Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Special Effects

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

Tengo Nubs. wrote: oh and i just read in some article that they reshot the meadow scene to make the sparkling better. so at least it sounds like they're trying to make it as good as possible! ::crosses fingers::
Oh I hope that it comes out looking great! The sparkling thing shouldn't be it's main focus though on the meadow scene... it should be the passion and stuff. I'm just totally excited for the movie to come out. I don't know if I can wait... haha.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I am a bit scared about the sparkling. I mean, I can't think of any other movie with someone glittering, so I have nothing to compare it to, unlike all of the other action sequences you can imagine with all those superhero movies. And while I don't want it to be weak, I don't want it to be too over-bearing either. I'm probably worrying over nothing, but I still have a pessimistic voice in my head.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

so i just read an article that says when they are running through the tree tops, they eventually make it on top of the trees and into the sun--which is when bella sees edward sparkle. after they jump out of the window i believe.

that's pretty weird....i dunno. what about the meadow?!
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

The meadow scene is going to be really different I think. But at the same time, I think a scene like that is one that works in a book but is tricky in a movie - there needs to be some sort of action. So if he's all shiny in the treetops, I think it's okay. They're still going to make it to the meadow eventually and be lovey dovey together.

I'm just completely too excited about this movie. Especially now that it's only 2 months away and I can smell it. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
brianna_cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by brianna_cullen »

Nikkinik wrote:So I was reading some interview with Robert Pattinson, and they said that they ARE going to make him sparkle (which makes me extremely happy) and he said they tried hundreds of different ways to accomplish this, one of which had something to do with flakes of salt. He said they've decided to now use CGI.

I'm worried! I hope it comes out looking real... but then again, what's so real about a sparkling vampire?

she is so right! my friend told me that they were going to cut out the whole meadow scene because he couldn't sparkle, but that wa the part that pulled the whole movie together! they couldnt do it! i almost started crying in the middle of class because of that! i mean, the movie comes out november 21(my birthday :D ), adn i couldnt imagine it sucking. but thanks for telling me that it was going to be in the movie. :)
Edward can bruise me anyday.

BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

I'm with everyone else, I'm nervous about the sparkle. I know in my head, I imagine it as though his skin was stone with flecks of micca everywhere. I really can't think how they would do that for the movie, but CGI makes me slightly weary. I've seen CGI go very badly, and it would break my heart if that happened with the sparkling in this movie.

They totally need shots of all the boys in tutus doing ballet. That would make my day.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:so i just read an article that says when they are running through the tree tops, they eventually make it on top of the trees and into the sun--which is when bella sees edward sparkle. after they jump out of the window i believe.

*puts on screeching voice*

WHAT!?
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

mlola619 wrote:
Tengo Nubs. wrote:so i just read an article that says when they are running through the tree tops, they eventually make it on top of the trees and into the sun--which is when bella sees edward sparkle. after they jump out of the window i believe.

*puts on screeching voice*

WHAT!?
well i'm pretty sure that the meadow scene will still be in the movie, it just won't be the first time edward sparkles i guess. i'm just inferring from the article. here's the pertinent part:

MTV: We had a big controversy break out back in January, when you told me up at Sundance that you were running over treetops. So settle this once and for all: Are Bella and Edward running on top of trees or through them?

Stewart: Through treetops, but then ultimately on top of them. We go through the trees. He pushes me out his window, and he scurries up to the top of the trees, and we're sort of jumping on branches. And at the end of the scene, it becomes overwhelmingly beautiful when we go up on top, so we can actually see the sky and the sun, and he sparkles — so both.

this is the full article: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

Oh I REALLY hope they don't mess with that scene too much, that's the single most important scene in the entire series! Although if SM was really consulted for the script, there's no way they could change it too much. That worries me though, that they aren't sticking to the book for that scene.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Same thing as Buffy said above - I feel like since SM had so much input and a certain "stamp of approval," some of the changes don't bother me that much. I know that she was very happy with the feel and the mood of the movie, so I think that means that we will be satisfied, even if it's not exactly the same. :)

And I have faith that the meadow scene will still be there. Maybe a little different, but still there.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/