True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
netnut
Wandering Through Town

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by netnut »

I have a question for those of you who have read a number of books in this series, do the books need to be read in chronological order?? I just finished Dead Until Dark & searched 2 bookstores today to find "Living Dead In Dallas" or even "Club Dead" & could not find either. Instead I bought "Dead to the World" and "Dead As a Doornail."

Let me know if I need to exercise patience this time or if I can just jump on in & start reading one tonight!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Do the books need to be read in chronological order? Yes. They really do need to be read in order. As the story progresses, it is important as different characters come and go and to understand the growing complexity of Sookie's position. This is a series that should be read in order. Try checking out the library to see if those books missing in the bookstore are available.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
em's_twilight
Settled in Forks

Post by em's_twilight »

I thought last nights episode was kinda funny ha ha :lol: but Bill is getting a little suspicious, kinda creepy, but still sexy as freak! ha ha :twisted:
em's_twilight
Settled in Forks

Post by em's_twilight »

By the way i haven't read the books so excuse my being excited every episode ha ha
Marcy
Lexicon Crisis Evacutation Coordinator

Post by Marcy »

I've read the books! And from what I've heard, the entire first season is being based on the first book, Dead Until Dark.

I'm absolutely loving this show, but for the person that said they were waiting to watch it until they'd read, don't bother. Even now at 3 episodes were only like 80 pages into the book or so. :lol:
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Persephonie »

I like the show, but I can't stand Anna Paquin.
Out of ALL the actresses out there they could have picked to play Sookie, why her my God !

I hate her mouth.
She is a horrible actress.
And we won't even start on her on-screen kissing abilities.

She is going to be the death of that show.
shananimal
Settled in Forks

Post by shananimal »

em's_twilight wrote:I thought last nights episode was kinda funny ha ha :lol: but Bill is getting a little suspicious, kinda creepy, but still sexy as freak! ha ha :twisted:
it was hilarious! my favorite is when the light changes, and the music, and everything goes into slow motion when ever bill and sookie are together! Lafayette is hilarious too, hes my favorite so far.

I am put off by how much they derive from the original plots though...there are like a million sub plots, and added characters. Tera is new, and it looks like jason plays a major part in this season...

anyway, looking forward to next episode when were introduced to Fangtasia! hahahaha :D
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

em's_twilight wrote:By the way i haven't read the books so excuse my being excited every episode ha ha
I feel you. I haven't read any of the books yet and I LOVE THE SHOW.

My best friend has the series so she is going to loan the books to me..I'm debating on whether or not to read them though because I don't want to constantly go back and forth comparing the book to the show..But it does help some having a visualization of the characters so that when you do read the books, you have the actors in your mind and can picture them as you are reading.
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

Some one might have already said this, but I am going to ask anyway. What is the name of the book series? Who is it by?? I want to read them, but am not sure the name.
Thanks to anyone who can answer me.
ImageImage
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

trhmllr wrote:Some one might have already said this, but I am going to ask anyway. What is the name of the book series? Who is it by?? I want to read them, but am not sure the name.
Thanks to anyone who can answer me.
haha it says in it the title

Southern Vampire mysteries
sookie stackhouse

do a search for those and you will find title and what not of each book
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus