Scott Westerfeld_The Midnighters Series

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Scott Westerfeld_The Midnighters Series

Post by pixiealice »

I'm almost done with the third book of Midnighters now. LOVE them. Peeps and the Last Days not so much. Recommend all Midnighters books as a must read. The Uglies series was really good (not so much of a fan of Extras though) but Uglies as a movie would be sweet. Since Twilight I have been reading a lot of young adult books (I am 34) and I must say I am finding better reads there than in the adult section.
I am finding that the third Midnighters book Blue Noon is harder to read than the other two. I am thinking my brain just can't keep up with all the math anymore. Poor Dess. So are the old Midnighters "bad"? I think I'm about to find out....
Twilight_girl15
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilight_girl15 »

did anyone else not like how it ended i loved the books and aqll but the ending could have been better i think
Just when you think things can't get any worse.....they do.
But....I've learned that life is like hour glass sand.
Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom,
but all you have to do is be patient and wait
for something to turn everything around.
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

Yeah I was a little disappointed at the ending of the series. I really thought it would end differently than that. I feel bad for some of the characters at the end of the book. :( Especially John and Jess...

That's all I'm going to say. I don't want to spoil anything. :) I'm really happy I found more people that like this series!!
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

I was disappointed at the end too, but maybe someday there will be a "new" Bixby...
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Bizarre Star wrote:
pixiealice wrote:OH OH! I just got the first book of the series from the library to give it a go. I love this guy. Anyone read the Uglies/Pretties/Specials/Extras series? How about Peeps? I'm reading the second book to Peeps right now. Scott Westerfeld has a great imagination!!

I just finished reading the Ugles/Pretties/Specials series and I just starting reading Extras. I fell in love with Scott Westerfeld's writing. I can't wait until I get to read Midnighters. I've heard great things about it. OH! I'm totally going to be front in line for his new book Leviathan.
Hey, a Midnighters thread -- yay!! I read these books last year and I really enjoyed them, but I agree with others on here, the third book was hard for me to get through -- and I didn't love the ending. Does anyone know if that is the end of the series?? Seriously, he cannot leave it like that -- ugh!!

And what's his new book Leviathan?? Does anyone know anything about it?
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

wow, this threads been dead since january....
i shall revive it by saying
i <3 midnighters!
ive only read the first book, but i have the next few up in my room on the waiting list :lol:
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Hey yah, I forgot about this thread . . . thanks for reviving it, i am bella :)

Since no one answered my question back from January I just looked it up myself.
This is a new series by Scott Westerfeld and the first book is Leviathan, here's the synopsis:

In an alternate 1914 Europe, fifteen-year-old Austrian Prince Alek, on the run from the Clanker Powers who are attempting to take over the globe using mechanical machinery, forms an uneasy alliance with Deryn who, disguised as a boy to join the British Air Service, is learning to fly genetically-engineered beasts.

Sounds interesting! I'm sure it will be good, he's an excellent author. :)
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

^^I read the first chapter of that because it was one of those "preview/sneak peek" things in the back of the last midnighters book and I thought it was kinda slow. Of course, thats probably because it was just the first chapter...it was still good though, I liked it more than I thought I would, since Im usually not into historical old-timey stuff at all, but I trust SW's writing skillz and he'll come up with a great book!

& just to stay on topic, I LOVED the Midnighters series!I read it 2 years ago, if i remember correctly, and thout it was great! I was a tad dissapointed by the ending, but I could understand why it had to be done.
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

I LOVED the Midnighters series. They were fun to read... but like most people, I thought the ending was disappointing. I wish there was another book.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey