General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Jasper's Response to Bella's Change

Post by darkrider »

Actually, I wasn't surprised at all that Jasper reacted to Bella's new born-ease the way he did. I was taken aback though by the way that BELLA, handled being a new born herself. Now, back to Jaz... I understand, to an extent, why he reacted to the situation though. Jasper didn't handle being a new born well himself. So I could completely understand why he was so upset with the situation. Also, it wasn't that he was upset with Bella-his emotions, in my opinion, were a mixture of confusion, curiosity, and jealousy. :shock:

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Think about how guilty he must feel, Jasper has killed humans in his blood lust while trying to get it under control, but then tried to help his guilt by explaining to himself that it was something out of his control for the most part. Bella showed him that it wasn't true, it was in his control... he just needed to expect more of himself.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I agree with that, although...self control was one of Bella's "powers" so they think.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

darkrider wrote:I agree with that, although...self control was one of Bella's "powers" so they think.
I don't think they believe that after her Shield power was developed. Her self control was just a product of almost two years of Pre-Vampire Prep. :ugeek:
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

I wasn't surprised by Jasper's Response i was expecting it and felt bad for him because he has always saw himself as the weekest link in the cullen household. So it was hard for him seeing how simple it was for Bella. Poor Jasper i just want to give him a hug. But i know Jasper is strong willed and he can over come his obstacles.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

darkrider wrote:Actually, I wasn't surprised at all that Jasper reacted to Bella's new born-ease the way he did. I was taken aback though by the way that BELLA, handled being a new born herself. Now, back to Jaz... I understand, to an extent, why he reacted to the situation though. Jasper didn't handle being a new born well himself. So I could completely understand why he was so upset with the situation. Also, it wasn't that he was upset with Bella-his emotions, in my opinion, were a mixture of confusion, curiosity, and jealousy. :shock:

-Dark
Agreed. I'd be pretty upset too to be honest; with his backround so violent and all- it's hard too see someone have the ability to control themselves in areas you couldn't. That situation definitely made him seem like a weaker person- even though we all know he's not :?
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
midnight_fix
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by midnight_fix »

awww poor Jasper! i just want to give him a big hug....oh wait...he'd probably drain me. :shock: I choose to think that Bella doing so well will have a positive effect on Jasper, that's just what makes me happy. I love that Bella thinks Jasper is being too overbearing in keeping an eye on her, but then Edward tells her Jasper actually is drawn to her cause she's just so dang happy all the time...it gives me warm and fuzzies :D
Edward talks to me in my head.....they tried to give me medication for that but I wouldn't let them.
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

Jasper- i love him. Any way, he was born into a world of crazed newborns and bella coming to be amazingly tame and controlled, bewildered him crazily. He knows how chaotic they can be, and bella was stubborn in her human life also. His response was rational, thats all.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
Vanilla_Lace
Settled in Forks

Post by Vanilla_Lace »

It took centuries for Jasper to be able to tame his thirst and he's been a witness to hundreds of blood-crazed newborns, so naturally, he had those same expectations for newborn Bella. But here she comes along, running in the woods and restraining herself and even talking to Charlie just days after her transformation. Of course Jasper would be seriously bewildered and a bit jealous of how easily she handles the thirst that has consumed him for so long.

And also, let's not forget that Jasper was the catalyst to Edward's decision to leave during New Moon. He probably still feels extremely guilty about that and the events that stemmed from it. Maybe he thought that once Bella understood how hard it is to control your desire for blood, especially as a newborn, he would somehow feel a little more at ease about the incident. But of course, Bella controls herself and Jasper is left feeling a little bit confused.
"But can your truck make it there on one tank of gas?"
"I don't see how that is any of your business." Stupid, shiny Volvo owner.
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

No, because he feels as if he has always been the weakest as to resisting blood in the cullen family. He is beating himself up because he thinks it's him, not because of the past he has had. He thinks if Bella is having it so easy, then what's wrong with him?
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."