The Third Table

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Re: The Third Table

Post by Ouisa »

Yes anyone can throw a question out. But wait until a few more people have answered this one first and the conversation seems to lag. Too many active questions at one time tends to get confusing.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

What scene and from what character's perspective (other than the ones we currently have published) would you most want to read.

That is such an incredibly difficult question with so many wonderful options! Thanks to the little bit of MS we got from SM, my love of Mrs. Cope has been satisfied. I have such desperate hope that SM will finis MS.

That said, and taking everyone else's answer into consideration...I'm gonna go with Billy in EC when Jacob is brought back injured. Does he hate the vampires? How's he feeling about the Cullens before Carlisle shows up to help? Is he mad at Bella despite Jacob's love for her and his friendship with Charlie? I know how I feel when my kids get banged up even though I know the doctors are good and they will heal. It's gotta be tough to be Jacob's dad with heal issues and a mortal lifespan. What would it be like to know on of your children will live not just one lifetime, but many more? What would I be worried about teaching him if I knew I wasn't going to be around for the vast majority of his life? So many questions. I'd just like to be inside his fatherly brain for a little bit.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

What scene and from what character's perspective (other than the ones we currently have published) would you most want to read.

Just as everyone else has said, there are so many wonderful characters and it would be fascinating to be in their heads for numerous scenes. But to pick one, I would say that it would be enlightening and I think adventurous to be in Leah's head. I think to see her perspective right before her transition to werewolf through to the end of Breaking Dawn. Now, I realize this is more than just one scene, so to narrow down, I'd pick when she first changed and join the pack. However to see her struggles and inside her emotions would be incredible. She in some ways reminds me of Rosalie, they both have such inner strength and will.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I am not ready to give an answer to the question, but I have really enjoyed reading what others have said. Una, I am particular interested with the fact that you relate Leah to Rosalie. That surprises me, but I can see it. I had just never thought of it in that perspective. So, I need to think more as you all have given me a lot to think about related to these characters. (I also haven't finished MS. I held back from reading it and just started this week. It is giving a lot of insight into Edward and the other characters that I didn't expect.)
Carry on (in a Tim Gunn voice)!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

*Running and panting* Wait for me!! I have SO neglected my browsing of the topics! I have only been replying to ones that I had been notified of! I didn't read all the posts, here, so if someone mentioned ones I have (obviously, they have), I didn't steal! :lol:

So, from Edward's perspective, I don't think I can offer much more than what's been said... I know Steph said it would be too depressing, but darn it, if we can read Bella's depression, I'd like to see NM, Edward-style. It was tough reading the few days leading up to the break-up for Bella; I can only imagine how hard it was for Edward. I'd like to see the meadow scene, of course. I'd like to read BD from his perspective, too; I know we see him through Jake and Bella, but Edward keeps so much of himself inside, and I don't think it's fair! Someone mentioned that they'd like to read his thoughts when Jake remembers how Bella was after Edward left; yes, that is on my list, too. I'd like to know what was going through his fine head when Bella was trying to seduce him the night he proposed! :shock: Oh, I'd like to read what was going on in Twilight when Bella was in Phoenix, and Edward and Carlisle were behind... I want to see Edward's reactions when he realizes Bella has gone to the ballet studio! Hehehe, I'd like to know what he's thinking in BD when he's out in the ocean waiting for Bella to meet him! :oops: Surely guys are just as nervous as we are on the wedding night!

