If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by n0vaice »

I wouldn't stop smiling until the day they would release Breaking Dawn!
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

n0vaice wrote:I wouldn't stop smiling until the day they would release Breaking Dawn!
I agree...It will be intense. But I just had a thought. SO much happens in BD....will they be able to effectively condense it into an allotted time?? I worry about that (in addition to all of the special effects, scences, etc). Don't get me wrong though, I'm still excited nevertheless.
ImageImageImageImage
Iroc24
Wandering Through Town

Post by Iroc24 »

I have to agree with a lot of the posts in this thread. Book two can easily blend into the story because it's just a different point of view on the same information. Making one movie is possible but knowing hollywood, they will stretch it into to movies so that people will need to buy two movie tickets $$$.

I also agree with what SM said about Nessie. They need to make sure that bad CG doesn't ruin the realism (as real as vampires get) of the movie. To have a baby that is aware enough to play the role will be difficult. They can always use a real baby and CG facial expressions like what they do in those stupid dog movies.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Since Eclipse starts filming in either August or September (I read that somewhere the other day), maybe we won't have too long to wait to find out if Breaking Dawn will be two movies or one.
If they can get by with making it a 3 hour movie like Titanic, Dances with Wolves, etc., I definitely think one movie is feasable. But, it they are going to be held to the 90 minute time constraint, they need to do two movies. Yes, there is a lot of stuff packed into the book that could be condensed, but the major events alone would constitute a movie longer than 90 minutes.
Iroc24
Wandering Through Town

Post by Iroc24 »

I don't understand why production companies are making movies shorter and shorter. I mean to pay money for something that's only slightly longer than a TV show stinks. Transformers 2 was 2.5 hours long. While the movie wasn't as good as the first one (although many people are claiming it was great), I thought the length was the best part. I really felt like I got my money's worth.
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

Iroc24 wrote:I don't understand why production companies are making movies shorter and shorter. I mean to pay money for something that's only slightly longer than a TV show stinks. Transformers 2 was 2.5 hours long. While the movie wasn't as good as the first one (although many people are claiming it was great), I thought the length was the best part. I really felt like I got my money's worth.
Yeah, I agree. BD should be the longest possible, and since it's the last of the saga, it will be kinda epic, i think. I hope we can get a really good director for that one.
MyAddiction
Settled in Forks

Post by MyAddiction »

I think if it becomes two movies, the whole order will be messed up. It should be just like the books.... I also think that Breaking dawn would be awesome. I was wondering what it would be rated as because there are some explicit parts in that book( a lot actually)
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I don't believe there will be a BD movie.
Let me explain.
If there was to be one, there would have to be so many effects on Nessie. Either they hire like 500 babies of different ages, or find a way to get a newborn baby to talk. At, what, 2 months?, Nessie is able to talk. The only way to do that would be to get a very small toddler who can talk, but she would outgrow it!
That's why I don't believe this is possible.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Nessie is really in the last third of the book so it's not like she's a main character that will be there through the entire 2 hours. They could use a real baby in the beginning and edit the baby like they do for the etrade kids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vW9gUmooFg

I actually think it looks pretty realistic.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

There can't not do BD. It's just stupid if they don't. They can't leave the story unfinished.
They can just CGI Nessie. I doubt they'd try and use a real baby.
Im crossing my fingers that by the time Eclipse is finished filming they'll officially announce whether they're doing it or not, because they'll need to start filming for it asapppp.

It can't be like.....

"here bellz, take dis ring we get married nao!!"

"fine edwid. Il marriez yooh"

'he putted tha ring on ma finga nd ther it shel stay fur al ov eternateh'

THE END.

And imagine the millions of fans they would piss off if they didn't do BD.. and imagine all the money they wouldn't get.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart