Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread 2

Snowstone
Learning to Love Green

Re: Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread

Post by Snowstone »

I not expecting to update Keys of Mystery until after my exams, so probably on the end of the month I might update it. In my free time from the exams only going to re-write some parts.

Anyway any input anyone can give me would be great ;)
My Twitter
Check my little stories and photos, and give me some feedback
My FictionPress Profile
My Deviantart Profile
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Does anyone know, when submitting a fanfic, what the limitations/definitions of the rating system are? How do you know what to rate your story? I'm trying to keep "Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra" within the PG-13 or Rated T realm, but I'm not sure how far I can push it. There is no specific mention of any "private" areas, and no cuss words of any kind, but as I said in my earlier post, Edward is "much more descriptive" than Bella about what he's feeling so I am...perplexed. :? Can anyone help? :)

pammy ;)
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Pammy, I just read your fanfic and it was really pressing the "T" rating. If Edward is more descriptive you may want to make it rated M.
edward4ever

Post by edward4ever »

Ahh pooey. That's what I figured. Thanks Amanda Beth!
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Jazz Girl wrote:I haven't seen this one mentioned here just yet, but I have become quite enamoured of If Love Could Light A Candle which is written by AG's beta Pastiche Pen. An interesting twist on the story. It is kind of canon, but kind of not. Rather than a high school student, Edward is playing the role of a therapist whom Bella begins to see because of her reserved nature and difficulty adjusting to life in Forks. It jumps back and forth between Edward & Bella's present and Edward's vigilante days. 7 very long chapters thus far, updating about every week or so. Very well written and loving seeing badarse Edward during his days hunting humans. A really interesting paradox.

EDIT: And to whomever recommended Tropic of Virgo Holy Hell and thank you very much. I am not even through chapter 3 and I am loving the Would you PLEASE stop trying to get round the filters? out of it!! Win after bloody fracking win!!!!! I know, apparently, it gets a little angsty by the time I get current. But, mother of gods, she is a genius.!!!!
Caryn, I'm reading If Love Could Light a Candle. I really like how she is giving us more of Edward's history. And, it so different from The Nymph and the Waterfall! I'm glad you're liking Tropic of Virgo! So angsty!

I also need to comment on The Ex-Factor. Navarre, for me, it ranks right up there with
WA
! She has written the characters so well. I 'm so glad she is planning on continuing the story!

Pammy, I'm going to have to go back and read yours! How did I miss it? :o

I think I've now established that I'll be reading the rest of the night! ;)

Have a good one everyone!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
GenevieveCullen

Post by GenevieveCullen »

A couple of pages ago there was a discussion about Bella and Edward's roles being reversed and how things would play out.

AngelAtTwilight, author of The Ex-Factor, wrote a fic called The Search For Myself: Edward & Bella:
What if Bella & Edward's roles were reversed, leaving Bella the Vampire and Edward the Human? As predicaments change and situations become harder, will their fate still be destined? Or will unexpected plans change their lives forever? Read To Find Out!

I haven't read either of these fics but The Ex-Factor has been getting a lot of praise around here so I would assume this other fic would be of the same calibre. Just thought I'd pass this along.
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

SweetKay wrote: missp: I very much enjoyed your first chapter. I too found it confusing when the person or thoughts changed. I have seen other authors just do something as simple as putting in a line, ________________ within a chapter when that occurs. I think that would help. Keep writing and keep updating.
missp: I love your writing style! It's hard to read another version of Renesmee (btw you put Renessmee but there is only one s) because everyone sees her so differently. I would suggest making more paragraphs when writing. Every time the person speaking changes that should be a new line. I had a read a few lines over again because I hadn't realized someone else was now talking. Keep up the good work!♥ Amanda Beth ♥
Ooooh! Great job! I like it a lot! It fits so easily into SM's writing style and I love how you summarized the BD Volturi scene, and even followed up on some secondary characters. EXCELLENT!! Can't wait for Ch. 2!
p.s. I was a little concerned at first when Jacob needed to talk to Nessie (i.e. how could that work? he wouldn't be able to do that). But, once he explained to her what it was...it made perfect sense...of course he needs to do that! DUH!
TERRIFIC!

pammy
Thanks so much for the input you guys gave on my first chapter of Perfect Forever!
I am sorry it was so confusing switching from character to character in the dialogue. I had it fixed so it would not be so confusing, and somehow, it didn't get saved in the final draft that was published.
But, you guys gave me some great encouragement, and I will continue to write. Today, I am really upset, though, so I don't know how much I have in me. I found out today that my 13 year old Pomeranian, Bridget, has cancer all over her body. I have to put her down, and I am not doing so well with the news.

BTW!! Amanda Beth-- I am so glad I read "Borrowed Time" yesterday! Today would have made it a JUMBO box of tissue event!
SOOOOO good, yet SOOOOO sad!
edward4ever

Post by edward4ever »

missp wrote: I found out today that my 13 year old Pomeranian, Bridget, has cancer all over her body. I have to put her down, and I am not doing so well with the news.
:cry: I'm so sorry about your puppy. The hardest thing I ever had to do was put down my Lhasa Apso, Misty Mae. But, I realized that she was in pain, and I was being selfish keeping her alive. That made it a little easier.
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Caryn & Sandy, I haven't started reading If Love Could Light a Candle, but I have it on my list. I loved The Nymph & the Waterfall!! And, Caryn, I'm so glad you're loving Tropic of Virgo. RockGodward is one of my top 'wards. And I StageFrightBella is great.

*jumps on bandwagon*
Right now, however, I'm ALL KINDS of addicted to the Ex-Factor! She makes it very clear up front that it has non-canon couples at first. I, personally, love that. I had it on my list to read from way back... but then Christy/navarre was gushing and she was so right. So much sporking draaammaaaaaaa!!

And, Pammy? Fear not. There are plenty of ppl who read fics with M ratings.

MissP... I'm so sorry about your dog. :cry: Even when it's the best thing for the animal, it's so hard to make the decision to put her down. *hug* Now I'm gonna hug my furbaby a little tighter tonight. (She'll hate it, but that's ok).

Image Image Image
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Thanks so much for the kind words! I am going to enjoy every minute I have with her for the next three weeks. She has been a constant in my life for 13 years...it will be rough to let her go, but it would be irresponsible and cruel of me to keep her here in so much pain.