1) This is the first mention we have of the huge black bear wandering around the forest of Forks. What was your first impression of this information? Did you think it would be as important as it turned out to be?I was interested. I didn't really think much of what it could be, what it could mean but I knew that it would be something.
2) What did you think of Mike in this chapter and his behavior toward Bella? Were you surprised that he wasn't trying to "make the most" of working alone with her?I figured that maybe Mike was "over" Bella. Maybe he realized that she wasn't over the pain of losing Edward.
3) What did you think of Bella's motorcycle plan?Eh....it was interesting enough.
4) When you first saw Jacob through Bella's eyes, what did you think? Did you like him? Did you think he would become as important to her as he did?I liked him. Just not as I *loved* Edward! Jacob seemed to be a nice, "normal" teenager. It doesn't surprise me that they did become important to one another.
5) Were you surprised by Bella's complete reluctance to leave Forks or did you suspect it given Edward's minimally lingering presence? Why or why not?I wasn't surprised that she didn't want to leave Forks. It was the place that she met Edward and where they shared their time. Like the question asks, his presence was there.
6) This is the first time we see Billy without Edward around or the threat of Edward looming. Did your impression of him change at all from Twilight? Why or why not?Not really. I think he'd still be protective of Bella because she is Charlie's daughter, just maybe not as protective because Edward and the rest of his family are gone. I think if we never saw Edward to begin with, Billy would be someone totally different.