Not Big, Not Small either

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Not Big, Not Small either

Post by addictedbooklover »

I think I'm about the right weight for my height, even though my brother keeps calling me fat. The Nintendo Wii keeps telling me I should weigh about 10 more kilos than I actually do. Plus one of my friends said she weighs the same, which makes me happy because she's around my height.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Im 6 foot. *Ssigh* Good for sports. Ive been the tallest out of my friends/class ever since I was a wee tot.
And I guess im normal-ish size for my height? im 86kg - dunno how many pounds that is,
I have size 10-11 (NZ sizing) footsies.. which is like, quite big for a ladie
my hands are a little smaller than my fathers - which means i have big hands, or he has small ones. :lol:
I have wide shoulders yada yada, and all that fluff that goes along with having a large frame.
So im basically a giant. I could never squeeze into small sizes even if I lost a tonne of weight because of, again, my bone structure/frame whatevs.
Shirts and jeans are always too short.. I have trouble with bracelets/bangles aswell, cause a lot of them can never fit over my hand. (Some would say I have Rob hands. xD The iPhone does look somewhat miniature in my palm)
*sigh* i hate getting into peoples cars coz im always squished - not enough leg room.
And I'd like to wear heels, but i'll be taller than everyone - and most of the guys. Soo depressing.

Sometimes I get annoyed. Stupid genes!
Yeh, my brothers are both 6foot+ and my parents are tall aswell.
When someone wants something from a high shelf - it comes in handy.

All of you under 6ft - consider urself lucky.. you little...
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

I am 5'2" (ish) and known as the shorty in our group.
I am quite skinny and have very boney elbows :lol:
but my thighs have recently exploded, they're not big, but alot bigger than they used to be, they've expanded so fast that i've got stretch marks on them...stupid none elastic skin gene off my dad :x (not a good sign for pregnancy...which worries me abit)
i'm small chested...which, seen as i'm only 13(well, 14 in 2 weeks) isn't uncommon, but it is quite depressing when i'm around my friends, they are all B to D cups...one of them is an F...which is jsut crazy for her age.....and some of them are constantly talking about breast sizes....i always feel really depressed when this happens.
especially my friend sophie...she is like a goddess, about 5'4", and curvy in all the right places, she sporty so she's healthy but she's still feminine...i hate her for being so perfect :x :lol:
my family is all tall, but it doesn't look like i'm going to grow much. I do know that i'm lucky to be small and petit, but some times i wouldn't mind being curvier.
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

I'm around 5'5", not too tall, not too short in my country. Though, I would like to be taller which won't happened.
I'm about 45kg, which makes me slightly underweight. A lot of people think I diet, but I don't. I love chocolates, ice-cream and all those "sinful" food.
I'm skinny, and my wrists are really thin and this makes wearing a normal watch ugly. I always go for those bracelet watches.
I've been always small-chested which I sometimes dislike. I can't wear some nice clothings for that reason.
My feet size is quite big, I wear size 8 or 9 shoes.
My tights looks big for someone that skinny.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

^Hah, I'm about the same height and shoe size as you :lol: But I weigh more...
Jadey wrote:Ive been the tallest out of my friends/class ever since I was a wee tot.
I'm the tallest of my friends, even though I'm only 5'5! Well, I'm tall-ish for my age. Maybe it's cos my friends are short :lol:

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Okay, I'm 24 years old and only 4' 10.5" tall. No, I'm not an LP, I'm just short-statured. Nearly everyone in my family is short. Mom's 5' 2" and Dad and my brother are both about 5' 4.5". I'm not putting my weight on here, but let's just say I'm "pleasantly plump." I have curves, and I'm beginning to accept them. Well, I have curves on the top, anyway. My rear is flat, and I have hardly any hips, but I have thighs. Oh, lord, do I have thighs. Anyway, I was cursed with unusually broad shoulders for my build, thanks to my Grandmother, so when I buy shirts that fit my arms comfortably, they reach my knees because I'm so short. And I also can't wear the kind of tee shirts that are designed to stop at the top of your pants because my chest takes up a lot of fabric and then the shirt shows my middle. Unless I keep my hands glued to my sides. I have to hem all of my pants, because it's extremely difficult to find a 16 petite. Also, I'm sick of people thinking petite means tiny all over--it just means short. My hips are much wider than my waist (and yes, I do have a waist), so my pants are also always loose, because I have to buy pants a size larger to get them around my hips. Yeah, I HATE clothes shopping. NOTHING off the rack fits me right. I WISH I was a size 9--and I hate that society and the media says that unless you're a 2 or lower, you're fat.
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

