Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
myjacob_lily22
Settled in Forks

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by myjacob_lily22 »

i love emmett. :mrgreen: hes such a warm cuddly bear lol
i mean hes this guy who nice, funny and makes jokes all the time but then if he needs to, he can fight and protect his family.

its really unfortuante that there isn't much of him in the books. :( i mean jasper (awesome guy :) ) got his story, rosalie did, alice sort of did, poor emmett didn't

i love rosalie and emmett together. i feel like they're prefect for each other.
ImageImageImage
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I find it funny that Rose and Emmett are complete opposites.

Emmett is warm (not in the literal sense), inviting, and funny.

Rose is more cold, selfish, and I don't find her to have much of a sense of humor.

And yet... they complete each other. Like Rosalie said once "I need him, and he needs me too." Or something like that anyway. You get the point. They are perfect for each other and that's all that matters. :D
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

I actually think Rosalie and Emmett make perfect sense in a weird sort of way. They remind me alot of the very typical fun-loving frat guy and his rhymes with witch cheerleader girlfriend. You know, everyone loves the guy and goes "man, she's hot but WHY is he with her?!" What I think makes their relationship just as valid as the others is what they must see in each other, rather than what everyone else sees. It makes me think of this couple I read about in a story, where the guy was kind of an donkeybutt and everyone was like "WHY do you bother with this jerk?" The girl explains that how he is with everyone else isn't how he is with her, and she sees a side of him that he doesn't show to the rest of the world. I think that's what holds them together. Emmett is very extroverted; everyone sees what's so wonderful about him and why Rosalie loves him. Rosalie, given her bitterness, is by nature a very introverted person. Her beauty has resulted in no one looking past her face, and her rape made her distrustful of people. I think that she shows Emmett something that she refuses to show anyone else, and whatever that is must be enough for him.

Post edited by moderator to remove words the profanity filter did not catch. Please remember we are a PG13 site. Keep language appropriate. ~BHG
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

LinkinParkMcCullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by LinkinParkMcCullen »

Emmett and Rosalie's realationship is definitly the most physical of all the Cullen realationships.But it does seem to go deeper than that. If they didn't care for each other I don't think a person like Rosalie could have dealed with a person like Emmett for so long.
ImageImage
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

LinkinParkMcCullen wrote:Emmett and Rosalie's realationship is definitly the most physical of all the Cullen realationships.But it does seem to go deeper than that. If they didn't care for each other I don't think a person like Rosalie could have dealed with a person like Emmett for so long.
I agree that it was the msot physical relationship but I really don';t know about it being emotional!
I sure it mush have been to some dgree but it didn't seem as deep as Edwards and Bellas or Jaspers and Alices!
I'm not sure why either!

Any ideas?
ImageEdward Cullen
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

BuffytheVampireLover wrote:I actually think Rosalie and Emmett make perfect sense in a weird sort of way. They remind me alot of the very typical fun-loving frat guy and his rhymes with witch cheerleader girlfriend. You know, everyone loves the guy and goes "man, she's hot but WHY is he with her?!" What I think makes their relationship just as valid as the others is what they must see in each other, rather than what everyone else sees. It makes me think of this couple I read about in a story, where the guy was kind of an donkeybutt and everyone was like "WHY do you bother with this jerk?" The girl explains that how he is with everyone else isn't how he is with her, and she sees a side of him that he doesn't show to the rest of the world. I think that's what holds them together. Emmett is very extroverted; everyone sees what's so wonderful about him and why Rosalie loves him. Rosalie, given her bitterness, is by nature a very introverted person. Her beauty has resulted in no one looking past her face, and her rape made her distrustful of people. I think that she shows Emmett something that she refuses to show anyone else, and whatever that is must be enough for him.
I agree! They see deeper into each other than the public's eye.
I think they're quite a cute couple, not as cute as E&B or A&J, but cute none-the-less.
They are complete polar-opposites but that's why they work so well together..like people always say: opposites attract!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