Hmm, from another character's perspective, that's a tough one; maybe Alice's visions in BD. SM leaves alot out, and that's the only thing I don't like about the first-person narrative. I would like to hear Leah's POV when she first phased. I want to know the story with Charlie, Billy, and Sue in BD! Another good one would be the time that Bella is going through her transformation; we don't get to see too much of that; what were they all doing? Of course, Edward was right there with Bella, but surely they didn't all just stand around for 3 days waiting. I think Rosalie's POV in BD would be good, too; I'd like to read how she and Bella reconciled their feelings towards each other. I'd like to hear the conversation between Charlie and Billy after Jacob ran away at the end of Eclipse. Also, I think that we'd all be interested to see how Victoria reacts to hearing that James was killed; evil as they are, they were mates, and there's no greater loss than losing one you love.
Last edited by BlueStarlight on Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SparklingDiamond
Wandering Through Town

Post by SparklingDiamond »

From Edward's perspective.... hmm...I wouldn't have even thought of the stiletto scene, but that would definitely be a good one. Mr. Prudeypant.. I love it! :)

I would love to read Edward's perspective in NM when he walked away from Bella in the woods. Until reading MS I had always imagined that it wasn't as hard for him as it was for Bella. However, after knowing the almost instantaneous depth of his love for her, I can't imagine the emotion that would pour off the page reading that.

As for other characters, I'd like to see what was going through the Volturi's minds as they waltzed up to the Cullen's and saw the mass of witnesses assembled. What do they really think of the Cullens? Did they have something else up their sleeves when they left, seemingly so easily defeated. Why didn't they put up more of a fight? I was really expecting more from them, and I'd like to know why they gave up so easily. Was all because of Bella's shield, the sheer number of onlookers, or something else?
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

What scene and from what character's perspective (other than the ones we currently have published) would you most want to read. Other than Edward's, and all the wonderful scenes I'd like to see through his eyes...

I think it would be interesting to see what Carlisle was thinking when he was stitching up Bella. I would also like to hear what he was thinking the whole time of the vote.
It might be funny to hear Jacob's thoughts during the movie outing with Bella and Mike.
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

Teak wrote:What scene and from what character's perspective (other than the ones we currently have published) would you most want to read. Other than Edward's, and all the wonderful scenes I'd like to see through his eyes...

I think it would be interesting to see what Carlisle was thinking when he was stitching up Bella. I would also like to hear what he was thinking the whole time of the vote.
It might be funny to hear Jacob's thoughts during the movie outing with Bella and Mike.
That's a good point about Carlisle, Teak. We know from MS that Edward resists blood by thinking of Carlisle (sorta a WWCD situation.) And we know that Alice resists by learning their names and all the humans that love them. I imagine that Rosalie sees her self so far above all the humans so that it would be humiliating to deign to eat them. What does Carlisle do? How does Carlisle resist so well?
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Well, as I understood it, Carlisle has finally reached the point that he feels about human blood the way Edward feels about Bella's: simply not tempted any more. What does Edward say? "Now he is all but immune to the scent of human blood." Whether this means Carlisle has become so desensitized that he literally doesn't notice it, or simply that he feels no temptation to drink it, is still not clear to me. We puzzled over this question ages ago on the old TUGMP: whether when Edward tells Bella in EC that he "got over it" he is talking about freedom from thirst or just from temptation. And in BD, Stephenie does clarify this or us (thank you Stephenie!): the scent of Bella's blood is still as horribly painful for Edward as it ever was, even if he no longer feels the slightest temptation to react to it. (Something we should have been able to deduce from his wry response when she careers into him in Volturra: "You smell just exactly the same as always...So maybe this is hell.").

But as for Carlisle, it's hard to know. Edward does after all say of him that "he is able to do the work he loves without agony." Is he only referring to the psychological torment of resisting the vampire's craving? Or does he mean that Carlisle is no longer affected by human blood in any way? I'm not sure, though I'd guess the latter. But either way, I would think that nowadays Carlisle doesn't have to give conscious thought to resisting temptation....
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Teak wrote:It might be funny to hear Jacob's thoughts during the movie outing with Bella and Mike.
Oh definitely. From before Mike showed up all the way through that night would be good, methinks. Since it is the night he first found out that everything was true. Plus, I want to know what he was think when he touched Bella's scar and said it felt cold. I mean, what would he have deduced from that? Hmmm...
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3