What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: What are you reading?

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

*le gasp* BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! Was that a desparaging remark about a Tamora Pierce novel!? Such blasphemy should not be allowed....oh wait, I didn't like Bloodhound either because that's the one with almost no dead bodies and the dude Bekka was flirting with the whole time wasn't Rosto. The third one HAS to be good because she'll be back in Corus with Rost AND she's Tunstall's partner now. Add to that Goodwin being her boss and Bekka's sure to get a fun assignment.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I'm still waiting for Bloodhound, I'm in the reserves list though. It had better come soon...

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I missed Rosto lots and lots. He was fun. Dale... almost wasn't. He was nice, but not a Trickster. After Trickster's Queen, I have a thing for Tricksters and jokers like Nawat. And Numair. Numair is good too.
Same thing with Storm Glass- I missed the old main guy, Valek. He was cool. The new ones, for the new character, weren't particularly strong, and the love triangle wasn't nearly explored enough to justify the amount it was in there.
Oh, and book are almost always better with lots of dead people. Except Harry Potter.
*crosses fingers for a good third book*
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

The Immortals is definately my favorite TP quartet. I love Numair so much. But yeah, Dale totally breaks the trend, we got George, Numair, uhm I'll ignore Lady Knight for this comparison unless Dom counts as a love interest or trickster which he so doesn't, Nawat, Rosto....heck there's even Briar over in Emelan. I could see Dale and Bekka together in a tamer life where she was some lady's maid or somethign like her sisters..but he just does not cut it as a Dog's lover. Aw, I miss Kyprioth now. He was by far the coolest god in the whole pantheon
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

I wouldn't mind working for Kyprioth. One thing that made me laugh during Bloodhound was people referring to working for The Trickster, and I just found it amusing. Aly is without a doubt my favorite character in all of Tamora's books. And by George, I fogot George! I heartily approve of him, too. Dale just can't compare to any of them... she got rid of some classics, but I suppose someone who walks an the far side of the law wouldn't work for Beka, would it?
The Trickster series is my favorite. Aly is probably as good of a spy as James Bond, or better, becasue she can run an entire spy network and Bond just gets fancy Aston Martins that he destroys. :( Poor Aston Martin...
blasphemous_contessa

Hahah, Aly was pretty cool, I definately like her more than Alanna but Daine is my favorite by virtue of her awesome animal related superpowers and the fact that she's so absolutely perfect for Numair that it's amazing they didn't figure it out from the begining.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Preparing for my 5th grade class this school year...trying to decide on a reading list for them, so right now I am reading...

A Wrinkle In Time
The View from Saturday
and Stormbreaker

Thank you Naureen!!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

^^ For 5th graders, I suggest A View From Saturday. I didn't read A Wrinkle until I was in 6th grade, and I'm ahead of most of my class. Any other book by Koingsburg (sp?), who wrote Saturday, like The Egypt Game, are really good too. The Egypt Game is one of my old favorites.

Still on my Tamora Pierce streak, reading Squire. Raoul makes me laugh, frequently.
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

The Magic or Madness trilogy ended poorly, would not recommend it.

Now I am starting If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I'm excited to read it because I've heard such good things about it. Summit also bought the rights to make the movie.
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

I just heard that Stephenie Meyer is working on sequels for The Host -- according to Goodreads.com the first sequel is called The Seeker, followed by The Soul. The release dates are posted as 2010 and 2012. I'm excited to hear that she's still writing, after the MS leak I wasn't quite sure what to expect. YAY!!