What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Re: What are you reading?

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

:lol: I do read a lot. Like a lot more than anyone I've ever met, I even read while I'm eating, during the previews at movies or while wating for a page to load online. I know, I know...I'm such a dork.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I read while waiting for pages to load, and I have high speed internet!

I got The Lost Years of Merlin, Midnight for Charlie Bone and Charlie Bone and the Time Twister at the library. I love Charlie, becasue he's the other reason I started learning Welsh.
blasphemous_contessa
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

I read the Merlin trilogy in the 6th grade, it's pretty good, but I bet if I rad it again I'd catch a lot that I missed when I was a kid. But I never got into Charlie Bone, I thought it would be a cheap imitation of Harry Potter.

But I do love the Sweep series by Cate Tiernan, those books inspired me to learn Gaelic and runic..I also like the Daughters of the Moon series by Lynne Ewing which made me want to learn Greek and Latin which so far I haven't gotten further than the alphabet and root words of modern english.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I've read Merlin before- its the one by TA Barron, right? Therefore, not a trilogy, there's 7 books.
Charlie Bone is nothing like Harry Potter! There's only like ten kids who can do magic, and its got a very twisted plot that streches through all 7 or so books now, and that's about all they've got in common, really. There's only one wand in it. Vastly different, I've never even thought about comparing them.
I used to be able to write in Greek... then I took up Dwarvish runes after LOTR, so i've totally forgotten them.
And I prefer Welsh to Gaelic, although they're very related languages.
blasphemous_contessa

Hmm...there's 7 books? Then I'm either thinking of a different series with a book by the same title or my middle school library only had the first three books. Must research this. The books I'm thinking of have titles like The Crystal Cave, The Lost Years of Merlin, and The Secret...something....I can barely remember sinc eit was 8 years ago and there have been hundreds of books since then

I never even bothered to read the back cover of a Charlie Bone book actually. I judged a book by it's cover (shame on me)

Never wanted to learn Welsh, which is stupid I think since my nice grandma is half welsh and knows tons of stuff probably including at least pieces of the language if I had bothered to ask.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I read the first couple Charlie Bones.
I never really liked them. I don't know why.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Finished The Accidental Werewolf in the Accidental Friends series by Dakota Cassidy. It was good. Interesting and funny enough to interest me in the second book, so I have requested it from the library.

The next book I'm starting is The Silent Strength of Stones by Nina Kiriki Hoffman. Yup, I'm finally getting back to it!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Warriors: Firestar's Quest by Erin Hunter. I'm reading it until I get my books from the library.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
blasphemous_contessa

Red Moon at Sharpsburg it's really good so far. It's the story of the begining of the Civil War told through the eyes of a twelve year old southern girl who's father has been injured.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Marlfox by Brian Jacques. Finally got my library books....
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May