I'm about 5'6, a size 5-8 in clothes, and usually a size 7-8 in shoes. I've never been obese, but I've always been closer to be unhealthily overweight than unhealthily underweight. After reading the Hunger Games I wanted to get into better shape in case someday we had to have our own hunger games (I know thats pretty much the nerdiest reason for trying to get in hsape but thats me!). I started running every other day for 30minutes and I dont know ho wmuch weight I lost (I never stepped on the scales before, they always brought my self esteem down) but I've definetly noticed that I've got some new muscles, lost some fat, and just become...tighter, I guess, in some places. Im proud of myself, but I went through puberty really early and really fast (basically it all happend my 5th grade yr so i was like, 10) and that left stretch marks on me :( which means no matter how skinny I get I wont be able to wear a bikini without feeling akward...that fact used to kill me, but then I realized how stupid the notion was and how unhealthily much I wanted to look good in a bikini. So now Im happy with the body God has gifted me with, Im taking better care of it and as a result, its serving me better. Its okay to not look like a model! You can still be beautiful! You still ARE beautiful! Now I can be proud of my body, and I love that!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

wow, never knew this thread existed.....im glad i found it! i gotta say, my grade has quite a few overweight girls at my school, but the problem is, theyre all peachy keen with it and show off their stomachs to the world, it bugs the crap outa me when fat girls let it all hang out, because it feels like they dont give a crap and theyre just dealing with it instead of changing it or at least trying to, and there are very easy ways to hide it or at least cover it up a little, thats what i do, and for some reason, hiding my overweightness has helped a ton, ive actually lost 11 pounds in about 3 months and i weigh less than i did 2 years ago, im working out about 4 days a week and i just finished with softball, which helped a lot, me and my friend are gonna do some funky workout routine this summer and hopefully thatll help me keep the weight off and lose some more, it feels good to weigh what i do now, and i know itll feel even better when i lose another maybe 10 or 15 pounds this summer = )
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

i am bella wrote:wow, never knew this thread existed.....im glad i found it! i gotta say, my grade has quite a few overweight girls at my school, but the problem is, theyre all peachy keen with it and show off their stomachs to the world, it bugs the crap outa me when fat girls let it all hang out, because it feels like they dont give a crap and theyre just dealing with it instead of changing it or at least trying to, and there are very easy ways to hide it or at least cover it up a little
Praise the Lord! A young lady who sounds like she might have a little bit of modesty! I have been teaching for 17 years, and one of the most disappointing things about girls these days - skinny or fat- is that they want to let it all hang out! I do not enjoy seeing belly floppers or butt crackers!
As for me...I have been obese since my 30's. I am now 40 and had lap band surgery back in February. So, I am on my way to a healthy size ???? I am also a short little thing...only 5 feet! I know we don't all have to be Twiggy, but it sure helps our health later on if we try to stay a normal size...and active. Take it from me girls, GET OFF THE COUCH and don't medicate yourself with food. However, don't be so consumed with your weight that you don't allow yourself to enjoy life. Your personality won't change that much if you lose weight or not. People should love you for you...not for your body type.
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

missp wrote:
i am bella wrote:wow, never knew this thread existed.....im glad i found it! i gotta say, my grade has quite a few overweight girls at my school, but the problem is, theyre all peachy keen with it and show off their stomachs to the world, it bugs the crap outa me when fat girls let it all hang out, because it feels like they dont give a crap and theyre just dealing with it instead of changing it or at least trying to, and there are very easy ways to hide it or at least cover it up a little
Praise the Lord! A young lady who sounds like she might have a little bit of modesty! I have been teaching for 17 years, and one of the most disappointing things about girls these days - skinny or fat- is that they want to let it all hang out! I do not enjoy seeing belly floppers or butt crackers!
As for me...I have been obese since my 30's. I am now 40 and had lap band surgery back in February. So, I am on my way to a healthy size ???? I am also a short little thing...only 5 feet! I know we don't all have to be Twiggy, but it sure helps our health later on if we try to stay a normal size...and active. Take it from me girls, GET OFF THE COUCH and don't medicate yourself with food. However, don't be so consumed with your weight that you don't allow yourself to enjoy life. Your personality won't change that much if you lose weight or not. People should love you for you...not for your body type.
aww, that was really inspiring! being a teacher, im sure you see a lot of different things in people, and im sure they could use some advice from you = )
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~