Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edwardsangel96
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by edwardsangel96 »

I'm hoping that we get to see more romanceand love scenes than phasing scenes. I'm hoping that we don't see 2 hours of CGI wolfe and 10 minutes of Edwards return and Volterra. I will be dissapointed if they don't show the deepening of Edward and Bella's love for each other, after his return.
Kasumi
Settled in Forks

Post by Kasumi »

Well, New Moon is a real turning point for the story so there's lots of things that can go wrong. My main issue is that they might not bring out the emotion in the scenes well enough. Especially whenever Bella shows how she suffers when Edward is gone. I hope Kristen Stewart is up to it...

There's also the bad CG animation probability for the wolves. They made it big with Twilight, they better put the money to good use. If it comes out looking like something from Runescape, somebody's gonna pay.

And I hope I don't see weird makeup on vampires again too. In some scenes in Twilight, they'd have red lips. That was rather distracting....
- under construction -
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

My opinion changed after I saw the trailer.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Well after seeing the trailer and pictures. I think they are doing good except the phasing part at least the one on the trailer looks like a stuffed dog, so I hope that they can clean that up, and the birthday scene was great ! So I am sure it will be Great and can't wait till it comes out. :)
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

Kasumi wrote: If it comes out looking like something from Runescape, somebody's gonna pay.
that made me laugh/smile. i was thinking more WOW myself. also ditto on the red lips, reminds to much of Dune.
Ms.BelleFlanders
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ms.BelleFlanders »

Well, I'm not really close to anything related to NM but last week I end up watching the teaser and became really converned about the movie because:
1- Bella's face when she says "Kiss me" is way tooooo sexy (And Bella is not the sexy type at all)
2 - Bella & Edward kiss is cold like an iceberg (If Catherine directed NM this would never happen!)
3 - Kirsten saying "paper cut" looks likes an idiot explanation for something clearly obvious (A girl cutting her finger while opening a present WRAPPED IN PAPER!!!)

But it's not over, there are good points too:

JACOB!!!

No convern about Jacob and the wolves.
He looks perfect like always!!!! :gasp: 8-)
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

^^
I agree with all the points, but I thought the Kiss was jsut placed before the birthday party for the trailer, I assumed that it was the 'cold kiss' that edward gives her after Jasper has attacked and she asks him to do it.
maybe I'm wrong, this is just what I assumed from watching the clip
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

love_is_noise wrote:^^
I agree with all the points, but I thought the Kiss was jsut placed before the birthday party for the trailer, I assumed that it was the 'cold kiss' that edward gives her after Jasper has attacked and she asks him to do it.
^^ yeas I think it is after the b-day party when they kissed. It looks late and he drove her home after the party. I didn't look close enough, can you tell if her arm was bandaged?
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

switzgal wrote:
^^ yeas I think it is after the b-day party when they kissed. It looks late and he drove her home after the party. I didn't look close enough, can you tell if her arm was bandaged?
I think it was after the birthday party too. It seems that way when he looks at her. He does not have a happy face. I can't see her arm either, though.
But that's not supposed to be a "cold kiss", is it? In the book it is slow at first (very Edwardly), but then he becomes more urgent and desperate, and he doesn't stop when her she starts to bring too much enthusiasm into the kiss, like he normally does. So it's supposed to be a really intense kiss. What she later realizes was similar to the goodbye kiss in Twilight.
Anway, I think we haven't seen the full kiss in the trailer. I think..or hope...that we just saw the start of it, and that it will develop into something more where we can really see the desperation in Edward. When I read it in the book I got the feeling that he wanted to taste her as much as he could and save the memories, before he had to leave her. Because I think the thought of leaving entered his mind fairly immidiately after the incident.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Ms.BelleFlanders
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ms.BelleFlanders »

Dovrebanen wrote:
switzgal wrote:
I think it was after the birthday party too. It seems that way when he looks at her. He does not have a happy face. I can't see her arm either, though.
But that's not supposed to be a "cold kiss", is it? In the book it is slow at first (very Edwardly), but then he becomes more urgent and desperate, and he doesn't stop when her she starts to bring too much enthusiasm into the kiss, like he normally does. So it's supposed to be a really intense kiss. What she later realizes was similar to the goodbye kiss in Twilight.
Anway, I think we haven't seen the full kiss in the trailer. I think..or hope...that we just saw the start of it, and that it will develop into something more where we can really see the desperation in Edward. When I read it in the book I got the feeling that he wanted to taste her as much as he could and save the memories, before he had to leave her. Because I think the thought of leaving entered his mind fairly immidiately after the incident.
All this thoughts made me feel better! Thanks!
I didn't think about that before. The kiss might be after the party! I am not sure, but I kinda remember in Twilight when Bella left Charlie's house, the truck headed the left side of the screen (and in the teaser the truck arrives coming from the left side of the screen)