The voices in my head

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: The voices in my head

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

LilyMorgana wrote:I'm not sure this counts as 'A Voice In My Head' but I hear my own voice in my head. As in, I talk to myself in my head. :? Is that crazy? I have entire conversations with myself and sometimes rehearse what other people will reply to me when I'll ask them something. In that last case, I often do a pretty good job imagining their voices as well.
Anyway, a little example of a conversation with myself:

Me I: I'm not in love with him.
Me II: You so are.
Me I: I'm not. I don't even know if I like him!
Me II: You so do.
Me I: I don't. He's an arrogant idiot.
Me II: You're still in love with him.
Me I: Am not.
Me II: *sigh* You are.
(And so on.)

I'm crazy, aren't I?
I do that all the time! Especially the having potential conversations with other people...embarrassingly, sometimes I even find that I'm talking out loud!

I definitely have the conversations with myself, too, though. I'm sure it's not normal, but a voice of mine often likes to insult me. :lol:

I actually used to narrate my life like in a book. Everything I would say, my mind would tag on 'she said.' Once when I was talking to my dad, I actually said, 'she said' out loud! :lol:

Also, I've recently developed a habit of when I hear a word or phrase my fingers will move like I'm typing it...it's really wierd, and it happens a lot, but not all the time. :?
Last edited by xXBeSafeXx on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

My voice and I always banter with each other, making suggestions for things to do or what to eat. It's my "adviser" sometimes, telling me what's best to do and such. It can be interesting when I catch myself in the middle of a conversation with my voice. It makes me sound crazy saying that aloud.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

When I catch myself having a conversation aloud, the first thing I always do is check the location of everyone in the house to make sure they didn't hear me, and then I wonder when exactly it became out loud, because I'm certain I didn't start it out loud....it can be quite disconcerting... :?
ImageImageImage
Sterling Snow
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: chillen with Jasper, Draco, and the people in mah head

Post by Sterling Snow »

There is this voice in my head that narrates my life.
After I say somthing, the voice will add onto it:
Me: No, I don't need any help.
Voice: She said condescendingly, rolling her eyes.

I've found myself doing this increasingly more often
Yes, I love Harry Potter. Yes, I am in Slytherin. Will that be a problem?
Team Taylor and Team Robert
I'm baaaack! (and fangirlier than ever!!!)
If you know how to make banners/avatars, please pm me, cuz I'm in desperate need of one!
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Ah, your voice is more creative than mine used to be.

Mine's more creative when other people are talking, though. :lol:
ImageImageImage
icunevermore
Wandering Through Town

Post by icunevermore »

My voices just giggle at stupid stuff cuz self control won't let me giggle out loud.
I wanna be a Grizzly Bear just so Emmitt will tackle me.
http://www.myspace.com/icunevermore
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

^^ Me too!
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

axl's the only voice in my head.
he says many things.
mainly naughty things.
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I will like think of everything in my super-cooler head, and Michelle, I remember when I did something like that! I would be like, "I started to narrate my life story, aloud for everyone to hear." And my parents were like "Stop!" And I was like, "My parents, as amazing as they were, had their faults. Right now, my amazing parents were asking me to stop talking. I replied with a no." I did that out loud for awhile, now it just happens in my head. :D
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

^^I totally narrate my life in my head too! I make it read like a book, and whenever anybody says anything or if i say it then I'll spell it out in my head and "write" it out, in book format.
xXBeSafeXx wrote:
LilyMorgana wrote:I'm not sure this counts as 'A Voice In My Head' but I hear my own voice in my head. As in, I talk to myself in my head. :? Is that crazy? I have entire conversations with myself and sometimes rehearse what other people will reply to me when I'll ask them something. In that last case, I often do a pretty good job imagining their voices as well.
Anyway, a little example of a conversation with myself:

Me I: I'm not in love with him.
Me II: You so are.
Me I: I'm not. I don't even know if I like him!
Me II: You so do.
Me I: I don't. He's an arrogant idiot.
Me II: You're still in love with him.
Me I: Am not.
Me II: *sigh* You are.
(And so on.)

I'm crazy, aren't I?
I do that all the time! Especially the having potential conversations with other people...embarrassingly, sometimes I even find that I'm talking out loud!

I definitely have the conversations with myself, too, though. I'm sure it's not normal, but a voice of mine often likes to insult me. :lol:

I actually used to narrate my life like in a book. Everything I would say, my mind would tag on 'she said.' Once when I was talking to my dad, I actually said, 'she said' out loud! :lol:

Also, I've recently developed a habit of when I hear a word or phrase my fingers will move like I'm typing it...it's really wierd, and it happens a lot, but not all the time. :?
And this is what i do too! Im so glad i found this thread, I'd totally thought I was insane before!
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd