Administrator+Moderator+ Stephenie Meyer appreciation :)

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Administrator+Moderator+ Stephenie Meyer appreciation :)

Post by debussygirl »

Sorry I had to run out last night, I've been busy.
But I really would like to say how much we truly appreciate all of your effort in making this a fun, safe, and happy place for all us Twihards to hang out with people who understand our OCD. Thank you so much!!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Oh, no! We missed the party!

/headdesk

Oh well. Never too late to say that we really and truly appreciate everything you mods do for us and the Lex. :) Please continue to keep up the great work!
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Our pleasure....

And hey, some of us are very slow party-ers. If a cricket match can take five days (and England just beat Australia at Lords for the first time in seventy-five years -- yay!), I don't see why we can't go on partying for a couple....(*grin*)
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Congrats to all those who hail from England, then! I say it should go on for a while longer, at least until we get through all the food. :D

Just so long as we don't party like England just won a soccer match! :shock: I don't think the Lex could survive that.
December

Post by December »

Personally, I don't follow football (ie. soccer) at all! Strictly a cricket fan (*grin*).
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Thank you to all the mods and admins for keeping this site up, and especially for re-building it after the infamous hack!

I'm not as much of a regular as I used to be, but I am extremely grateful to still be able to come here when I have the chance. It's definitely one of the most organized forums I've been on, and I applaud you all! :D

I know it's work, and I know that we can be a pain at times, so thanks for putting up with all of us crazy people! :mrgreen:

:)
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

England won a soccer champion-ship?
GO ENGLAND!

And like Michelle said, thank you for rebuilding the site after the hack, to which I don't know much about.
Speaking of that, what happened exactly with the hack?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
December

Post by December »

Ur, no: England won the latest Test Match (ie cricket game) against Australia. It's the second in a best-out-of-five series, played out over the course of the whole summer. Kinda like the Baseball World Series, except it's five games, not seven -- and each game lasts five days, so it takes months to get it all done.

Like I said, I'm afraid I don't follow football at all. But go England all the same!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

^^ :lol: ^^
I've been to England and played cricket (really badly, worse than Bella could even imagine), but it is a fun game. My inability to hit anything but the guy behind me was very entertaining for our host family and their friends.
Most of the stateside Lexers won't have a clue. They also don't know what happens in Britain, and most of the rest of the world, after a really big football (soccer) match.

Anyway, I digress...
Thanks to all of you who brought the Lex through the historic hack, and brought it back better and stronger. I was just a guest back then, but it was pretty amazing how well you guys got it back up and running.

This IS the most organized forum on the web, as far as I have found.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Oh, I know what happens after a really big soccer match. I still hold a grudge against Portugal after the last World Cup. *dances* I can't WAIT for 2010!
Just because I'm Stateside doesn't mean I don't like soccer.

Explaining to Derek about The Hack: Around... August? of last year, a very peeish and idiotic person with much hacking skills destroyed the Blog and the Forums, shutting everything down for several weeks, as a blow against the Twilight fandom and the Lexicon itself. I don't remember the email they sent the Admins, but it wasn't very nice. All the members got one about how much Twilight sucks and how we and the Lex are losers for liking it. The Admins took an opourtunity to rebuild the Lex and make it nicer and cleaner, and here we are.
Any better explanations from Mods who actually remember what happened?