Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Writers Central

Post by oleander »

Feathers wrote:I love the idea of NaNoWriMo, don't get me wrong, but as a college kid, how the heck am I supposed to write that many words when it falls square on the month before finals week? I mean... near the end of it, I just cannot spend time doing that sort of thing.

To everyone who has done it; how do you cope with it?

And Seraphyn! It's sort of tragic that once you're an author, you can't have your fanfiction up anymore. *Saves it all to her desktop!*

<3 Ren
I haven't attempted it while in school, so i'm not sure what to tell you. I work 40-hour weeks for the government and am going to school again at night, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I find that if you can keep up with just the daily word count, about a 1,667 words per day, it's not as stressful. I will probably do a lot of my work on breaks at work and before class.

Regardless of your schedule, nanowrimo makes for a stressful November, unless you're one of those super-motivated types.
MiharuSkii
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by MiharuSkii »

I'm doing NaNo this year during school and possibly during a conference for the SADD/SLS chapter I'm in.
Hard? Yes
Possible? If I want to lose a lot of sleep :lol:
ImageImageImage
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

we'll have to start a Twililght Nano group to support each other through the month of November (it's going to be hard balancing work/school/Twilight obsession/nanowrimo).
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

Le sigh. I wish I could do that, but I haven't had much time to write in the past year or so. I miss it so much. This morning I worked on an outline for a couple of chapters in the book I'm writing, though. It's not anywhere close to book-sized yet. I've been on and off with it for four years now, almost five in Janurary. I'm a good writer, but there's just not enough time to write. I wish I could. :( I'm constantly coming up with new ideas.

I came up with another idea for something a few weeks ago. It seemed like it was a good idea at first, but now I'm afraid it's similaur to a lot of books, and now I'm worrying over that. :?
Vampyr Reborn
Settled in Forks

Post by Vampyr Reborn »

Last edited by Vampyr Reborn on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

oleander wrote:we'll have to start a Twililght Nano group to support each other through the month of November (it's going to be hard balancing work/school/Twilight obsession/nanowrimo).
There was a Twilight Role-Playing group that was set up in Nano. It wasn't really updated much because there weren't a lot of people that signed up. Oh well. I can't wait for Nanowrimo this year. I'm not really sure if I want to do it, because I'm so focused on working on college apps right now it's crazy.

All my stories got lost. My computer died, and I tried to save my files off of the hard drive by putting it on an external hard drive and the files I so desperately needed didn't get saved.... and I don't know why?

*sigh* I miss writing, I haven't been able to go back in to the swing of things when school started.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
vampluv78
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vampluv78 »

im in the middle of three stories because i get an idea while writing one of the current ones i carry them all around with along with a blank note book and an idea book for each.
thats basically what i do and this could be good advice, as you write a story also use an idea book to put in something you want to happen in the future of your story,then use that to keep your story in line such as, and im using SM as an example. the first twilight book. SM is writing the third chapter and comes up of a brillant idea of the cullens meeting different vampires while playin baseball, that little idea will go in her idea book which she refers to often.
[Image
Vampyr Reborn
Settled in Forks

Post by Vampyr Reborn »

Last edited by Vampyr Reborn on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I always know how the plot will run in my story, and the resolution. That's a huge problem for me then, because I will rush through the whole entire story and alltogether annoys people.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

writing is my passion. i love writing fanfiction for twilight, and i really would like to have my own story published someday. the problem is...i don't have an idea. i know that i want it to be romance, but i just don't know how i am going to make it interesting. i can no longer go for the normal teenage romance story. i need something like twilight, that is so original.

for now, i'm happy writing my little fanfiction stories. they are my stress reliever. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin