The British Thread

Re: The British Thread

Postby Vampyr Reborn » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:59 am

I only got my Religous Studies result. I got a B. I have to go back to school on Friday to get my Science results hopefully. I'm going into Year 11.

It took me a while to find this thread!
Vampyr Reborn
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:57 am

Re: The British Thread

Postby Fangirl » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:51 am

So I was wondering what all your thoughts were towards the Twilight movie that we get in December...

Do you think it will be a big thing? And play at most cinema's or only a few....

Oh and hello to fellow British Twilight lovers!
"After a few minutes, he asked, real quitely, if you turned into an animal, too. And I said, 'She wishes she was that cool!'"Jacob, Breaking Dawn
User avatar
Fangirl
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:07 pm
Location: England

Re: The British Thread

Postby Doodle » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:29 pm

I think it's unfair that we get it after the US, I felt the same about getting Breaking Dawn later too.

As for how the movie will be recepted I think it will play in most big named cinema's and if it's marketed well then it should do okay here. Some Harry Potter fans might see it for Robert, romance fans will like it, and it might appeal to vampire fans aswell, so people will see it other than us Twilight lovers. Me and my friend are so excited for it, we're booking tickets as soon as we can :D
Image
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
User avatar
Doodle
Learning to Love Green
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Re: The British Thread

Postby heat of the sun » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi guys! I'm Michelle. Hope you don't mind me joining in! I have a lot of British friends and they're always surprised that I know so much about the UK. I was basically born in the wrong body, one of an American. Haha.
Image
heat of the sun
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Re: The British Thread

Postby Fangirl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:26 am

Doodle wrote:I think it's unfair that we get it after the US, I felt the same about getting Breaking Dawn later too.

As for how the movie will be recepted I think it will play in most big named cinema's and if it's marketed well then it should do okay here. Some Harry Potter fans might see it for Robert, romance fans will like it, and it might appeal to vampire fans aswell, so people will see it other than us Twilight lovers. Me and my friend are so excited for it, we're booking tickets as soon as we can :D


I know how you feel.... it's not fair!!

We are also important.

I hope you are right about lots of cinema's getting it. Otherwise I will be mad :twisted:
Hahaa..... but I know what you mean about the excitement.... I can hardly wait!!
"After a few minutes, he asked, real quitely, if you turned into an animal, too. And I said, 'She wishes she was that cool!'"Jacob, Breaking Dawn
User avatar
Fangirl
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:07 pm
Location: England

Re: The British Thread

Postby heat of the sun » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:23 pm

I think it's fair. Twilight is an American book series, and it has more of a following in the US. Especially since Twilight is the first film of the series, I think the producers want to break up the premiere dates so as to see how much revenue it brings in from the US before releasing it in other countries where the fandom isn't as large. The same staggered release date strategy occurs with many other films. It may also be that another big film is to be a UK-only release [or vice versa for the US] on the intended release date and they don't want to compete, so they push it forward or backward depending on what's best for the box office.
Image
heat of the sun
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Re: The British Thread

Postby Fangirl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:22 pm

heat of the sun wrote:I think it's fair. Twilight is an American book series, and it has more of a following in the US. Especially since Twilight is the first film of the series, I think the producers want to break up the premiere dates so as to see how much revenue it brings in from the US before releasing it in other countries where the fandom isn't as large. The same staggered release date strategy occurs with many other films. It may also be that another big film is to be a UK-only release [or vice versa for the US] on the intended release date and they don't want to compete, so they push it forward or backward depending on what's best for the box office.


That's because you're getting it first! :D
"After a few minutes, he asked, real quitely, if you turned into an animal, too. And I said, 'She wishes she was that cool!'"Jacob, Breaking Dawn
User avatar
Fangirl
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:07 pm
Location: England

Re: The British Thread

Postby heat of the sun » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:26 pm

No, I could really care less when it's released here, especially since it was already bumped up a month. There's no way for it to be changed again anyway. Even if I were in the UK, I realize that it's just the way things work - management wants as much money as possible from the films, so if this gets them the most revenue, so be it.
Image
heat of the sun
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Re: The British Thread

Postby Doodle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:19 pm

From a business side it is fair I suppose, but from a reader's side it isn't. I know it has a bigger following in the US, but it has fans all over the world and whilst it is american we all love it regardless. Fans should be taken into account (however like I will boycott it, I'm too curious to see how Robert is as Edward).

My problem with the release dates was mainly with releasing Breaking Dawn 3-4 days after the American release, rather than Twilight the film, as they do that with alot of films. But I don't see why it should happen with the books. The internet becomes a mass of spoilers and I came across Nessie accidently before I got the book. But meh, I can't do nothing about it. They have their reasons I suppose.
Image
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
User avatar
Doodle
Learning to Love Green
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Re: The British Thread

Postby x_mystical_dreams » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:31 pm

Doodle wrote:From a business side it is fair I suppose, but from a reader's side it isn't. I know it has a bigger following in the US, but it has fans all over the world and whilst it is american we all love it regardless. Fans should be taken into account (however like I will boycott it, I'm too curious to see how Robert is as Edward).

My problem with the release dates was mainly with releasing Breaking Dawn 3-4 days after the American release, rather than Twilight the film, as they do that with alot of films. But I don't see why it should happen with the books. The internet becomes a mass of spoilers and I came across Nessie accidently before I got the book. But meh, I can't do nothing about it. They have their reasons I suppose.


I totally agree. I can understand it with the films, but not with books etc. especially when it's only a matter of days, would it really hurt for us to have it at the same time?
It also annoys me how they show american tv shows like lost, heroes, gossip girl one series ahead. I can understand when the programme first comes out and they see what the reaction to the show is in the us before deciding whether to show it here, but why do we have to wait for the new series to finish there before they begin here? I hate having to wait, knowing other people don't ! :evil: :lol:
maybe someday I'll come around and tell you
all the things that I never said
with the courage that I never found
.


http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
User avatar
x_mystical_dreams
Buying a Better Raincoat
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: In your garden

PreviousNext

Return to The Cullen Basement

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests