Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Phil Dwyer

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss all the things you've wondered about Phil, Renee's husband and Bella's stepdad.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Phil Dwyer

Post by samajama »

I wish we had met Phil. I would have like to have known more about him. He is described to an extent, but I don't feel like I know him. I think he is doing well with Renee and taking care of her, so he is a good person, and I like him. Still, we barely know him. I would have liked to see him play or coach. That would have been cool. Or he could have been there when Edward and Bella visited Renne (although we barely saw any of that trip, anyway).
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I agree... we don't know Phil. We weren't able to build a relationship with him. I am glad he was with Renee, that way she had someone to take care of her. Plus that meant Bella got to go to Forks...thus a Twilight saga.
ImageImage
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I heard that Phil is a very young man. Younger that Renee. I wonder how Bella feels about the age gap?
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

BreathelessVampire wrote:I heard that Phil is a very young man. Younger that Renee. I wonder how Bella feels about the age gap?
Hmm.. I wonder, too.
I don't think she minds or she probably would have mentioned it to us. She always speaks well of Phil and how he is good for Renee and all that.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Phil seems to have a good relationship with Bella. He did give her the Linkin Park cd she owns, so we know they get along. I almost think Bella sees Phil more as a friend then her actual stepfather, maybe it's because he's younger than Renee. It could also be because Phil and Renee hadn't been married very long. I agree with everyone else, I wish we had heard more about Phil, or at least met him since he was brought up a couple times.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Did it say anywhere in Breaking Dawn whether or not Phil went to Bella's wedding? I was just curious because I don't remember...

Love,
*Wanderer*
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

*Wanderer* wrote:Did it say anywhere in Breaking Dawn whether or not Phil went to Bella's wedding? I was just curious because I don't remember...

Love,
*Wanderer*
BD pg. 74:: "The last image i registered was one of my parents. Phil had both arms wrapped tenderly around Renee."

that was from when Bella and Edward were driving away immediately after the wedding and reception...she was commenting on the diff. kinds of love she was seeing, from renee to phil to charlie...
he was there, which i guess means he was supportive of his step-daughter's decision...which says a little about his character even tho we don't really hear too much about him... ;)
~Amber
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

This is basically the only book I've read where there is a step-parent, but the character likes them and doesn't think much of it. Apart from Juno, and thats a movie.

Do you think Phil and Renee would have a child some time in the future? (Nessie would have an aunt younger than her . . . for a while, at least).
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
TheInkling
Settled in Forks

Post by TheInkling »

I thought of something interesting.

How does Phil feel about Bella going to Forks. I wonder if he feels little guilty, or if he wondered if Bella did it to get away from him. I feel a little like it shows some of Bella's apathy towards him that she doesn't once mention how he felt about her moving away. Was he part of the conversation when Bella approached her mother with the idea?