Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
grbnte
Settled in Forks

Re: The Ending?

Post by grbnte »

You have to keep in mind, along with the muscles being weak from the body lying in a hospital bed, that Wanda had mentioned the souls didn't really care to exercise their bodies. Pet had probably not been much to run around and carry heavy loads etc, so Wanda will just have to get the body used to the life in the caves and strengthen it. And I agree that she'll probably grow some more as the body ages. I'd hate for her to be a child next to Ian's 'giant' forever. Hopefully her body will become stronger and be about to show her delicate side as well as her strength.
BittenCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by BittenCullen »

I absolutly loved the ending :] it was one of those that made you feel complete ending the story. I thought it was an end of Wanda as i neared the ending, i assumed she wasn't going to be mentioned any longer, but brought back in a new body... definetly exciting :] and of course the whole talk with Ian where they ended up realizing they were assuming the different things about each other was gave me an happy laugh before i ended the book.
"I may not be a human, but I am a man."
I Support TeamEdward. ONLY he can send my heart into a panic attack.
Alyson Jaye Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Alyson Jaye Cullen »

I loved the ending becuase I really didn`t want her to die. I kind of connected with her. It also leaves an opening for a sequel. ;)
"Look after my heart, I`ve left it with you."
sean
Wandering Through Town

Post by sean »

I thought the ending was a good ending, though it would be a better book if Wanda did die (Not saying i want her too of course.) The reason why I think it would have been better is that, since i love dramatic endings, it would have been much more dramatic if they had fulfilled her wish, burying her. But on the other hand I'm glad that SM didn't kill her because im looking forward to the possible sequels, because i love all of her books so much I get sad when i finish them. Quick thing about BD, i wish that it was more of a dramatic ending too, instead of happy happy, because it was the end of the sequel and there would be no more books. Just putting that out there, hehe. -sean
cullengirlkate
Settled in Forks

Post by cullengirlkate »

I loved the ending.
It sorta left me hanging.
I wish that I could know what happens afterwards.
with the new humans and stuff.
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

I loved the ending!

I loved how Stephenie was able to get me thinking about how human we all really are. Because when Wanderer wanted to give Mel here body back, and then die. I was like no they can just get her a new body and everthing will be fine. Thats when i stop and was thinking about how i wanted to sacrifice another life for Wanderer. Because i loved her so much i would do anything to keep her even if it meant letting someone else go. That is how we humans are we would do anthing to keep our loved ones. So I loved how Stephenie helped me see how human i can be.

When i read aobut Wanderer's new body i started laughing and was like oh no. Becuase i wanted her in a strong body like Mel. So it was sad that she was in such a delicate body and wasn't able to help others how she wanted.

I think many will learn to accept Wanderer! I was happy that her and Ian were able to get together. And how Mel and Jared were able to hold eachother again.

I loved this Happy Ending Smiles!
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Alyson Jaye Cullen wrote:I loved the ending becuase I really didn`t want her to die. I kind of connected with her. It also leaves an opening for a sequel. ;)
agreed :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Iris Messenger
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Iris Messenger »

wow,
KaseyHeartEdward wrote: ... when Wanderer wanted to give Mel here body back, and then die. I was like no they can just get her a new body and everthing will be fine. Thats when i stop and was thinking about how i wanted to sacrifice another life for Wanderer. Because i loved her so much i would do anything to keep her even if it meant letting someone else go. That is how we humans are we would do anthing to keep our loved ones. So I loved how Stephenie helped me see how human i can be ...
wow, that's an interesting perspective, and quite true i think. I was definitely ready for them to go out and find her a body, full or not, just to keep Wanda alive.
http://portabellaswan.wordpress.com/ <--- fanfiction/twilight blog
http://twilightirc.wordpress.com/ <--- twilight chat
click on banner for graphics gallery

banner and avatar made by me: i take requests
2awesome4u
Settled in Forks

Post by 2awesome4u »

missjulie wrote:I should have stopped reading before the last chapter, when it just fades to black. Its like watching 'AI' and NOT turning it off at the Blue Fairy. Its an OK ending, but the original ending (in this case before she wakes up in a new body) leaves me pondering human existence more. The happy ending kind of ruined the philosophy of the book for me. :?
i kind of agreee with you there. i think the end of the book is sort of more like an epiloge (however you spell that) to show how everything worked out.
i would have loved to see what happened in between though… Ians reaction and all that. when i was originally reading the book and I got to the "end" I kind of went into shock when i flipped the page and it was blank. I was like NO WAY THERE HAS TO BE MORE, lol.

and as for Wanda's new body… ughhhh. couldn't they have picked some a little less fragile? I hate it how she can't do anything… and she's 17! Ians 25!!!! they should have picked some one at least a little older…
Why should we date?
Because we are attracted to each other.
I'm attracted to pie, yet I do not feel the need to date pie.
Krys [Team Werewolf]
Settled in Forks

Post by Krys [Team Werewolf] »

I was definately surprised by the ending of the Host. But I was happily surprised.
I was getting scared when I saw the blank pages that it would be one of those melancholic/sad/angsty endings and I'm like..."WANDA NOOOOOOO!" >w<

I think Wanda's new body will take some adjusting for everyone. Even Ian because since Wanda can't really lie and Ian can see right through her, he'll feel awkward with her extremely young body even though he'll still love Wanda unconditionally.

Jared and Melanie, well I think Melanie will have issues with the fact that her body will probably be a little confused. I mean, the love Wanda felt for Ian must have left an impression on Mel just like Mel's love for Jared left an impression on Wanda.

So, I know they'll all feel awkward for a whole bunch of reasons, but it's nothing that they won't get over quickly.