BuffytheVampireLover wrote:I actually think Rosalie and Emmett make perfect sense in a weird sort of way. They remind me alot of the very typical fun-loving frat guy and his rhymes with witch cheerleader girlfriend. You know, everyone loves the guy and goes "man, she's hot but WHY is he with her?!" What I think makes their relationship just as valid as the others is what they must see in each other, rather than what everyone else sees. It makes me think of this couple I read about in a story, where the guy was kind of an donkeybutt and everyone was like "WHY do you bother with this jerk?" The girl explains that how he is with everyone else isn't how he is with her, and she sees a side of him that he doesn't show to the rest of the world. I think that's what holds them together. Emmett is very extroverted; everyone sees what's so wonderful about him and why Rosalie loves him. Rosalie, given her bitterness, is by nature a very introverted person. Her beauty has resulted in no one looking past her face, and her rape made her distrustful of people. I think that she shows Emmett something that she refuses to show anyone else, and whatever that is must be enough for him.
this is exactly how i feel. i really really like rosalie and emmetts relationship. its physical, and yet, in a way, its so deep. they both balance eachother out, and love eachother for who the other one is. they see something in one another which no one else seems to see, and its so amazing. their relationship is so much more complex than a lot of people give them credit for.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
FlamingRedFox
Settled in Forks
Location: Lost in the woods, trying to find that dang meadow that started it all.

Post by FlamingRedFox »

This is very much along the lines of my own opinion. Rosalie and Emmett's relationship seems rather superficial and very physical because that's how they appear to the general public. Rosalie is all about show and image and instant self-gratification. Everyone sees her exactly how she wants to be seen, except for Emmett. Emmett is the only one with the ability to break down all the bitter walls Rose eagerly throws up. In public most of the time she acts much colder than she really is, keeping in touch with the stereotype she painted for herself. If you put Emmett and Rose in a room together with absolutely no one else around, Emmett's jolly good nature is probably enough to crack all her resistence. She wants to be loved, and he's there to love her. The only other person within the books that's probably seen the softer side of Rose that Emmett does is Renesmee, because Rose just doesn't like to open up in public.

Their relationship seems superficial because that's how Rose probably wants it to be seen and Emmett plays along to make her happy. Emmett's efforts are obviously well rewarded, else they wouldn't have destroyed so many houses. >.> Rosalie is the type that does much better in a one-on-on setting (as is evident in the time and place she chose to tell Bella her story), and Emmett is the only one that ever gets her completely alone on a fairly daily basis. If it wasn't for that alone time that we never get to see, I highly doubt Rose would continue to be the one always staring tensely out the window whenever the boys are away from home. She visibly relaxes whenever Emmett's around, which is more likely than not a subconscious action as well.

Meh, this is kind of one sided from Rosalie's PoV, but I've got a better grasp on her character than I do Emmett's, surprisingly. I also think that the key to understanding the depth of their relationship is in understanding Rose's personality. Emmett's open and easy to read all the time, the exact opposite (as has been stated many times) of Rose's closed off, negative appearance when in public. Take Rose out of a public setting and you more than likely have a much more open character, someone more easily relatable to Emmett.

Eh, that's all just my opinion based on the infereces I made when reading the books. I tend to pay closer attention to minor characters than I do the main ones. I <3 Rosalie and Emmett's relationship, partly because we get so little information on either character compared to the rest of the Cullen Family. ^.^;;
*points at avatar* Do I like the werewolves better, or do I just see the practicality in Edwards sparkly skin?

Lucid - What happens when Rosalie is given the chance to see Vera one last time, after more than seventy years of being a vampire? Closure.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Now being the Emmett lover that I am, I wonder how people can put a definition on Emmett and Rose's relationship.

I agree that they are in love with each other (maybe Emmett more than Rose) but it's love none the less.

I feel that Rose would give up everything to have a child even Emmett and her family. I find that a little selfish. I belive that Emmett would walk through fire for her but I don't think that she would do the same for him. Yes she loves him but I don't think she really loves him.

I come to this conclusion because she said that the only reason she saved him was because he reminded her of the kid that her friend had. Now, if she came upon Emmett with blonde locks, would she have thought twice about saving him? I don't think so.

Yes, she may love Emmett, I think that she's really in love with him and the sad part is that Emmett knows that if she was given her human life back and to never have known her vampire life then she would do it.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I agree with what being said above.

I finished re-reading New Moon again last night and in the 'voting' chapter I once felt extremly sorry for Emmet. When Rosalie points out that 'she wished someone voted no for her'. I felt sorry for Emmet and Carlisle who took the decision to change her, and Esme who loves her as a mom. Rosalie declares that she would do anything to not be a vampire, even if that means she has to give up Emmet.
Maybe that's why Emmet is quit cool about Bella from the beginning, handles it to the others in a big bad joke? Because he's jealous of Edward and Bella? But in a totally different way that Rosalie is?
I think Emmet loves Rosalie above everything and I think Rosalie loves Emmet too, but only because he is a vampire and so is she. I don't think she would ever have loved Emmet when they were both humans, which might make their relationship more of a 'thinking one' then a 'feeling one', and maybe less pure, but not less real. If that makes sense.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!