't intentional. Bella was tru to her feelings the whole time & she did tell Jacob she still loved Edward.

I didn't think it was Edward -- I can't remember having any specific thought about who it might be.

Image Image Image
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i was mad at him. but only for a while. its hard to hold a grudge aganist jacob. i thought he should have given bella a clue before.

i was like "NOOO" where did jacob go??? i was sad... not mad.. just sad.. :cry:

i think bella did the right thing... end o story...

i thought for sure it was victoria!! i was freaking out! (i do that a lot) i was scared for charlie too! i couldnt read fast enough!!!
Betting on Alice.