Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Umm...hello, Team Edward,

I just read the invite Major Eva gave to Team Edward and I understand why the complaints came up, and feel that they were warranted. The way it was phrased made it seem as though Team Edward didn't have a choice in the matter and that we were just going to barge in and make you fight us. So to clarify, Team Jasper is only OFFERING to have a battle for the fun of it. If anyone says that they don't want to play-fight with us, which I'm guessing you don't since this team is purely discussion, it is perfectly fine. We're all sorry for the misunderstanding. Just say the word and we'll get out of your hair.

Sorry again,
-Major Veronica Ricci
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Umm...hello, Team Edward,

I just read the invite Major Eva gave to Team Edward and I understand why the complaints came up, and feel that they were warranted. The way it was phrased made it seem as though Team Edward didn't have a choice in the matter and that we were just going to barge in and make you fight us. So to clarify, Team Jasper is only OFFERING to have a battle for the fun of it. If anyone says that they don't want to play-fight with us, which I'm guessing you don't since this team is purely discussion, it is perfectly fine. We're all sorry for the misunderstanding. Just say the word and we'll get out of your hair.

Sorry again,
-Major Veronica Ricci
Just go away
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

debussygirl wrote:Oh okay.
New question maybe?
What do you think was Edward's relationship with his father?

I would imagine that he had a good relationship with his human father. I would like to believe his dad took him to baseball games, had father/son type talks - you know, the general stuff. He spoke highly of his mom, I think, in MS, but I would say he had a good life growing up until the Spanish Influenza took all of that away.
That's how I see it. *shrugs*
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Umm...hello, Team Edward,

Sorry again,
-Major Veronica Ricci
Thanks for the apology. I myself am not mad at Jasper's Army, I realize that whoever it was that wrote the initial post wasn't expressing the team's view of an invitation. But either way, we wouldn't really be interested.

Sorry for the lame question guys. It was the first thing I could think of that we hadn't already done.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

navarre wrote:
debussygirl wrote:Oh okay.
New question maybe?

I would imagine that he had a good relationship with his human father. I would like to believe his dad took him to baseball games, had father/son type talks - you know, the general stuff. He spoke highly of his mom, I think, in MS, but I would say he had a good life growing up until the Spanish Influenza took all of that away.
That's how I see it. *shrugs*
So would I, Someone must have taught him how to treat a women, but his dad is not mentioned so it is a mystery about him but I do know that Edward and his mom where close. From what I gathered wasn't his mom begging Carlisle to save him and that was the reason why Carlisle changed him? Help me out here some how I got that impression or read it. :)
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^Yes, Elizabeth did ask Carlisle to "save him"
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Good Afternoon Team Edward! I want to answer the question, but my brain is dead from a really late night and a too early morning. I would have to say I agree with Navarre about Edward's relationship with his human father. I'm sure he rebelled at some point, most teenage boys do with their father's at one point. It would be interesting to know/read about.

Is it me or is the mood around here a little too tense?
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

JenTheWriter wrote:Good Afternoon Team Edward! I want to answer the question, but my brain is dead from a really late night and a too early morning. I would have to say I agree with Navarre about Edward's relationship with his human father. I'm sure he rebelled at some point, most teenage boys do with their father's at one point. It would be interesting to know/read about.

Is it me or is the mood around here a little too tense?

No tension here anyone else?? I don't see Edward as rebelling, didn't he say he was joining the army before he got sick? Bella kept a lot of her personaliy when she changed and most of the Cullens did, so I see Edward as a hard working young man wanting to get ahead in the world. But since he waw turned so young its hard to say what he would have done.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

What do you think was Edward's relationship with his father? Well we don't know too much about his father. But since he kept his personality & what not when he changed I would think that as long as he got along with him they probably had a close relationship. And since back then they respected their parents & elders (definitely more than most teenagers seem to now days) I think he respected him.
JenTheWriter wrote:Is it me or is the mood around here a little too tense?
Okay to try & liven it up some. What is your favorite funny Edward moment? Since it just came to my mind I will have to think about it myself for a while and come back with an answer.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Naureen - Thanks for the apology :) It's just not something for Team Edward, I think.
I actually don't think they were very close. Simply based on the time he grew up in. I think fathers of that time were more distant. I am sure they loved each other, but not that they would talk much about emotional things. I see him as having deep respect for his father. I also think that his father did not approve of Edward wanting to join the war. So I see a distant father, but who still loved his son. And maybe he had difficulties showing that he did.

What is your favorite funny Edward moment?
Good question. I love him when Bella visits his house for the first time, and she says that she's not scared of him. And he tackles her on his bed. He is just so playful right there. I also love it when he says that she killed her stereo :D
Other than that, it's just the little things. Comments he makes...
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~