Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread 2

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Twilight Fanfiction discussion thread

Post by ringswraith »

Jazz Girl wrote:GAH!!!!!! That man is an IDIOT!!!!!!!! How?!?!?! How can he let his brain get in the way of his heart!!!! Why?!?!?! Why can't he just believe his heart for once in his fracking life?!?! Why can't he believe that it is possible that, if he takes a chance, it just MIGHT work out for the best?!?!?! After what they just shared, REALLYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?! *Huffs & Puffs* *Pants* *Pants Some More* GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! [/color]
First: If I hadn't been in a meeting, navarre wouldn't have beat me to it! :lol:

Second: SPOILERS!
I can actually see where he's coming from, strangely enough. Here you have a man who's lived his life ruled by his mind and rationalizations. Emotions never really came into the picture, other than physical gratification. And then you introduce the one person able to elicit actual emotional responses from him.

For a guy so ruled by his head, the heart is a frickin' scary place to be. He thrives on controlled situations, contingency plans... He wouldn't know how to trust his heart and just let it be.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:GAH!!!!!! That man is an IDIOT!!!!!!!! How?!?!?! How can he let his brain get in the way of his heart!!!! Why?!?!?! Why can't he just believe his heart for once in his fracking life?!?! Why can't he believe that it is possible that, if he takes a chance, it just MIGHT work out for the best?!?!?! After what they just shared, REALLYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?! *Huffs & Puffs* *Pants* *Pants Some More* GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! [/color]
First: If I hadn't been in a meeting, navarre wouldn't have beat me to it! :lol:

I can actually see where he's coming from, strangely enough. Here you have a man who's lived his life ruled by his mind and rationalizations. Emotions never really came into the picture, other than physical gratification. And then you introduce the one person able to elicit actual emotional responses from him.

For a guy so ruled by his head, the heart is a frickin' scary place to be. He thrives on controlled situations, contingency plans... He wouldn't know how to trust his heart and just let it be.
Rings~ Yeah, I hate it to when real life gets in the way of my fun.

That being said...

Damn it!!! There is no place for logic in this discussion. I want to be pissed!!! And, specifically, I want to be pissed at DomWard!!!!! Damn you for ruining my perfectly good hissy fit with .... LOGIC!!!! GRRRRRR!!! :lol:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Jazz Girl wrote:Rings~ Yeah, I hate it to when real life gets in the way of my fun.

That being said...

Damn it!!! There is no place for logic in this discussion. I want to be pissed!!! And, specifically, I want to be pissed at DomWard!!!!! Damn you for ruining my perfectly good hissy fit with .... LOGIC!!!! GRRRRRR!!! :lol:
To that end, I bring over a post I made on the "Things that would never be said in the Twilight Saga" thread:

Edward: Jasper, you must not let yourself be so ruled by emotion.
Jasper: Thank you, Commander Spock.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:Rings~ Yeah, I hate it to when real life gets in the way of my fun.

That being said...

To that end, I bring over a post I made on the "Things that would never be said in the Twilight Saga" thread:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my gods. I fracking love you for that!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it!!! Now my DomWard has pointy ears!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

You're welcome. ;) :lol:
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

ringswraith wrote:

***THIRD SPOILERS****

Caryn ~ Easy, girlfriend, easy. :lol: I feel your pain, though. Remember, there will be smiles from forehead to chin coming up.

Rings ~ One thing I see is that in this circumstance, Bella is the true Dominant - she inhabits all four chambers of his heart. And it's true, that is a hard thing for him to relinquish or in this case admit out loud. He will certainly pay a price for that..
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

You guys are so funny with this :) I wish I could get into any of these AU/OOC fanfics but I can't... I can't get into a Bella/Edward character that isn't the real Bella and the real Edward.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

ringswraith wrote:

That being said...

:lol: :lol:
Good one rings, especially since I finally saw Star Trek Tuesday night!

More Dominant Spoilers

I think tara sue me has outdone herself with Chapter 30. Edward's realizations of his true feelings for Bella...wow...very powerfully and beautifully written. I know the next couple of chapters are going to be so heartbreaking to read from Edward's point of view. I'm such a wuss that I may just have to wait until The Dominant is complete before I can keep going. :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

navarre wrote:***THIRD SPOILERS****

Rings ~ One thing I see is that in this circumstance, Bella is the true Dominant - she inhabits all four chambers of his heart. And it's true, that is a hard thing for him to relinquish or in this case admit out loud. He will certainly pay a price for that..
Oh my goodness you guys with your font too tiny for my eyeballs to read without cutting & pasting into Notepad!

SPOILERS, too.

I CAN'T be mad at Domward, Caryn! I know what's coming for him is going to be soooo much worse than how he feels now. I just feel so sad for him, like he doesn't want Bella to feel.

Christy, your comment about Bella being the true Dom is just spot on.

Image Image Image
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Amanda Beth wrote:You guys are so funny with this :) I wish I could get into any of these AU/OOC fanfics but I can't... I can't get into a Bella/Edward character that isn't the real Bella and the real Edward.
Neither did I, in the beginning. I realize now it was silly of me to think so. (Not calling you silly, just that I found I was being silly.)

See, as a writer, I can appreciate the OOC fanfics (is AU alternate universe? I forget), the AH ones... It intrigues me how other people can take the essence of a character, plop them into a completely different setting, and see how they behave. And these characters do behave the way you'd expect them to, given the new settings. That's part of the joy of reading these fanfics- seeing just how closely they mirror the original characters that inspired them. Plus, they make you think about angles you likely wouldn't have thought of yourself, if you keep to canon. I mean, come on- Edward as a stripper? And yet The Red Line managed to portray exactly that, and got me crying several times in the process.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's liberating to read all these alternate takes, and I'd be doing myself a disservice as a writer by not exploring other possibilities. :) At the very least, I can gain more insight into what makes characters tick.