1) This is the first mention we have of the huge black bear wandering around the forest of Forks. What was your first impression of this information? Did you think it would be as important as it turned out to be?
Yeah. I kind guessed it was wolves all along, right from Jacob's stories in Twilight. And Jacob being a wolf would be pretty important.
2) What did you think of Mike in this chapter and his behavior toward Bella? Were you surprised that he wasn't trying to "make the most" of working alone with her?
I thought it showed him in a better light than usual; at least he has some morals, not trying to take advantage of her in her zombie state. Or maybe she was just unreachable to him.
3) What did you think of Bella's motorcycle plan?
I didn't think much of it; motorcycles don't strike me as being dangerous. I was just glad she was up and doing things to keep her out of her stupor.
4) When you first saw Jacob through Bella's eyes, what did you think? Did you like him? Did you think he would become as important to her as he did?
I thought he was sweet, and I was glad he cheered her up - though I was actually almost grateful for the nightmare, because they meant that he wasn't replacing Edward. I didn't think he'd become quite as important as he did; not in the way that he did, anyway.
5) Were you surprised by Bella's complete reluctance to leave Forks or did you suspect it given Edward's minimally lingering presence? Why or why not?
No, I knew she'd want to stay there. Forks is Edward to Bella; she'd have no interest in it without him. It made sense that she'd want to stay there, surrounded by it. Plus, should he decide to come back (and I think there was a tiny part of her that hoped he would, no matter how subconscious it was or how much she tried to repress it), he'd find her easily.
6) This is the first time we see Billy without Edward around or the threat of Edward looming. Did your impression of him change at all from Twilight? Why or why not?
Not really; I gathered he'd be pretty light-hearted and laid back without vampires in the precinct. Besides, he wanted Edward and the Cullens gone, and he got his way - that was bound to make him happy.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head. "You truly are one frightening little monster."' ~APPC~