Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
AliceluvsJasper2eva
Wandering Through Town

Re: Alice Cullen

Post by AliceluvsJasper2eva »

yeah we all are tru Alice cullen lovers
Emmett and Edward are the hottest vampires alive!!!!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

You guys should go to In The Twilight Zone and register on Team Alice!
It's so fun!
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
AliceluvsJasper2eva
Wandering Through Town

k thnx for the invite. Is this because of us fighting over the Alice Cullen chapter.
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

we were talking about this on the edward thread.. alice's visions are totally based on decisions right?? so how did she see the cullens in the first place? was she seeing her decision to find more people like her? or was it a freebie? what was it?
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

spicey16 wrote:we were talking about this on the edward thread.. alice's visions are totally based on decisions right?? so how did she see the cullens in the first place? was she seeing her decision to find more people like her? or was it a freebie? what was it?
For me, they are changed by the decisions one makes, they are more fluid when it comes to event that have not yet pasted. Like her weather prediction asnd such. She also has a pretty good spidy scense that does not have to do with decisions at all.

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
AliceluvsJasper2eva
Wandering Through Town

For me, her visions change by the way the persons decisions change. Alice can see vampires more clearly because she is one. So if it is a vampire she is watching she can see them very well and their decisions made. But when it comes to a human she can see them blurry because she can't remember when she was human and it is hard to see them. But if it is an event that has not happened yet she can see really good, like in twilight on chapter 16 at the very end when she told them what was going to happen in the weather, she was right. Werewolves and half-breeds give Alice headaches because she has to strain to try to see them. So she will never be able to see the future or what is going to happen with Renesmee or Jacob.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

AliceluvsJasper2eva wrote:For me, her visions change by the way the persons decisions change. Alice can see vampires more clearly because she is one. So if it is a vampire she is watching she can see them very well and their decisions made. But when it comes to a human she can see them blurry because she can't remember when she was human and it is hard to see them. But if it is an event that has not happened yet she can see really good, like in twilight on chapter 16 at the very end when she told them what was going to happen in the weather, she was right. Werewolves and half-breeds give Alice headaches because she has to strain to try to see them. So she will never be able to see the future or what is going to happen with Renesmee or Jacob.
So how do you explain the weather forcast and other none senscient things Alice sees?

spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

Dk, i've been racking my brain ever since my original conclusion was proved wrong :evil: so the only thing i can figure which still supports that her visions are based on decisions is that she can see into a persons future for the path they are on at that moment. Like when she searches jaspers future, she is searching for the path he is on at that time. As far as the weather, if she decides to play base ball then she will see the weather that will accompany that decision. its a weak idea, i know, but its all i got. :D
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

OK, I have given this very question a whole lot of thought, and this is what I get (by the way, it is kind of based on a discussion of temporal tampering from a Star Trek fan site).

1. Alice sees what is closely related to her and those she loves clearly (minus half-breeds and shape-shifters), but can see other things dimly that may have an impact on her because the visions are linked to what she knows (see the transformation chapter of BD)
2. Things that are probable shift until a decision is set. This is taken from Midnight Sun. The future twists and shifts to show all possible permutations until a choice or series of choices makes one path the clear outcome. (Google the concept of multiple universes for a really cool scientific version of this)
3. These set paths may change and may not be fully visible to Alice. Think about all the people you run into in one day that can have an effect on your future and you will get the drift of how quickly the future can shift.

Hope this doesn't sound too cheesy, but I have thought about Alice and her visions a lot.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Openhome wrote:OK, I have given this very question a whole lot of thought, and this is what I get (by the way, it is kind of based on a discussion of temporal tampering from a Star Trek fan site). ***The more they overhaul the pluming the easier to cloug the drain...

1. Alice sees what is closely related to her and those she loves clearly (minus half-breeds and shape-shifters), but can see other things dimly that may have an impact on her because the visions are linked to what she knows (see the transformation chapter of BD) ***I always thought she was the soothsayer from the Mel Brooks films, although she does give megan Fox a run for her money...
2. Things that are probable shift until a decision is set. This is taken from Midnight Sun. The future twists and shifts to show all possible permutations until a choice or series of choices makes one path the clear outcome. (Google the concept of multiple universes for a really cool scientific version of this) ***I have read it before, heck I think I'm living it...
3. These set paths may change and may not be fully visible to Alice. Think about all the people you run into in one day that can have an effect on your future and you will get the drift of how quickly the future can shift. ***Except those that are.

Hope this doesn't sound too cheesy, but I have thought about Alice and her visions a lot.
***pretty cheese wiz, I bring the crackers... :D