Strange Compliments

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tea
Settled in Forks

Re: Strange Compliments

Post by Tea »

The strangest compliment I've ever received was when I was getting my regular checkup at the dentist. The dental hygienist stopped what she was doing and exclaimed "OH MY GOSH! I LOVE YOUR NOSTRILS!" She explained how she had gotten a nose job and the doctor had done a bad job--she had wanted a nose and nostrils that looked like mine. It was nice of her to compliment me, but... NOSTRILS?! x___x
<3 zombies!
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

That's weirder than my perfect ears.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

I get some pretty strange compliments sometimes. I'm 19, but apparantly look younger according to everyone else. Apparantly I have a "baby face." They tell me I'll appreciate the compliment of looking younger than I am later, but I'm like, well it doesn't help me now. It just sucks cause most think I'm in middle school and I'm 19. I really do NOT look like I'm in middle school, that's absolutely ridiculous. I'm also very tall so that's weird for them to say. I'm at LEAST 5'7. I look like maybe a high school student, but it's soooo annoying when people say, "What grade are you in?" and I proceed to tell them I'm in college. Grrr. The strangest of all though is that older men hit on me. Including the lawnmower, who's old enough to be my grandfather. :shock: It's disgusting...
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Same thing with me. Everyone asks what grade I'm in and don't believe me when I tell them I graduated two years ago. They all tell me that I'll appreciate it when I'm older too but I'm not buying it; I don't want to look like a baby with wrinkles. I even get the older men hitting on me. What's the deal? Pedos.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

Me and my bff go to this sports restruant every Thursday with her mom to play a trivia game and the guy who used to run the game was a total skeez. Well one Thursday before trivia I had to go someplace that I had to wear a dress for (which I never do), so I wore the only dress I own, which is a short-ish black babydoll dress that's low cut. Halfway through the game the skeez comes up to our table, puts his hand on my back, and says, "You have to be the prettiest girl in here tonight," in the creepiest way possible, making my skin crawl. About 5 different people ended up complaining to the owner about him because of that, and a week later he got fired. Needless to say I was happy. ;)
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I just got told I smell like fresh homemade toast.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Since I'm a guy, it was odd when the male owner of a restaurant I was at told me that I had nice eyelashes. :shock:
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:I just got told I smell like fresh homemade toast.
That's not a bad smell. :lol:

My brother once told me I had 'guitarist's fingers' ...
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:Since I'm a guy, it was odd when the male owner of a restaurant I was at told me that I had nice eyelashes. :shock:
WOW.
:shock: :o
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

People regularly tell me they like my hair but the weirdest compliment was that I had nice earlobes!
Very random! :lol:

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com