Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 1 ~ Ultimatum

Post by Stacia »

1. Are Charlie's feelings toward Edward justified?
To an extent, I think. He's very protective of Bella and he saw first hand what Edward leaving did to Bella. He doesn't want Bella to get hurt again. I think that he should probably ease up a bit on Edward though.

2. Have you ever had a parent disapprove of a relationship?
Not really, no

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs's message to Bella.
He's torn. He loves Bella and he can't understand why she prefers Edward. He doesn't understand the draw to Edward. And he's an enemy to Edward. Not only as "competition" to Edward but that werewolves and vampires are enemies.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?
Yes. He needs to trust Bella. Bella was surrounded by the werewolves for extended periods of time (when Edward was gone) and no harm really ever came to her.

5. Do your Dad and his best friend gossip like old women?
No. I'd hope not at any rate.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i think he's a little too over-protective of bella at times but he just doesn't want her to get hurt.

haha, yes i sure have.

well i understand where jacob's coming from, it's really hard for him.

4. Do you feel Edward was being unreasonable in not wanting Bella to go to La Push?
a little, but he just loves her. edward does no wrong! lol

lase question doesnt really work for me.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Yes, but they stayed out of it. My mom just kept her opinion to herself until eventually, the relationship fell apart little by little.
Mother knows best...

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Yeah, Charlie is a dad and Dad's have a responcibility to be protective of their daughters.

Oh gosh yes. In fact... it is still an issue. Not the right religion... not the right family... not good enough for my mom... not the right color or ethnicity... DID ANYONE ASK WHAT I WANTED???? No.

I love it. It's very endering.

I kind of do feel that Edward is being unreasonable. I understand why Edward feels the way he does, but Bella is smart and capabe and Edward is not her parent. He loves her but he could trust her a little more.

I don't think so.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

absolutly - Edwards caused bella LOT of pain, and he was left to pick up the peices or witness jacob do it!! This is the one thing a parent will never forget!

Yep - and it is a horrible horrible experiance!

i loved it...so true to Jacob...he is mad, sad, in love plus so much more with Bella and this letter and all the stratched out ... he wants her to know, but then not - I love that it just ended with "yeah I miss you too - a lot. Doesn't change anything. sorry" just Such a jacob thing!!

yes and no - I think his reasons were justified, but I think jealousy was more of the underlying cause! and jealousy is a big no no in my book!! they are just friends she should be allowed to see him if that is what she wants!

Im gonna say no, but then again if my dads best friend's son and I were dating...or they wanted us to date...probably a big yes! they would def. be getting us together in someway somehow
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

Yes. But I thought he should have let up a little!! Especially since Bella was so happy he was there.

Not to that extent!

I thought it was funny and that he was overreacting A LOT!

Yes.

No! That would just be to weird!!
ImageImage
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

Yes, they were. I think parents have a hard time trusting their son/daughter's date generally, so for Charlie it must be extra hard since Edward hurt Bella so badly in the past. He probably thinks Edward is just some fickle guy trying to take advantage of his daughter.
No, I've only ever been in one relationship, and my parents never really met the guy.

I was wondering why he couldn't just get a new piece of paper each time he messed up, instead of leaving unattractive scribble marks all over the page. I also thought Bella was being pretty annoying to him, but I know that she just desperately missed him.

No, I don't think he was. He's never really spent much time around the wolves, Jake in particular, so he doesn't know how in control of themselves they are. Plus, he's just really worried about Bella's safety. However, I do think he was going a tad overboard when he took apart her truck...

Nope. When my dad is with his friends I seriously doubt they talk about their families. And not really gossiping, more like rudely talking about rumors about people...yep, that sounds about right.
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

Because I AM a parent, I can honestly say yes. BUT, also having once been 17 myself I can say "NOT FAIR!!" :lol:

Of course...

Truthful. Upfront. I really started to like Jacob after reading ALL the books twice. (still gotta love Edward though!)

Eh. In a way at first.

HAHAHA! he DOES...with my husband! :shock:
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Well, i won't say that he isn't over reacting but it is justified, imagine if your daughter goes into a like six month meltdown, because her boyfriend dumps her then when she's finally getting back to her old self she disappears for three days, then all of a sudden she's on your doorstep in the arm of the same boy that caused her heart ache in the first place, so yes it is justified.

Nope.

It was kinda harsh.

Well yea he was letting his prejudices against them get in the way, but he's always been over protective and he was just scared for her that's all.

Well no, or at least i hope not.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

I think they are in a way. He is angry that he hurt Bella. I personally think though that he needs to get over it. Bella and Edward are going to be together regardless.

Yes, I have. Did it make a difference? No. I love my parents, but my life is mine, not theirs.

3. Describe your thoughts about Jacobs message to Bella.
I think that he has to deal with it if he really wants to be Bella's friend. I think that his feelings were hurt, but Bella told him that it wasn't like that for her.

Yes, I do. I think that he is overprotective. I think that Bella is a big girl and can make her own decisions. She just wanted to go see her friend.

LMAO!!!
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella