Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
emmy
Settled in Forks

Re: Edward Cullen

Post by emmy »

Has anyone else seen the facebook group "thanks to twilight i have unrealistic expectations in men"?
It currently has about 60000 members.

Its so irritating! Hes just so sweet and kind and perfect.. and hes not real :(
Screw prince charming. I want a vampire.

Now no real guy will ever match up!

When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it’s not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

I couldn't agree anymore with you all! It almost makes me a bit upset at SM for creating someone as wonderful as Edward.

I hate the fact that (for once) I'm actually in love and it's not even with a real person but a fictional character! It's just frustrating. I've always been into vampires but this just throws me into crazy fanatic. gr..

I shake my fist in frustration at you SM!!! *but thanks for the wonderful man we all love dearly!, lol*
"Afraid of a needle. Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs of to meet him. An IV on the other hand..."
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

Now, before i start. A lot of people know me as the girl who HATES Edward. Yes, i did. I softened up a lot to him in Breaking Dawn. I said this at the OAL too, but he became a lot more REAL. I still don't like him much, but he is A LOT better. He doesn't hover over Bella 24/7. When he let her leave to meet J. Jenks without question was flat out proof. I loved it. :] But...Jake's still better.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

emmett_<3 wrote:Now, before i start. A lot of people know me as the girl who HATES Edward. Yes, i did. I softened up a lot to him in Breaking Dawn. I said this at the OAL too, but he became a lot more REAL. I still don't like him much, but he is A LOT better. He doesn't hover over Bella 24/7. When he let her leave to meet J. Jenks without question was flat out proof. I loved it. :] But...Jake's still better.
You know... I like Jacob more in Breaking Dawn than in any other book in the saga.
"Afraid of a needle. Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs of to meet him. An IV on the other hand..."
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

Mary Cullen wrote:
You know... I like Jacob more in Breaking Dawn than in any other book in the saga.
That is....shocking. I liked Jacob LESS in Breaking Dawn. Hmm.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

Lol, I think the reason why I liked it was because he was able to let Bella go in that way once he imprinted on Renesmee.

I'm happy that Bella didn't have to deal so much with Jacob or Edward. Though i'm all for Edward, I did find it a bit sad for Jacob to not have the person he loved, love him back. I was happy for him when Renesmee came into the picture. They each got their happy ending.
y3nd0
Who Needs Spell Check When You Have Me?

Post by y3nd0 »

Here's my bit: Edward Cullen is amazing. :D Sure, his protective side is overbearing, but I just soak it in as the fact that Bella has been in danger before, and he never wants to lose her. *shrugs* But I guess it can be viewed in other ways as well.
emmett_<3 wrote:
Mary Cullen wrote:
That is....shocking. I liked Jacob LESS in Breaking Dawn. Hmm.
I agree with emmett_<3. But let's just stick with the discussion of Edward. :)
HOORAH FOR DODOBIRDS!
Twilightaddict
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilightaddict »

hi okay so bear with me for now i just signed up...
Okay first question or comment id liek to say is does any one else think that stephenie should make a squel to BD because there would be so much to write about like Renesmee's powers and what will happen with her and jacob... Oh about that I didn't like that jacob imprinted on Renesmee like maybe the jacob fans are happy about that but no offence i didn't like it :( but why did Edward call Jacob his son? I think that was just alittle to fast..it seemed to me that edward hated jab one moment and then snapped out of it like in a day and now is lovey dovey wth jacob well you know what i mean? Any replies??
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

y3nd0: Yes, but you are aware of the fact that i still think Jacob is way way way better than Edward right?

Twilightaddict: I personally hated the fact that Jake imprinted on Nessie, it killed his character...just letting you know, from a Jacob fan.

Staying somewhat on topic...Edward is just...annoying. Like the 'son' line. Hated it. But, like i said, he is sooo much better. I give him...no Stephenie...props. Haha, she made him better.

I can't say much more about him...not good anyways. :]

(Mods, if i get too off topic, sorry. Please stop me.)

AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Funny, I thought that when Edward said goodbye to Jacob and Called him a Brother and a Son... that it was one of the more touching moments and was the only time I felt choked up. Maybe you just don't understand Edward's character/personality and thus thought that line was funny.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"