How this forum works...

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: How this forum works...

Post by ringswraith »

That is true- however some people might be reading the book, and we don't want to spoil things for them.

Either way is fine by me. :)

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, having the threads done by topic means scrapping all the current threads. (Or, they'll die as the new topic threads get more hits.) Also, just how many topics per book will we need? What would constitute a topic worthy of a thread? We already jump around several threads talking about a topic- wouldn't be much of a change, in my opinion.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I don't think all the current threads need to be scrapped. I was thinking that the topics could be proposed by users - the same way requesting a new thread works on this board. I mean the mods could think of some, and then if anything was missing, the users could suggest it.

As for spoilers - that's a tricky subject. When I was reading the books, I just didn't read anything online - I wanted to be safe. I think if people only stick to forums for the books they have read, and users remember to be respectful in the threads, they should be okay. But when I don't want things spoiled - I just stay out of forums - that's rule #1 for me! :)

I'm not sold on my suggestion - no system will be perfect - but we have to find something better than the current system. I just think if things are broken down by chapter, it will be tricky for people who don't have the book sitting right in front of them. I can't remember what happened in what chapter. Oooh - but maybe there's a solution for that. Perhaps whoever starts the topic on, say, chapter 6 - they could do a little synopsis of it in the opening post. That might work then.

Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

People don't have to read these posts if they dont wanna know what happens. Why should they spoil all our fun.

And I love answering these questions. Can't wait for chapter 10 :D
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

I don't think that these particular chapter headings are dangerous to readers who haven't finished the book but I know I was just browsing the site before I read BD and I saw a topic called Bella's Wedding Dress, well that kind of gave something away without me being ready for it, especially since it wasn't even in a book specific forum which I avoided at all costs. :(

As far as the discussion goes, nothing is stopping us from responding to other posts or only answering the questions. I don't think we have to have an overhaul of the boards.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
megandheartsplease

Post by megandheartsplease »

I think the whole question thing is a tad bit overkill. Why not just offer some sort of general discussion topic so we don't have to stick to questions that may not even address what we have to talk about?
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Some of the questions get a little lame sometimes. Not really "discussion" questions - more like a test that a teacher gives to make sure that you actually read the book. Lots of obvious stuff. Some are fine, and then some are...boring.

Image Image
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Yes, I don't like the ones where you can just find the answer right in the book. I like them more when they ask for my interpretation. But I think the questions here have been good so far. Though these are a little late, since I have read BD several times, and my interpretations is colored by that and by reading comments here on the Lex.
I saw spoilers where mentioned earlier. But the whole Lex is one big spoiler if you haven't read all the books. People are constantly talking about events in all the books, so it's really unavoidable. I have only seen some people inform about it before they talk about MS, but most people don't even do that. I came into Twilight quite late. And I didn't read anything on the Lex beyond just the chapter discussion sites, before I had finished all the books. Just to make sure that I didn't read anything I didn't want to read. So people themselves have to avoid spoilers, I think. As for making this into more of a discussion, I'm all for that. I love answering these questions, but I don't see anything stopping us from discussing here as well. Or maybe that's not allowed? A little bit of both would be good in my opinion.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Daniellea
Settled in Forks

Post by Daniellea »

I like your idea of making a topic for each chapter. That way, there's no spoliers for people who haven't gotten far in the book yet.
Yay Percabeth!
also a tiny bit of Alice/Jasper.
Sannois

Post by Sannois »

I have to agree, and being a relative newbie I have not posted on any of these threads for the simple fact that it takes too long to go through them all and answer questions. I think just discussing them is better. For what its worth.
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
elizabella
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

I don't think this is the right place but I have a burning question about Breaking Dawn and they're not at that chapter yet.

***Warning Spoiler *** ***Warning Spoiler ******Warning Spoiler ******Warning Spoiler ******Warning Spoiler ******Warning Spoiler ***

I didn't even realise this until I actually had my mom read the book but once she said it, I kind of began to wonder too. In the battle with the vulturi, right before Chelsea starts to attack them, Edward, Bella, Renesmee and Jacob say goodbye to each other. My mom figured that they left then but when Aro and Edward are discussing the shape shifters, Jacob is right there again. Has anybody else noticed that? What happened?

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.