General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LoveLikeWinter
Settled in Forks

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by LoveLikeWinter »

This may not count as nerve-wracking...but I vividly remember my heart skipping a few beats in painful, dragging, dire anticipation....

In BD, at the beginning of the honeymoon, when Bella is psyching herself out and finally gets the guts to go outside and meet Edward in the water...and she sees the remainder of his clothes fluttering in the trees.... :shock:

I was thinking/freaking.....OMG...THIS IS IT. FINALLY! :o
Keep it light.
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

LoveLikeWinter wrote:This may not count as nerve-wracking...but I vividly remember my heart skipping a few beats in painful, dragging, dire anticipation....

In BD, at the beginning of the honeymoon, when Bella is psyching herself out and finally gets the guts to go outside and meet Edward in the water...and she sees the remainder of his clothes fluttering in the trees.... :shock:

i didn't think of that for this thread... i agree though i was like "ahhh omg this is actually happening" i mean weve waited so long!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Landiana wrote:
LoveLikeWinter wrote:This may not count as nerve-wracking...but I vividly remember my heart skipping a few beats in painful, dragging, dire anticipation....

i didn't think of that for this thread... i agree though i was like "ahhh omg this is actually happening" i mean weve waited so long!

So true! It was nerve-wracking, because I felt the same nerves as Bella did on my wedding night, and it was heart-stopping because I was thinking "here it is!!" It was kind of like the morning after Christmas, a let-down... but, I liked the "looking back on it" aspect. I'm sure Bella's thoughts would have been way tooooo incoherent if it were written "in the moment." I mean, goodness, he takes her breath away just during a passionate kiss! :oops:
AnaBanana
Wandering Through Town
Location: Stuck in a deadbeat town in the middle of nowhere...

Post by AnaBanana »

The first one I thought of was the fight scene between Victoria and Edward at the end of Eclipse. Even though I knew Bella and Edward would live (if one died, the other would follow, hence no 4th book), I was worried Seth would get hurt, or Victoria would get away, or a Cullen or wolf would die. That was the one time I cursed Stephenie's amazing attention to detail...
These volent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume.

~Romeo & Juliet
edsbestfriend
Settled in Forks

Post by edsbestfriend »

For me it was probably in New Moon when Bella realised why Edward had gone to Volterra.
strawberry
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by strawberry »

Stacia wrote:Yay! I wanted this thread, lol! I guess, I'll start with New Moon -
Pages 69-70 & 73
"Bella, I don't want you to come with me." He spoke the words slowly and precisely, his cold eyes on my face, watching as I absorbed what he was really saing.
There was a pause as I repeated the words in my head a few times, sifting through them for their real intent.
"You...don't...want me?" I tired out the workds, confused by the way they sounded, placed in that order.
"No."
"You're not good for me, Bella." He turned his earlier words around, and so I had no argument. How well I knew that I wasn't good enough for him.
He was gone.

It always hurts to think that you aren't good enough for someone and then for them to actually vocalize the thought can crush a person. I think Edward leaving is one of the most heart stopping moments in the series...

I'm sure I'll post more later!
It´s like you read my mind. I literally died when I read this part. To me it´s definitly one of the most nerve-wracking moments in the whole Twilight Saga.
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

im in the process of reading eclipse and then BD - but if something even come close to him leaving her, Id be surprised!! I just sat there when I read his words and her thoughts

---------------------------------------------------------------
Pages 69-70 NM
"Bella, I don't want you to come with me." He spoke the words slowly and precisely, his cold eyes on my face, watching as I absorbed what he was really saying.
There was a pause as I repeated the words in my head a few times, sifting through them for their real intent.
"You...don't...want me?" I tired out the words, confused by the way they sounded, placed in that order.
"No."
---
"You're not good for me, Bella." He turned his earlier words around, and so I had no argument. How well I knew that I wasn't good enough for him.
--
He was gone.

----------------------------------------------------

my heart broke reading this I think I read it several times, just to be sure my eyes weren't reading it wrong...I had to stop for a bit, I was SO upset and mad at edward! meanie!
vamp na hEireann
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

I seriously cried when Edward left.I never cry,not even when family members die or anything like that,so when a fictional vampire leaving his fictional sweetheart makes you break down you know theres something wrong with you!Seriously,Edward broke my heart too when I read that.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
BroadwayAmanda93
Wandering Through Town

Post by BroadwayAmanda93 »

I have experienced a moment like this in every book! In Twilight, it would be the ballet studio. Wow. I'm really looking forward to seeing that in the movie, because Bella just passes out and we miss a lot of it; it should be interesting to see what happened. The whole time I was mentally screaming "Edward! Where are you! Swoop in and save her already!" In Eclipse it would be the final battle between Victoria and Edward. I was on the edge of my seat. Breaking Dawn would be the birth scene. That was intense. Words cannot describe it. I was so anxious. New Moon had two for me. First was the Edward in Volterra scene. I was so worried and my heart stopped a few times I think. It was so suspenseful and intense: would Bella make it in time? I love moments like these, because I completely forgot about Eclipse and that Edward would HAVE to be there. I was just so freaked out. And then relieved when I found out they were ok. Phew. ;)
But I think the biggest one would be the dreaded Chapter 3 of New Moon. I don't need to state what happened there. And it wasn't heart stopping because it was extremely suspenseful, actually it was more heart breaking. I did NOT see that coming and was literally crying. :cry: I think my heart stopped mainly because I couldn't believe this was actually happening. But I'm sure I'm not the only who felt absolutely crushed. But then Edward came back and I was very happy! :D
ImageImage Image
novemberalice
Settled in Forks

Post by novemberalice »

there are a few. in eclipse when she's kissing jacob and finally starts responding. when bella starts puking up the chicken.(i had an inkling then) when alice came back.
I coveted you.I had no right to want you -- but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what's become of you! Trying to seduce a vampire." He shook his head in mock horror.
"You can covet what's already yours,"