Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : *insert new title here*

Post by bac »

And here I thought you were going to say you used to catch sand fleas or sand crabs like these.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Wow bac! What beach did you grow up on? 'Cause I really need to head there!
I grew up in So. Cali, so our sand fleas were the cockroaches that plagued the beach.
We would spend all summer long by a pool or beach. I would go to school looking like a very brown fern plant because my hair would get SO green.
Ahh, the memories.
Of course, I'm now paying for all that fun in the sun with freckles, wrinkles, and a few "spots" that have had to come off. Still, wouldn't trade it for the world.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Openhome wrote:Of course, I'm now paying for all that fun in the sun with freckles, wrinkles, and a few "spots" that have had to come off. Still, wouldn't trade it for the world.
Oh geez, I feel you there! I am covered in freckles, each one representing a nasty sunburn as a kid. Funny thing is that all the freckles on my face disappeared and are now living on my shoulders and chest.

People ask me if tan or burn...I burn then freckle, within hours.

If what my mother always told me about freckles being a sign of beauty, then I must be the most beautiful freakin' woman on the planet. ;) Or at least my shoulders and arms are. ;)
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

LOL...when I was little I had freckles that completely covered my nose and cheekbones and my mom used to tell me they were from angel kisses while I was sleeping! They've kinda disappeared over the years, or under make up :) At least with freckles they give you a kinda "tan look" where as I am as white as Casper, the friendly ghost, and the only other color I can achieve is lobster red. I don't even get a day in between of tan! It's red or pale pale white for me. I've accepted it as an adult, but boy did I hate it when I was a teenager!! Expecially growing up with a lot of Hispanic friends...they are always so beautifully tanned!! No one believes me when I tell them I am from South Florida because I'm so white :lol:

I have never seen sand fleas that are that large! The ones on the beaches here are invisible...we call them no-see-ums. But man can they bite!! They still itch too, 3 days later!

Thank you Naureen!!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Oh, BAC, the sand crabs hubby and I fished out of the Gulf of Mexico last summer didn't look anything like the ones in the pic you posted. I'm drooling now. I'd dig those hunks of flesh out of the sand any day! If they bit me, well, I guess I'd get over that!! :twisted:

Oleander- yeah, girl I hear you about freckles. I don't tan well, either. I have Italian blood, and it seems to have all gone to my two oldest brothers. I used to be able to tan as a kid, but it seems that things changed after I hit puberty. I do, however, get a bit darker in the summer...just enough to go a shade or two darker in my makeup foundation. I usually tan after my first burn of summer.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Hmmm... I thought I posted, but it's not there any more!

I too just freckle and burn.

BAC - interesting sand crabs... Makes me wonder what they were doing all nakey on the beach! :twisted:
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

My mom used to tell me that the freckles were a sign of beauty and that they would go away too.

She lied about a lot of other stuff when I was a kid, and that is just one on the list. The stretch marks haven't gotten better with time like she said they would either.
The freckles just look worse on my lighter skin, and no guy ever told me he was particularly attracted to them.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Oh goodness, yes the stretch marks I got from puberty will NEVER go away, I finally realized it ten years ago. I too am a pale and freckled girl that the Sun loathes. I do not tan, I burn. If I am really lucky, my skin will be less stark white, (which I consider a tan for me) but it isn't compared to the rest of the world. Plus, if I use sunscreen less than spf 15 (sport/waterproof all day type only) or 30, I burn. I have burned with 15 before...and that was within 30 minutes of putting it on and going outside. :( The Sun hates me, I only wish I knew why.

Hmmm, could make a good paranormal story... 8-)

I grew up and live in central Cali. The beach I am most familiar with the central coast of Cali where the sand fleas are tiny and sand crabs are small and hard to find! :D
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I'm odd for a redhead. Maybe it's because I'm not carrot red. I can tan, but I have to really work at it and frankly, I haven't got that much time or desire. Plus, I'm old enough that I wrinkle now. I'll have to scan a post a picture from my college days as a lifeguard. Between the lightening of my hair and the darkening of my skin, I was monochromatic. Pretty funny actually to be all one color from head to toe.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

I've never heard of sand crabs. Of course I live in land locked Nebraska. I have been to some beaches but, nope, never noticed them.

I tan weird. It's like some wacked out farmers tan. Right now I want to wear skirts to work and no hose but my legs are just a shade up from white and my arms, chest and face are brown. I even wear shorts and it doesn't help.

All this talk about freckles reminded me of a story my mom told me about how she and her sisters told one of their cousins that if she spread cow manure on her freckles they would go away. Now you know where my kids get their wicked sense of humor. And yeah, she did it.