Adult thread -- The Summer House

Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Adult thread -- The Summer House

Post by Fizzles »

Hello my Lovelies.

It felt weird having a total day away from here yesterday. Hubs was on computer most of last night. I can't really complain as I mostly monopolise it so one night didn't kill me. And he does have brownie points from buying me Little Ashes :D I still haven't watched it yet. I want to wait till I have a day off so I can fully enjoy it.

I've gotta go back and read all that I've missed and then re-post.

I will post the map again. I think the only people who didn't tell me where they were are Diane, Pammy, Gii, and Elle.

Talk again soon. Xx
Member of Rob's Halfway House
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

Jadey wrote:and did you all see this Melissa R interview?!!? all I can say is...
What the hell are you on about, crazy woman!!!>@<#<@#M$N%JJTUIogpbl
1. it didn't make any sense 2. ya know? ya know? 3. Give me one reason they haven't fired her yet. No1 likes her...
I managed to read about half her interview before my headache flared up. What the hell what that woman going on about?!

As much as I want to see the exclusive NM clip, I can't bring myself to watch Bandslam. I hate that they're using Twilight to boost sales for a craptastic movie. Not to encourage delinquent behaviour, but if any of you are shelling out $10 for 90 seconds of footage, sneak into another movie afterwards. You shouldn't have to subject yourselves to a pathetic HSM ripoff and fork over hard earned cash. Personally, I'm waiting until it's available on youtube.

Trine~ looking forward to your Venice pics :)

Before we move over to the new thread, we should make a buddy system to make sure everyone gets there. Especially if we're going to give it a different summer themed name. Don't want anyone getting left behind.
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

GenevieveCullen wrote:
Before we move over to the new thread, we should make a buddy system to make sure everyone gets there. Especially if we're going to give it a different summer themed name. Don't want anyone getting left behind.
:lol: good idea. I don't realise we have a new thread until I go to post on the old thread, and the button says 'locked' and then I freak out incase they've like, banned us from having our own thread or something.
And it happens nearly everytime we get a new one. I freak out :D
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

Maybe for now, we should keep the thread name the same, that way everyone will be able to find it.

To add fuel to the fire, here is an excerpt from MR from the Rotten Tomatoes set visit. Which, BTW, is a great article.
Here's the link: Link

"New Moon is very internal," Rosenberg explained. "There's been a lot of talk about how Edward and the Cullens are not a part of the middle of New Moon, but actually they really are. Certainly, Edward's very much alive in Bella's mind throughout New Moon. As a reader, you feel his presence; he's helping drive that story."

She continued: "It's harder to do on film; you have to somehow find his presence and bring it there without having thought bubbles, constantly. And I think the solution that we found is going to satisfy fans. It's very much in keeping with the tone of the book, so it will be interesting...I think fans will feel pretty satisfied with what we're doing. One, because it's true to the book, and two, because we'll see more Edward! Can't be bad."

As with the first film, certain changes are necessary to fit the medium of film. Rosenberg's philosophy is that as long as the viewer's experience is the same, Meyer's book has been faithfully adapted.

"Things have to move out of an internal place and into an external, visual reality," she began, "so there are many things I changed. But as long as we hit the emotional experience, I think, it will resonate the same way. Twilight was that same thing. There were a lot of things that were in the book that weren't in the movie, but because we hit the emotional stepping stone all the way throughout, you took the same journey that you took with the characters in the book, and that's what's really most important about an adaptation; you have to take your audience on the same emotional journey, take your characters on the same emotional journey, as they do in the book and then everyone will have the same experience."

She seems to contradict herself saying it's true to the book, but changes have to be made and were made. I guess we'll see when it comes out.
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

JulieM wrote:"Things have to move out of an internal place and into an external, visual reality," she began, "so there are many things I changed. But as long as we hit the emotional experience, I think, it will resonate the same way. Twilight was that same thing. There were a lot of things that were in the book that weren't in the movie, but because we hit the emotional stepping stone all the way throughout, you took the same journey that you took with the characters in the book, and that's what's really most important about an adaptation; you have to take your audience on the same emotional journey, take your characters on the same emotional journey, as they do in the book and then everyone will have the same experience."
Hmm. Maybe she failed to mention that said stepping stones were quite far from each other- like, Pacific Ocean, far.
Fizzles
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Fizzles »

Me again :)

Some things to reply to from the 10 pages I missed. Will prob be jumbled and out of order as usual.

