1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
No, I did not feel a sense of foreboding. I knew something was coming, and that it was pretty close from the way Edward was acting, but I had no way of knowing when. Even though I knew it was coming, it did take me by surprise when it actually happened, especially Edward breaking up with Bella. I did not see that one coming at all.
2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
No, not really. I'm not that type of person. For one, I haven't had a boyfriend (and I'm seventeen, ode to being picky). Number two, I love my space. I'm not clingy at all, and I tend not to... commit all of myself to something if I think it's not going to work.
Besides, I would never stop someone from walking away from me. If someone didn't want me as a friend, or a girlfriend, I wouldn't force my company on them. Why fight for someone who obviously does not want to be around you? It's pointless.
3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
I knew it was real, and that it was happening. I was hurt for Bella, but I knew Edward wouldn't do it if he didn't have to. I didn't expect for him to run back, he has great self-control. No, I did not believe it as readily as Bella. Reading it, I was mentally screaming at the book, "NO! No, Bella, don't listen to him! He's lying! Why can't you see that he's lying?! DO something about it, Bella! Call him out!"
4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
I was surprised. Why was Sam there, helping to look for Bella? What was going on? I was surprised and confused.
5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages
Again, I was confused. I kept flipping back and forth through the months pages, thinking, "What the heck? Did I get a defective book, or something? That would be just my luck..." Finally getting bored of flipping through the months, I turned to the next chapter. "Oh, well... If I did, the next chapter will let me know. If I'm lost, I know why."