The Classics -- Films, books, etc

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: The Classics -- Films, books, etc

Post by maddy<3twilight »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Sing Food, Glorious Food, Maddy..... now!
haha no thanks. I can't really sing...

I clasify Sharkboy and Lavagirl as a classic!
Dream Dream Dream Dream Dream Dream
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I was just wondering if anyone else had thought of this, and I didn't know where to post it...

We all know that Stephenie used classics for inspiration--Wuthering Heights, Romeo and Juliet, Pride and Prejudice....well, our class is reading Julius Caesar, and I couldn't help but notice Cassius's first name is Caius. Coincidence? Any opinions? Just wondering...
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I was wondering the same thing about Caius. Wouldn't it be funny? However, Julius died young with short hair. I am a historian (honestly), so I know that it cannot be him (long, white hair). However, there were only about two dozen first names ever used in Rome (they went by their last names) so Caius would have been used by a lot of Roman men.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Maybe she got the name from Shakespeare, so she would have an accurate name for the time. But I've never read or seen that play, so I have no idea.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Vurktoid
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Vurktoid »

Ah, the classics... :)

I'm putting down Jaws, Rocky, The Dark Knight, and the original 1980s Transformers movie as classics.

As far as video games go... :twisted: Halo. NO QUESTION.
Da na na na na NA NA NA NA na na na na na VURKTOID!!!

10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will,
5% pleasure, 50% pain
And 100% reason to REMEMBER THE NAME!!!!

clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

I confess I am of the percentage of kids who didn't really like to read the more difficult stuff. Probably until after I graduated High School I only liked stuff like Babysitters Club, Sweet Valley High and any other books of that nature. Maybe the only book of real quality that I always loved since I was a child was Charlottes Web. I think that would be my favorite classic book.

I am just trying to get into classic books right now. I recently read Little Women, Little Men and I am currently reading Bram Stoker's Dracula during my lunch breaks mostly. I have Emma but I have not been able to read it yet. I am a little worried that it might be too much for me since I am just getting into this genre and its a bit difficult to understand sometimes.

I take my fixes or addictions in great big heaps....right now, my addiction has been watching La Femme Nikita online. The last reading addiction I had was probably when I read The Guardian and Nights in Rodanthe by Nicolas Sparks and Post Grad by Emily Cassel. I read those three in about 3 or 4 days.

My idea of classic movies would probably be: Yours, Mine and Ours(original with Lucille Ball), Mary Poppins, Sound of Music, Old Yeller, Swiss Family Robinson, Breakfast Club, Pretty Woman, Ferris Bueller's Day off, Cocktail, and Say Anything. These are just a few of my all time fave movies but, there are so many that I would consider....either because its an older classic or a new classic...they are still good to me. I actually have a list of movies I would buy if I had the money to buy them all.

Classic music...definitely the Beatles. They paved the way for others. I am not sure if she is considered to be a classic yet but I just have to mention her: Celine Dion, maybe she is a new classic but anyway, I love her stuff and I have gone to see her in concert twice and I will go see her again if I get the chance.

Classic TV. Now here is when I definitely go for the old classics I only have a handful of old classic favorites but I consider those to be the real classics: I love Lucy...my ALL TIME FAVE tv show....she was a genius I love her to death....Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Carol Burnett show. I like the stuff that is considered new classic TV of course because I liked them the first time around but for some reason I don't consider them classics yet. I love sitcom TV but, stuff like Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Roseanne, Saved by the Bell and Full House are not classics to me yet. Maybe in another ten years or something.

Well I think I am starting to ramble or babble so thanks if you actually read all that ^^.
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms