Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Muffin
Settled in Forks

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by Muffin »

Ok so just to try and make some peace here

*Waves a white flag*

Leah seems to be a heated discussion, some of you love her some of you hate her. A bit like marmite (It's a British spread before you ask).

Bkwrm -Yeah it does suck that Sam imprinted on Emily. And perhaps it was a bit stupid for Emily to ask Leah to be a bridesmaid, but can I point out that someone else asked someone to be the best man. Emily was trying to be nice. Sam was the one who imprinted on Emily, and like Jacob said it's hard to resist that kind of devotion. I agree however that Leah does have issues that perhaps she should talk about instead of shouting about, but that's just her.

Holdingoutforjacob- wouldn't you whine if the thing you loved was killing you? Plus she still liked Jacob (in a way). I agree that Bella deserved to be told how she was messing around Jacob, it brings her back to reality. I pretty much side with you on this whole "argument" but I don't think you should have made that comment about reading the books. It sounds like Bkwrm likes Bella. So she does like someone.

Please ignore me if I'm being whiny and annoying, I just think certain arguments are fertile, after all we all love the same thing. It's a bit like a civil war, don’t you think? However if I'm being an idiot I apologize, I have a tendency to meddle, sorry

Finally my opinion? Well like I said before, I loved Leah, even if she is bitter and twisted at times, her friendship seems to become genuine with Jacob and she, at sometimes seems to want to protect Jacob. I like that about her.

Once again sorry, I just thought this needed a bit of a cooling down period.

Anyone for tea?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i'm all for tea, and i thought marmite was australian???

you're right, i shouldn't have made that comment towards you bkwrm, but i AM curious. i didn't mean it offensively, at all.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Unwanted™
Settled in Forks

Post by Unwanted™ »

Leah is a bitter person, that's why sometimes she has certain actions, unlike Bella, that gets to keep her Happy ending, Leah still ends up alone.
"Dying for somebody doesn't mean much. It's all about who you live for."

trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I liked Leah okay... I am glad we got to see inside her head a little bit to realize she isn't quite as mean as were thought.
I have a question... People have probably asked and got answers, but this has been nagging at me since Eclipse.

Leah is a werewolf... Did she go through the changes Jacob (and others) went through? Like did she have a massive growth spurt? Does she feel so hot? I am just trying to figure out if she is a 7 foot tall female werewolf!!!
I don't remember reading about her physical changes like that, but that doesn't really mean anything... I could have just forgot it!!
ImageImage
Bkwrm
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bkwrm »

I read these books because I like them. I like Bella, Edward, the Cullens, Leah, and Seth. The only one I really really despise is Jacob. I've given my reasons for despising him.

As for Leah, I am sorry for her problems and I think she has been badly treated by people who claim to love her.
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

trhmllr wrote:
I have a question... People have probably asked and got answers, but this has been nagging at me since Eclipse.

Leah is a werewolf... Did she go through the changes Jacob (and others) went through? Like did she have a massive growth spurt? Does she feel so hot? I am just trying to figure out if she is a 7 foot tall female werewolf!!!
I don't remember reading about her physical changes like that, but that doesn't really mean anything... I could have just forgot it!!

It said Leah is about 6 feet tall. Not completely unnatural, I suppose (Rebecca Romijn, anyone?). But still not as huge as all the other wolves.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:
trhmllr wrote:

It said Leah is about 6 feet tall. Not completely unnatural, I suppose (Rebecca Romijn, anyone?). But still not as huge as all the other wolves.
Thanks!!!! I had been wondering about that for a while and finally I decided to ask!!! Yeah 6 feet is still okay. I know girls/women who are that tall. I was just curious if she as tall and buff. People would be used to seeing guys that way but a girl....
Thanks again!
ImageImage
Bella+Edward4ever
Settled in Forks

Post by Bella+Edward4ever »

Leah is one of my personal favorites. I absolutely ADMIRE her and her strength. She faces all of the things that cause her pain very bravely I think, even if she lashes out, which I think is totally understandable, given what she has been forced to go through.
ImageEmmett Cullen:STRONGER than you since 1915
britt08
Settled in Forks

Post by britt08 »

leah is going through such a common struggle in her life i dont know how anyone could not feel even a little bit for her and her pain.

the love of her life imprited on another woman and every day she was to watch how in love they are and happy together and there isnt much getting away with it because when the phase she can here everything.

a bunch of dudes have to hear her every thought and feeling of pain. do you think she would want that to have people know how truly she is hurting......still?? it would be embaressing to me especailly the person to break your heart being right there also. it cant be easy

oh and she is young and already thinks she will never be able to have a baby. as a girl i know its just an instinct i think we were all born with, to want children. i dont know what i would do if i walked into the doctor and after some tests they told me i would never have children.

so lets see this girl is struggling and more people then needed know about it. i cant imagine that being easy so i say give her a break
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

hear hear!

really, when you think about, leah encompasses so many of our daily struggles as women. and, dare i say it?, she signifies the woman's struggle in a man's world, i.e. the pack?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...