Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Emily Young

Post by Angelvamp »

Ok, hasn't been anything new on this thread for awhile and the subject on Sam and Emily's wedding was brought up on the Leah thread. So I have a new question:

Did Emily ask Leah to be her bridesmaid? And does that mean Emily and Leah are back on good terms, since Leah agreed to be a part of the ceremony?
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Pendragon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Pendragon »

Angelvamp wrote:Ok, hasn't been anything new on this thread for awhile and the subject on Sam and Emily's wedding was brought up on the Leah thread. So I have a new question:

Did Emily ask Leah to be her bridesmaid? And does that mean Emily and Leah are back on good terms, since Leah agreed to be a part of the ceremony?
Yeah Emily asked Leah to be her bridesmaid and Leah accepted. I think while this happened because they are still family and care for each other some what, I think it's safe to say that the relationship they had is not what it once was. I don't really see them as being as close as they once was in light of what's happened. I'm not surprised. No matter how much Leah still cares for Emily, the fact that Emily choose her ex, the same one who broke Leah's heart so bad is still there. Despite the fact Sam imprinted on Emily, Leah still feels the betrayal in her heart and thus their relationship might never be the same.
Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

I agree with your assessment about their relationship never being the same, I don't see how it could be. But where in the books does it say that Emily asked Leah? I remember Jacob saying she is going to be a bridesmaid in NM, but that's it. I don't think it was done out of malice, on Emily's side. I think she really wanted Leah's blessing, of sorts, and Leah being involved in the ceremony is one way to secure that.
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Angelvamp wrote:I agree with your assessment about their relationship never being the same, I don't see how it could be. But where in the books does it say that Emily asked Leah? I remember Jacob saying she is going to be a bridesmaid in NM, but that's it. I don't think it was done out of malice, on Emily's side. I think she really wanted Leah's blessing, of sorts, and Leah being involved in the ceremony is one way to secure that.
I think NM was the only mention of Emily asking Leah. Say do you guys think that Emily is well aware of what Leah is now going through? I think that maybe she doesn't have a full understanding of it and part of that is because Leah has lost the ability to open up to her and doesn't tell her as much anymore.
suzzeeQ

Post by suzzeeQ »

Angelvamp wrote:

I think Emily asked Leah to be her bridesmaid after she was attacked. At the time she would have had the scars on her face; Leah may have accepted to make her feel better. Their relationship would have to have been ruined over what happened. I can't see them going back to where they were, no matter how much either of them wishes it would.
Last edited by suzzeeQ on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

Pendragon wrote:I think NM was the only mention of Emily asking Leah. Say do you guys think that Emily is well aware of what Leah is now going through? I think that maybe she doesn't have a full understanding of it and part of that is because Leah has lost the ability to open up to her and doesn't tell her as much anymore.
I'm not sure if she can empathize, but there are no secrets between imprinter and imprintee. So, I would take it to mean that Emily does know something about what's going on. But I don't think Sam would divulge the gory details to her, just out of respect. He should already know Emily must feel terrible about what happened and he wouldn't want to cause her pain over it. I'm not really one to be quick to throw the blame, in this situation. It's just a bad situation, with everyone trying to deal with it as best they can. Everyone always says how sorry they feel for Leah, but Sam and Emily must feel horrible too. They all loved each other and then terrible circumstances intervened.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

suzzeeQ wrote:
Angelvamp wrote:

I think Emily asked Leah to be her bridesmaid after she was attacked. At the time she would have had the scars on her face; Leah may have accpeted to make her feel better. Their relationship would have to have been ruined over what happened. I can't see them going back to where they were, no matter how much either of them wishes it would.
Actually, she accepted Sam's imprinting AFTER she was attacked. So I can't see Leah having accepted to make Emily feel better, although I do believe that it's quite possible Emily did it to make herself feel better.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Angelvamp wrote:
Pendragon wrote:I think NM was the only mention of Emily asking Leah. Say do you guys think that Emily is well aware of what Leah is now going through? I think that maybe she doesn't have a full understanding of it and part of that is because Leah has lost the ability to open up to her and doesn't tell her as much anymore.
I'm not sure if she can empathize, but there are no secrets between imprinter and imprintee. So, I would take it to mean that Emily does know something about what's going on. But I don't think Sam would divulge the gory details to her, just out of respect. He should already know Emily must feel terrible about what happened and he wouldn't want to cause her pain over it. I'm not really one to be quick to throw the blame, in this situation. It's just a bad situation, with everyone trying to deal with it as best they can. Everyone always says how sorry they feel for Leah, but Sam and Emily must feel horrible too. They all loved each other and then terrible circumstances intervened.
Well to be honest I really can't feel the same way in believing that they feel just as horrible as Leah. I mean yeah I pretty sure they both feel bad. Jacob commented to Bella how Sam still feels bad for Leah, but I don't think he might fully understand her pain, even if they share minds. I know Emily might never know and I think HOJF's theory of her asking Leah to be a bridesmaid to make herself feel better could be a possibility, but we don't know that much 'bout her character so I really can't say.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

It's a very different thing to feel bad for someone, i.e. pity, or to feel bad due to YOUR part of it. I tend to think Sam feels bad for Leah but not so much about how he hurt her and stuff. I think this is evidenced in BD when he sends people to collect her and instructs them to use her old nickname.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:It's a very different thing to feel bad for someone, i.e. pity, or to feel bad due to YOUR part of it. I tend to think Sam feels bad for Leah but not so much about how he hurt her and stuff. I think this is evidenced in BD when he sends people to collect her and instructs them to use her old nickname.
That defiantly true. One reason why I could never like Sam. I mean I could understand why Emily wouldn't understand Leah because Leah doesn't really talk to her, but with Sam is another case. You would think that Sharing minds with her would show him how miserable she is, esp. around him.