All the pics from Robsessed are killing me :twisted: I'm gonna go and download so many of them for later perusal.

Caryn - Outtakes for TEF are so good. The detail is amazing. She puts so much into it. Hehe - you said Top O The Mornin’ To Ya - I love you speaking the Irish! :lol:

Kris - Hope you enjoyed the recommended songs if you listened to them. Thanks for the lovely pics.

Jade - I loved the interview with her hand behind his neck. Am I sad for just staring at that thinking to myself how adorable. Please let them be in love. My heart was melting.

Erika - I think it was you who posted the pic of Taylor. I know he’s young and all but that was hot (even though saying that makes me feel like a Team Edward traitor) The wolf tattoo looks a bit like my hubs only his has grown and is now more like an upper arm half sleeve.

Mandy - Hope you had a good time out for your BF’s birthday. Its hubs birthday in like … 12 days … and I haven’t shopped yet. :?

Not only is Rob :D our Number 1 thing in common but now we’re talking about Romeo and Juliet and Claire Danes and Leo and My So Called Life - I LOVE IT! Me and my BFF were totally into this at the time. And NewJen I adore Baz Luhrman. I have seen Strictly Ballroom and Moulin Rouge so many times. You’re right about Australia but I heart Hugh.

Julie - Trim the Man Bush! Retro Bush! LOL That’s what I was thinking. :lol: I do love manly men - just as well as hubs rocks it furry style.
newtonscricket wrote:
JulieM wrote: Is it too early to have a cocktail?
As my buddy Sam likes to say, "It's five o'clock somewhere in the world"

This is so right. Just think, I am between 5 hrs (EST) and 8 hrs (PST) ahead of you all in the States. So if you ever have a twinge of guilt regarding an early lunchtime drink just think of me and say "Its evening where Laura is, so its cool for me to be indulging." ;)

Speaking of me being so many hrs ahead of you, its 1am now and maybe I should think about bed soon.

Laura Xx
Member of Rob's Halfway House
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

also, Im about 15+ hours ahead of you all.
*points and laughs*

Tell them to stfu :)

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
newtonscricket
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by newtonscricket »

So I went out for a walk a little while ago and ended up chatting with a neighbor who was wearing a t-shirt that said

"Ubi pyrobolus explodit, ibi unicornis"
with a picture of a cartoony bomb over the first part and a picture of a unicorn over the second part.

Trying not to grin like a fool, I asked him what it meant. He said it was from work awhile ago and was some kind of private joke that he'd forgotten.

It's a private joke alright! It's OUR private joke!

It's Latin or faux Latin and must mean something close to "Where fire bombs explodes, there are unicorns" Hee hee hee
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Woot! We are on page 99! :D Since I will be on most likely all night due to school and my stupid English paper I have to finish :x I will post the names again this time (so, Kristiner, no need to worry if I am still on) and I could also put the map in that same post. :)

NewJen~ ♥ ♥ ♥ the story about your walk! I find that very...erm, hard not to laugh or at least have a stupid sh1te eating grin on my face just from thinking about that. Lol.

I don't know about everyone else, but I for one am going to never read a MR interview again! I read the ONE answer from that link that someone posted and it made my brain hurt! From now on I will just ask someone who read it to sum it up for me if I really want to know.

I CALL DIBS ON POSTING THIS ON THE NEW THREAD WHEN WE GET IT! :D :D :D
And this one. :D
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

I was wondering if you were going to post the names Ashley. :D

I'll go ahead an PM Nena that we are almost to 100. Is it okay then if we just keep the same name since it's still summer?

EDIT: Should I also tell her that Ashley is the first to post?
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member